• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA Speed Upgrade Vigilantes Feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if he’s black
Irrelevant. It's against site policy and Fandom is very bad historically at dealing with this stuff. We've had mods banned for months for just quoting stuff like that for breaking Fandom policy.

But a perma ban is complete bullshit
I just temp banned him. The other thread can determine if it's a perma ban or not.

Anyways the topic is suited to be handled on the report thread. This thread should get back on topic.

this thread cant go much cuz it was kashin that had the argument I mean I agree but I don't have his proofs, we argued this already and were waiting for the opinion of staff

Just a note that I gave them a 1 month block, given that the slur was not used as an insult, and the member may be dark-skinned themself.

There are indications the opposite is true regarding the speed of the final transformations, clones, and the giant form.

I actually think we should downgrade Koichi and No.6 due to the comments regarding the speed of sound, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
There are indications the opposite is true regarding the speed of the final transformations, clones, and the giant form.

I actually think we should downgrade Koichi and No.6 due to the comments regarding the speed of sound, but it is what it is.
Sorry but literally makes no sense

Those statements do not mean anything when in accordance of their own feats.

Similar to how Dyspo can hear Hit's muscles tensing up before he uses a Time-Skip and attack him before he can use it. By this logic people hearing each other while moving at Faster Than Sound speeds would be proof that they aren't moving a supersonic to hypersonic speeds.

Number 6's visual feats are clearly faster than sound, he moves quicker than bullets in canon showing them as being frozen.

That statement will not cause any downgrades.

Unless that ends up being consistent, I would say feats take priority, after all, that type of thing comes up way more often then you'd think like Dyspo being able to react to Hit's time skip via the sound he makes.

Similar to how Dyspo can hear Hit's muscles tensing up before he uses a Time-Skip and attack him before he can use it. By this logic people hearing each other while moving at Faster Than Sound speeds would be proof that they aren't moving a supersonic to hypersonic speeds.
Damn I really got ninja'd huh

I heard your muscles tensing as you were getting to type and was able to figure out what you were going to write down.

But yeah Number 6 is able to casually get out a dog pile, look at his bullet wound, take a gun from an officer, fire that gun, and then proceed to do the same thing with the other officers guns while the world is still frozen. The bullets are shown to hit them after Number 6 was finished and is walking away.

He even fires off three shots one after the other, and the first shot hasn't even hit the officer he fired at when he gets to his third shot.

So yeah his own bullet timing feats disagree with him being slower than sound. And Koichi was shown to keep pace with his max speed, dodging, defending, and later attacking him while at his max.

I heard your muscles tensing as you were getting to type and was able to figure out what you were going to write down.

But yeah Number 6 is able to casually get out a dog pile, look at his bullet wound, take a gun from an officer, fire that gun, and then proceed to do the same thing with the other officers guns while the world is still frozen. The bullets are shown to hit them after Number 6 was finished and is walking away.

He even fires off three shots one after the other, and the first shot hasn't even hit the officer he fired at when he gets to his third shot.

So yeah his own bullet timing feats disagree with him being slower than sound. And Koichi was shown to keep pace with his max speed, dodging, defending, and later attacking him while at his max.
That just means that when he was chasing the Crawler that he wasn't as fast as when he performed that earlier feat, since his speed with the Quirk is variable. Seems to be the only way to reconcile the two scenes.

That just means that when he was chasing the Crawler that he wasn't as fast as when he performed that earlier feat, since his speed with the Quirk is variable. Seems to be the only way to reconcile the two scenes.
No, just that there is no logic here like normal. Fiction is always like this.

Number 6 himself stated he was moving at his max speed, and Hi-Crawler is stated to be let him stay in his accelerated state permanently. He even states he can't move any faster, and goes into a crawler stance to increases his speed against wind resistance. Number 6 wasn't holding back, and was shown to be incapable of dealing with Koichi reactions.

Lighting Style is even faster.

Even his casual speed allows him to dodge bullets.

No, just that there is no logic here like normal. Fiction is always like this.

Number 6 himself stated he was moving at his max speed, and Hi-Crawler is stated to be let him stay in his accelerated state permanently. He even states he can't move any faster, and goes into a crawler stance to increases his speed against wind resistance. Number 6 wasn't holding back, and was shown to be incapable of dealing with Koichi reactions.

Lighting Style is even faster.

Even his casual speed allows him to dodge bullets.
When did he says he was moving at his max speed when he was fighting Crawler in chapter 106?

