• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thanos fight against a badass milf (MCU Thanos vs Minamoto no Raikou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I said nothing about BFR here. That was probably said in response to Thanos' hax not having enough range since it wears off when he leaves. It's not useful here anyways since Raikou resists most of the Reality Stone's powers.

His usage of the reality stone, when he left with Gamora the rest of the crew were restored back to their normal forms. The Reality Stone wasn't glowing anymore after he used it on Drax and Mantis, implying that he can simply use it once and the effects can be applied without continuously using the stone, but when he goes too far away from the victims, the effects just disappear.
That's because he left and leaving here would be self BFR, and you say it's due to lack of range but a better way to say it is that it wears off when he leaves the area.

But anyway, the reality stone is resisted

Anyway, Raikou Magic Resistance is only D rank so i'm sure Space Stone and Time Stone can still work, also Raikou didn't have any answer to the power null and matter manipulation

Reality warping can still work too

Resistance doesn't mean you can resist it forever tho, otherwise it would become immunity

And D rank MR aren't high at all, there is the chance the Space and Time can affected her, only B and higher rank of MR that can resist Spatial and time manipulation just fine

Yeah I'm sure that Raikou doesn't resist the powers of the Space and Time Stones when its powers are beyond her resistance. Thing is, I don't recall Thanos using the Time Stone in any meaningful way like Doctor Strange's usage of the Time Stone. The black holes and the intangibility from the space stone are Thanos' best advantages against her. If Thanos used his intangibility in a more defensive way then he could be able to avoid attacks from her instead of dodging them himself since it's risky when Raikou's attacks are Anti-Army.

Power null is based on him destroying the Mirror Dimension with the Power Stone so it's not useful here when most of Raikou's attacks are not fancy space magic, it's just her swinging a bunch of weapons with elemental effects that are many times stronger than Thanos.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure that Raikou doesn't resist the powers of the Space and Time Stones when its powers are beyond her resistance. Thing is, I don't recall Thanos using the Time Stone in any meaningful way like Doctor Strange's usage of the Time Stone. The black holes and the intangibility from the space stone are Thanos' best advantages against her. If Thanos used his intangibility in a more defensive way then he could be able to avoid attacks from her instead dodging them himself.

Power null is based on him destroying the Mirror Dimension with the Power Stone so it's not useful here when most of Raikou's attacks are not fancy space magic, it's just her swinging a bunch of weapons with elemental effects that are many times stronger than Thanos.
Mind you, in this fight Thanos had a little knowledge here so i'm sure that he acknowledge Raikou have the advantage thus make him to play a defensive tactict, he might be able to use time stone if the situation went worse on him but i'm unsure about this one

Hmm, but there's no denying that he can stil use the power null, right?

I forgot that they had prior knowledge on each other, but it looks like Thanos benefits more from the prior knowledge. I don't know if Raikou has fought people who can casually warp reality to great effect, best I can remember is Musashi and her zero infinity stuff but I don't think Musashi showcased such power during their fight in Shimosa, neither do I think that she remembers what happened in the singularity (correct me if I'm wrong)

On the other hand, it looks Thanos is aware of most of his powers not having a significant effect on his opponent, and he might result to using the Power Stone's telekinesis to restrain her (he has ridiculously higher LS), the Space Stone's pseudo black holes and intangibility (for offense and defense respectively), the Reality Stone to nullify her attacks (but not herself), and probably the Time Stone to reverse stuff but I'm skeptical on this one.

Isn't zero infinity like a void shennanigans and not a reality shennanigans? But as for dealing with reality warping, both her Shuten in Shimosa can used reality warping tho they are in different class/characters, and based from her dialouge who remember Shuten and Musashi in Shimosa, i think she know how to deal with reality warping

I can be wrong too so someone need to correct me

Using the Moon would probably be better for Thanos tbh. He could do that, but I'm not sure if he would since it was a one time thing.

Also, Titan's moon was noticeably closer to Titan than Earth's moon is to Earth. And another thing, Iron Man was capable of tanking Thanos' meteors just fine, so I don't think they'd be particularly harmful to his opponent here.

Using the Moon would probably be better for Thanos tbh. He could do that, but I'm not sure if he would since it was a one time thing.

Also, Titan's moon was noticeably closer to Titan than Earth's moon is to Earth. And another thing, Iron Man was capable of tanking Thanos' meteors just fine, so I don't think they'd be particularly harmful to his opponent here.
Yeah, moon should be better here

He might be try to pull more bigger than that as like i said, with prior knowledge Raikou isn't the enemy Thanos must understimated, he can pull out the continent level bullcrap based from his power stone

Also why i debated this? Because apperently Raikou NP, Ox-King Storm Call will be either High 6-C, Low 6-B, or both depending the result/conclusion

Also why i debated this? Because apperently Raikou NP, Ox-King Storm Call will be either High 6-C, Low 6-B, or both depending the result/conclusion
To be fair, if the fight can happen it would end much before than she using her NP, the NP would come out if she is in trouble or against something like a meteor shower I guess.

Again, Thanos tearing out the surface of the moon is environmental destruction, he can't hit Raikou with the same level of AP that he uses to do that. Thanos oneshotting her with that amount of AP is not in his options. He still has his stones though, which can bypass the need for matching her strength with his own.

Her NP being much higher than before doesn't actually change much in this fight, it still oneshots him thanks to the gap between Thanos' physical stats and Raikou's.

