• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Upgrades (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really very important, but I suppose it is implied that Kong's parents were just teenagers for their species too when they died? Cuz they got killed by Skullcrawlers which look very weak in hindsight now. It's not uncommon for animals to reach sexual maturity very early,, while the war between monkes and skullcrawlers probably caused low life expectancy there. This theory is also supported by Kong growing too big for Skull Island as said in GvK.

Either that or Kong is the especially powerful Chosen One or some shit which there is no proof.

Not really very important, but I suppose it is implied that Kong's parents were just teenagers for their species too when they died? Cuz they got killed by Skullcrawlers which look very weak in hindsight now. It's not uncommon for animals to reach sexual maturity very early,, while the war between monkes and skullcrawlers probably caused low life expectancy there. This theory is also supported by Kong growing too big for Skull Island as said in GvK.

Either that or Kong is the especially powerful Chosen One or some shit which there is no proof.
I believe Michael Dougherty (the writer) implied in a tweet that Kong grew bigger because of radiation or something.

Also, Kong's located on Monarch Outpost #33 which is a reference to Kong's first appearance in 1933.
Another fun fact, did you know that MonsterVerse Kong is one of the first iterations of Kong to not die in his movie debut or be killed by aircraft? In fact, the first thing we see him do in Skull Island is crush helicopters
Yeah the only other two are the Toho Kongs which still makes him the first American kong to not be killed at the end of his movie. He is also the first Kong to stay on skull island all the way through his debut film

Wasn't kong like a child in 73 even though he was more than like 25?

My head canon for the Kong species is that they naturally only grow to about 200 ft (height of kong’s parents and close to kong’s height in Birth of Kong) but using radiation can grow way bigger which is why we see more big Kongs in the Hollow Earth (I think, I haven’t seen the film yet)

Where?
(Also, lol just adds to the pain of this)
Rewatched the scene a few times and talked to some people on Discord, and this is the best interpretation I can come up with regarding the gravitational inversion. We're delving into the realm of pseudoscience so it's not really easy to quantify but this is the best way to view it in my opinion

So watching the scene, this is what I think the movie is trying to say. Keep in mind this obviously violates multiple physics principles

-They enter from the entrance, Kong swings for a bit before free falling towards the centre of the Earth due to gravity
-They pass through the Hollow Earth's boundary, and suddenly gravity "inverts" to being outwards (towards the surface of the Hollow Earth) instead of inwards
-However since they were originally free falling, they have a velocity in the direction against the surface of the Hollow Earth
-Hence, they decelerate at a high magnitude, hence the "1000 miles in 2 seconds"
-After they were thrown 1000 miles we see that the ship stops and Kong and the ship suddenly starts falling in the other direction, which is the gravitational inversion

So it isn't really the ship being crushed by the weight of a planet (that's not how gravity works lol), but it was subject to a force of 1.61 billion Newtons (assuming it weighs 2 tonnes, about a heavy car).

A nice lifting strength feat for Kong crushing it, but worth nothing regarding AP.

This was probably done, but if Ghidorah's storms aren't combat applicable could it at least be calculated to how much energy Ghidorah would need to generate to create his storms?

Actually you’re half right. Kong should’ve been able to climb most of the distance due to the switch of gravity. Remember Hollow Earth has its own gravity and if he leaves that vicinity, then he’ll be able to climb the rest of the distance.
Do we know how deep Hollw Earth was compared to Earth? Because even if Kong had to climb half the distance after falling, there should be some speed to be had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back