• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Cyborgs in Metal Gear Rising should get resistance to Quantum Manipulation and Vibration Manipulation.

Raiden states that hitting Armstrong was similar to hitting a Cyborg, meaning Cyborgs can likely resist the effects of HF blades, an idea which is supported by gameplay. This also means that Jetstream Sam being able to take multiple hits from said blade is canon and not merely a game mechanic since there's an explanation for everyone else, and his exosuit and arm likely use similar technology.

Is there a reason this isn't indicative of his skin being hard like metal, as he's hitting the nanomachines?

Saying now that all cyborgs would resist an effect that was only applied to Armstrong feels like an incredibly wild extrapolation, sorry.

Is there a reason this isn't indicative of his skin being hard like metal, as he's hitting the nanomachines?

Saying now that all cyborgs would resist an effect that was only applied to Armstrong feels like an incredibly wild extrapolation, sorry.
To be fair, there's that Codec that implies the reason Raiden can't One-Shot Random Fodder in Gameplay is because of the way Carbon Nanotube Armor is composed or something like so it wouldn't be too weird of an assumption. It's just that Armstrong's Durability is on Crack compared to literally everyone else.

Well, for one thing, HF blades ignore durability by cutting on the Planck scale, I doubt the hardness of the material means anything.

To be fair, there's that Codec that implies the reason Raiden can't One-Shot Random Fodder in Gameplay is because of the way Carbon Nanotube Armor is composed or something like so it wouldn't be too weird of an assumption. It's just that Armstrong's Durability is on Crack compared to literally everyone else.
Hear me out, but couldn't someone then think that more speaks to the actual effectiveness of HF rather than everyone is resistant? There's no remark on cyborgs violating the laws of physics with their durability, they are just built tougher. So if we saying that something is then built tougher would equate to the HF taking more time to cut through it, the easier assumption then becomes that HF isn't infallible, no?

I'd prefer to not go down that route, but I wouldn't use that entry to support that specific argument, because I believe it can be turned in on itself.

Well, for one thing, HF blades ignore durability by cutting on the Planck scale, I doubt the hardness of the material means anything.
Well, flesh has a particular hardness by comparison to a metal, and Raiden is under the impression that Armstrong is mostly human at this point because this is around the time he breaks the sword, so he'd be a bit confused as to how to describe what he's experiencing.

Cyborg in this instance is just a blanket descriptor for someone hard and made of metal, there's no indication that Raiden's intent by this statement was to say all cyborgs ever resist his sword.

Armstrong is the only person theorized to violate the laws of physics in his durability, if this were the case with every cyborg Doktor would have mentioned such earlier.

EDIT: Moved thread to Content Revisions.

Last edited:
Back