"This form's flesh... is tuned for High-Speed Movement. So... You're about to get a taste... of my true speed."

Not certain why you mentioned a certain chapter number, as if I was talking about one chapter only and nothing else.

My words were not exact, as I don't think he said such a thing. Number 6 needs alternate forms to increases his speed, new styles that makes him faster. Obviously this means he's moving at his max speed, since if he wasn't all he has to do is start moving at his max speed.

I accidently took what he said there, and assumed he made a max speed statement before hand (AFO I was thinking of, not Number 6). Though you cannot deny he was moving at his max speed beforehand. No reason for speed boost and body modifications if he was holding back.

Number 6's visual feats are clearly faster than sound, he moves quicker than bullets in canon showing them as being frozen.
There's not really a way to illustrate this sequence in a different way. We don't see any bullets frozen, in slow motion, or at all during the cop-dog pile. We only see the summarized results where they pack as much information as possible, with him dashing out and all the cops taking the damage. That doesn't literally mean the bullets first hit the officer after he crossed the distance.

And I believe this is the only scene in the series where bullets are in slow-motion? Which doesn't substantiate anything above supersonic.

I think we're jumping the gun when we're suggesting that these characters are Hypersonic - MHS, disregarding narrative and story elements pushed in our face, then relying on fan-calcs and interpretations of a scene, and then using that for scaling.

TL;DR Number 6 necessarily had to be slower than sound for Koichi to react to his steps and this is presented with a detailed explanation backing this up. He then suggests if he could attack with something faster than sound, Koichi couldn't react.

That's my two cents, but I'm well aware I'm screaming into the VsBattle void

He fired off three bullets, and none of the bullets hit the guy he was aim at and was right next to him. This is from when he takes the first gun from an officer. And we don't see Number 6 shot hits any of the officers until he is already walking away.

This cannot be denied. He quite literally fired a shot, and before it hit him was shown to fire two more shots. All in the same panel.

Number 6 not moving faster than sound makes his world freezing feats impossible. It isn't our fault if the author doesn't understands this and also have Number 6 avoid bullets. His feats are impossible unless he is moving faster than sound.

But I understand your hesitation and I hope I haven't been angered you with my horrible way of speaking. I don't want to cause any issues and I hope that you can at least understand my position even if you heavily disagree with me.

Note: Feats always take more precedents over statements.

"This form's flesh... is tuned for High-Speed Movement. So... You're about to get a taste... of my true speed."
Not certain why you mentioned a certain chapter number, as if I was talking about one chapter only and nothing else.

That's after the earlier scene. I was talking about the chapter where the scene actually came up of Koichi using sound to react.

My words were not exact, as I don't think he said such a thing. Number 6 needs alternate forms to increases his speed, new styles that makes him faster. Obviously this means he's moving at his max speed, since if he wasn't all he has to do is start moving at his max speed.
I accidently took what he said there, and assumed he made a max speed statement before hand (AFO I was thinking of, not Number 6). Though you cannot deny he was moving at his max speed beforehand. No reason for speed boost and body modifications if he was holding back.

I think he made the modifications (in style and body shape) in order to get better use out of his speed Quirk, but that doesn't necessarily mean his earlier fighting was being done at max speed. Air resistance slows him down.

Either way though, I don't think Koichi is as fast as his max speed. He was getting blitzed and unable to track Number 6 even when he was in his normal mode.

I do not believe this thread is serving any purpose anymore.

I suggest a new thread be made to downgrade the characters speed.

@Damage3245: My apologies I now realize I'm agitated over something that recently happen to me. I do not wish to take it out on anyone else so I'll be logging off for the day and continue discussing anything in a more calm manner tomorrow. My apologies if I offended anyone, I know I suck at speaking or controlling myself

Note: You can continue to talk and even reach a conclusion without me. Don't feel a need to wait for me.

I do not believe this thread is serving any purpose anymore.

I suggest a new thread be made to downgrade the characters speed.

@Damage3245: My apologies I now realize I'm agitated over something that recently happen to me. I do not wish to take it out on anyone else so I'll be logging off for the day and continue discussing anything in a more calm manner tomorrow. My apologies if I offended anyone, I know I suck at speaking or controlling myself
No worries at all, I'm not offended. Take your time and be well.

I can close this thread if you think that's best.

Yeah, this wasn't the intention of the thread and I derailed it. Seems fine to close it unless OP or someone else has something more regarding a possible upgrade or contentions with it.

