• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Heat Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
We've been talking about this in the My Hero Academia threads for a while, but we never actually applied it.

I'm basically proposing that both Deku and All Might should have heat resistance for the following reasons:

Deku:
During his fight with Bakugo in chapter 119 and 120, Deku was able to take multiple explosions from Bakugo without getting burned or barely any burns at all.

While in chapter 41, a weaker Bakugo was able to burn and even incinerate part of Kirishima's clothes with each of his attacks. At the end Kirishima ended with worst injuries than Deku and many burn marks through his face and body, with his shirt being completely incinerated.

Needless to say, Bakugo explosions are based on nitroglycerin, which has temperatures of 5000°C, and although they don't last long, in Bakugo's case they can last long enough to be able to ignite a green forest according to Shoto in chapter 78, and as we saw above, incinerate clothes instantly.

In chapter 82, Base Deku was able to withstand with minor burns Dabi's blue flames (2000° C at the very least), more than enough to leave 3rd degree burns and even melt flesh. This would also give heat resistance to Shoji.

All Might:
In chapter 62 All Might was able to effortlessly withstand a continuous barrage from Bakugo's explosions, only showing minor inconvenience.

In chapter 122 of Vigilantes, All Might was able to directly punch the clones of Number 6 made out of pure plasma, which All For One reaffirms by stating that they are a "superheated amalgamation" (chapter 118), and with Number 6 describing it as "my own little inferno, burning me away to nothing" and "overheating beyond belief" (chapter 115).

In the movie Two Heroes, a young Might was able to save several people from a burning building, with only his shirt turning to ash while his body was completely intact.

Unsure if we can scale their resistance to be the same, given that both Deku and All Might use OFA to protect their bodies from all kinds of attacks.

Last edited:
I thought this was gonna be the thread to remove all the “against heat/fire” durability ratings and I am extremely disappointed.

This seems fine though.

More evidence than we initially had actually, though you forgot the feat in two heroes where All Might saved people from a burning building and his shirt turned to ash but his body was fine.

For Dabi, it’s possible his casual fire blast there wasn’t his hellish 2000 C fire, so I wouldn’t really count that for base Deku or Shoji, but when he has Full Cowl activated, he clearly shows fire resistance.

Very consistent that they have heat resistance and I agree.

It's not even that much higher than let's say, blue fire.

The atmosphere of the sun on the other hand, has temperatures of more than a million degrees, and its core has a blistering temperature of 27 million degrees Celsius, and even beneath the surface is the convective zone, with temperatures that reach 2 million degrees Celsius

The temperature of the Sun's surface is overrated and not actually even close to its highest point.

Deku and characters with this Heat Resistance would be disintegrated before even reaching the surface.

Last edited:
It's not even that much higher than let's say, blue fire.

The atmosphere of the sun on the other hand, has temperatures of more than a million degrees, and its core has a blistering temperature of 27 million degrees Celsius.

The temperature of the Sun's surface is overrated and not actually even close to its highest point.
The temperature of the sun's surface is 5505 degree celcius which is hotter than bakugou's explosion heat. Wouldn't a 5000 degree celcius explosion do more than setting a forest on fire?

I don't really get your point, that's not even stated to be his limit or something, but something he can just do by accident.

5505 degree is just a few times higher than fire, do you expect 5505 degree fire to do "more than setting a forest on fire"?

What, vaporize it in an instant? How, if it's only a few times hotter than fire. What big difference do you expect?

Last edited:
Forgot to mention this in the OP, but clothes can take even a minute to fully incinerate in incinerators (590° and 650°C), while Bakugo can do this instantly.

Bakugo's blasts>>>>>>590° and 650°C.

Last edited:
I took it from here.

It seems reliable at least, by the Encyclopaedia Britannica

Seems accurate but how long does the temperature of a nitroglycerin explosion stay at 5000°C? Because if it's for less than a fraction of a second, then it wouldn't be very much.
Couldn't really find a source about it no matter how hard I tried.

I presume it last as long as the fireball.

With 2 staff members and several users I think that's enough.

Last edited:
Couldn't really find a source about it no matter how hard I tried.

I presume it last as long as the fireball.
Lower end of 2000 degrees is the safest option here, 5000 degrees would be the higher end. I mean the higher end can be used if there is a scene where bakugou or anyone just vaporized a huge chunks of high grade steel, then I suppose we can use the high end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back