• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Addition for Jetstream Sam: Pissing off an AI.

I'm just going to copy this thread I made earlier.

Jetstream Sam's taunt mechanic can put his opponent in an enraged state, increasing their damage output but also decreasing their durability. It notably works on cyborgs with nanomachines that suppress their emotions and the Metal Gear Ray in the video (it glowing red to indicate the taunt's effect) which is controlled by a non-sentient AI.

This should give him Enhanced Empathic Manipulation everyone including myself has agreed that it's Social Influencing.

Also, all the cyborgs should have Resistance to Fear Manipulation as well or does Empathic Manipulation already cover that?

Agree: 8 (@PrinceofPein, @Phsccarvalho, @UchihaSlayer96 (Social Influencing), @Oliver_de_jesus, @Unknownnah (Social Influencing), @Chariot190 (Social Influencing), @ZillertheBucko (Social Influencing), @Armorchompy (Social Influencing), @AThe1412 (Social Influencing).)

Disagree: 2 (@Armorchompy) (Empathic Manipulation), @Chariot190 (Empathic Manipulation).)

Neutral:

Last edited:
Looks good

Aside that, you should only bump thread in 12 hours interval, preferably a day's interval

Although I think this is more of a game mechanic since it doesn't seem like something from the lore, I won't question this detail.

Since it lowers enemy durability, shouldn't there be a stat reduction? Limited I think, since it increases the damage of opponents.

Although I think this is more of a game mechanic since it doesn't seem like something from the lore, I won't question this detail.
It wouldn’t exactly be out of place in Metal Gear. The verse have actual supernatural entities like ghosts and psychics. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sam had some supernatural ability as well, seeing as how he’s able to keep up with cyborgs despite being a mere human and his sword is even rumored to be a cursed blade.

I mean, he's inflicting rage on a machine that isn't even meant to have any emotions. I don't know, it seems more than just Social Influencing to me.
We don't know how advanced RAY's AI is. It's weird to say that it can feel emotions but it's always acted pretty animal-like, that's not completely out of the question. Definitely makes more sense than saying he can inflict unresistable hax just by saying a couple words.

We don't know how advanced RAY's AI is. It's weird to say that it can feel emotions but it's always acted pretty animal-like, that's not completely out of the question. Definitely makes more sense than saying he can inflict unresistable hax just by saying a couple words.
Alright, so I guess it's something similar to Blade Wolf's case? What about the other cyborgs? They have nanomachines that suppress their emotions and Sam's taunt works on them just fine.

for some reason I read the "maybe you should try getting a job" in Sam's voice

Alright, so I guess it's something similar to Blade Wolf's case? What about the other cyborgs? They have nanomachines that suppress their emotions and Sam's taunt works on them just fine.
To be fair, Desperado Cyborgs in particular, only really suppress fear and other emotions like that would hinder effectiveness. Emotions that would "benefit" a soldier like anger or "bloodlust", well Desperado ain't exactly abiding by international laws let's just say.

The emotions stuff probably doesn't apply to everything given that they show emotions pretty often in cutscenes and stuff

me when I'm an emotion suppressed killing machine but I see my opponent wave his arms a little bit and then cancel it into a dodge
rage.gif

anyways yeah it's definitely social influencing, it's just a taunt and nothing more.

me when I'm an emotion suppressed killing machine but I see my opponent wave his arms a little bit and then cancel it into a dodge
rage.gif

anyways yeah it's definitely social influencing, it's just a taunt and nothing more.
Ok. Sam just really knows how to piss people off I guess. I was really just wondering if his taunt would qualify as an ability. I will update the thread.

This is social influencing that can be applied in combat
(doesnt mean he's **** instahaxing dudes who dont resist it to death, it's social influencing, not mind hax, you know exactly what I mean for the goons who use this shit in matches as a wincondition).
He shit talks with purpose. Pissing off an AI, well, it is an AI, not a brick.
And cyborgs in this case have anger being one of the few emotions that is enabled in combat.

This just means in a simple sense that Sam talks shit to put his foes into a state where they lowkey bloodlust, which reflects in stats. And because he's Sam he just giga skill ***** them to death.

Back