And no worries @TheRustyOne I didn't notice anything rude or harsh in your responses. Have a good one! :)

What? Viewing bullets in slow motion can be anywhere from Hypersonic+ to MHS lol
I'm not aware of how fast he perceives those projectiles or how slowed down they are relative to him. But if you want to make the affirmative case for that being a hypersonic+ to MHS feat, I'm interested in hearing you out.

I'm not aware of how fast he perceives those projectiles or how slowed down they are relative to him. But if you want to make the affirmative case for that being a hypersonic+ to MHS feat, I'm interested in hearing you out.
The feat is already on his profile at MHS, but he essentially gets dogpiled by a bunch of cops, views bullets in slow motion, sees the world as frozen, snatches the guns from the officers, fires a few shots, and the shots don’t land until he has already finished walking away.

This all happened in much less than a second btw

The feat is already on his profile at MHS, but he essentially gets dogpiled by a bunch of cops, views bullets in slow motion, sees the world as frozen, snatches the guns from the officers, fires a few shots, and the shots don’t land until he has already finished walking away.

This all happened in much less than a second btw
I'm aware of the feats and his profile.
I'm specifically talking about your prior post.
What? Viewing bullets in slow motion can be anywhere from Hypersonic+ to MHS lol
Where "viewing bullets in slow motion" is meaningless without context.
I want you to contextualize it for me and explain why it's necessarily a hypersonic+ to MHS feat.

I dunno if this was brought up already, but six stated that the bullets were made of rubber, which might change the calculation a bit.
While this is true, he also fired Naomasa Tsukauchi's real gun which had the same effect. I'm just not a fan of using these "effects" or results literally, as that also assumes rubber bullets hit at the same time as the real bullets. There's a lot to dig into with that feat, and it's still impressive nonetheless, due to statuing everyone, doing several large actions, all not only under a second, but too fast for a security cam to catch any of the details.

I also recall Therefir stating rubber-coated bullets don't travel that slow, but I guess it could be worth diving into it again.

Hello I'm back, much calmer than I was yesterday.

Note: Looking back through the chapter I cannot find anything to suggest that the bullets haven't hit the officers by the time Number 6 is done. He is moving faster than they could react, meaning they wouldn't react even if the bullets hit them. And we don't see any bullets still in mid air when he's already finished.

So I think remaking the calc using peak human reaction speed would be better. This means Number 6 Overclock Speed varies between Subsonic and Superhuman.

However I'd like to know if 0.013 seconds is usable, for Human Perception. Since no one is able to see Number 6 when he's moving either, not just react. Since he is basically invisible to a crowd of people, even when weakened and limping. Or is that no long usable?

Or is there another method of calcing this feat?

i actually cant belive the hearinf footsteps thing was an actual argument the fact that damage agreed to that shows how much he just wants to downgrade the verse or at least just argue against every argument to upgrade , with this logic no character should be light speed because how would u see the attack if the light hadn't hit ur eyes a downgrade shouldn't even be in the cards

However I'd like to know if 0.013 seconds is usable, for Human Perception. Since no one is able to see Number 6 when he's moving either, not just react. Since he is basically invisible to a crowd of people, even when weakened and limping. Or is that no long usable?
Regarding human perception, does that mean if he is in a specific location for 0.013 seconds, someone should notice him? Or should him being in a visible field of view be enough?

i actually cant belive the hearinf footsteps thing was an actual argument the fact that damage agreed to that shows how much he just wants to downgrade the verse or at least just argue against every argument to upgrade , with this logic no character should be light speed because how would u see the attack if the light hadn't hit ur eyes a downgrade shouldn't even be in the cards
Again, this isn't just hearing footsteps. This was tied together with information and dialog, explaining exactly what happened. Followed up by him saying a supersonic attack is bound to work against him. While the counter-argument for his speed relies on calculations we interpret differently.

I'm not saying we should downgrade, but I think this is a worthwhile discussion.

I mean can someone prove that Number 6 made those movements before the bullets hit the officers?

We never see a scene of the bullets in mid air and he makes those movements. Those bullets could've hit them whenever, just that he is moving so fast they aren't reacting yet.

That is my issue right now, my calc relied on a false premise and shouldn't be used in its current state.

Again, this isn't just hearing footsteps. This was tied together with information and dialog, explaining exactly what happened. Followed up by him saying a supersonic attack is bound to work against him. While the counter-argument for his speed relies on calculations we interpret differently.

I'm not saying we should downgrade, but I think this is a worthwhile discussion.
this literally happens in every show did Ichigo fight for like an entire episode when he was suppose to have only 30 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back