Again, Thanos tearing out the surface of the moon is environmental destruction, he can't hit Raikou with the same level of AP that he uses to do that. Thanos oneshotting her with that amount of AP is not in his options. He still has his stones though, which can bypass the need for matching her strength with his own.

Her NP being much higher than before doesn't actually change much in this fight, it still oneshots him thanks to the gap between Thanos' physical stats and Raikou's.
To be fair, i debated Thanos tearing out of the planet surface just in chase of because of her NP

Still tho despite its not his options he would likely used it if the situation went worse on his side, beside that fair enough

I don't think Thanos will resort to tearing out the surface of a planet against her NP. He has prior knowledge, so he knows what stones he should use in this situation.

Right

Anyway, shall we start voting? It looks like we are know who the winner is, asumpting if this isn't stomp (which i'm hopefully not prior the special conditions and the clarification on both hax's)

Well I don't think I'll vote for anyone right now, I'm actually a bit convinced that Thanos stands a chance here. This fight is just a matter of hax vs AP.

The meteors were well into 6-C and Iron Man surviving it was an outlier

The meteors were well into 6-C and Iron Man surviving it was an outlier
But how much the number is?
Well I don't think I'll vote for anyone right now, I'm actually a bit convinced that Thanos stands a chance here. This fight is just a matter of hax vs AP.
Oh?

Inhale
Now
I'm
7c2.png

I just want to point out, for everyone saying "her MR shouldn't be able to resist it" that's not exactly how it works, the rank of MR doesn't exactly change what they resist, as much as it changes how many layers their resistances and power null have. MR (the skill) power nulls the effects, and increases resistances. The different ranks just work on different ranks of spells, and those higher ranked spells would bypass a lower ranked MR's power null and resistance even if they had the same effect.

There are exceptions, but it's generally not "this MR is higher ranked, so it resists different kinds of hax"

As for the fight itself, I guess I'll just vote Raikou fra. Most of the stuff Thanos would use, she either resists, or could avoid otherwise, and the stuff that might work, like time manip and stuff, since those resistances aren't on the pages yet, he doesn't usually use.

I just want to point out, for everyone saying "her MR shouldn't be able to resist it" that's not exactly how it works, the rank of MR doesn't exactly change what they resist, as much as it changes how many layers their resistances and power null have. MR (the skill) power nulls the effects, and increases resistances. The different ranks just work on different ranks of spells, and those higher ranked spells would bypass a lower ranked MR's power null and resistance even if they had the same effect.

There are exceptions, but it's generally not "this MR is higher ranked, so it resists different kinds of hax"
Hmmm, so if that's the case how powerful Thanos Space Stone?

It's like layers, idk if there's exactly layers to mcu stuff, but D rank wouldn't be that hard to bypass if there was, it's like, 2 layers total, because it's only above E rank and then the spells that have the ability to bypass that

It's like layers, idk if there's exactly layers to mcu stuff, but D rank wouldn't be that hard to bypass if there was, it's like, 2 layers total, because it's only above E rank and then the spells that have the ability to bypass that
"Space Stone: Directly linked with, and representing all Space in the Universe, the Space Stone grants Thanos direct control over the fabric of Space itself, allowing him to telekinetically tear apart the surface of Titan's moon, levitate, and fold space to create portals so that he may instantaneously traverse across the universe"

Based from the description, i think it more than just two layers

Layers is if it overpowers the resistance of someone who has a resistance to that ability

I.e Person A resists space hax, Person B space haxes them anyway and it's not clarified to be resistance neg, that's a layer to the ability's potency

Layers is if it overpowers the resistance of someone who has a resistance to that ability

I.e Person A resists space hax, Person B space haxes them anyway and it's not clarified to be resistance neg, that's a layer to the ability's potency
Oh right

Then i dunno, its been a while since i watched Infinity War and Endgame

The Infinite Stone powers aren't Magic based in any shape, they are mostly after effects of the creation of the universe.

They should be able to effectively affect Raikou due to their massive age, without being dampened from her magic resistance.

As for the Power Stone, the thing can one-shot Captain Marvel who is currently rated as stronger than Thanos. It's power is likely based on proportionality against durable foes; If the enemy resist at first then the Stone surges the enough energy to overpower them, hence why Stark could temporaly tanked it at fist with a thick shield before it got destroyed.

This small info should somehow give Thanos increased chances of beating her, if it's doesn't then is a stomp because there would nothing for him to hit back.

Magic Resistance isn't inherently against like magic spells. Its against whatever is able to be considered a magical effect, as in, it's towards things with those effects, not actually just magecraft. It explicitly differentiates itself from the Resistance that magic circuit holders have, which is against only magic due to rejecting magical energy.

Reading the type moon wiki E rank Magic Resistance doesn't cancel spells, just weakens them. It's only D rank and above that actually cancels them

It depends on the person's E rank MR. Ko-Gil's for instance, does still cancel spells. While Bartholomew's for instance, does not

I was mostly referring to the resistances when I mentioned the layers however

The Infinite Stone powers aren't Magic based in any shape, they are mostly after effects of the creation of the universe. They should be able to effectively affect Raikou due to their massive age, without being dampened from her magic resistance.
Magic resistance works on things like Mystic Eyes, which despite their name aren't magic.
As for the Power Stone, the thing can one-shot Captain Marvel who is currently rated as stronger than Thanos. It's power is likely based on proportionality against durable foes; If the enemy resist at first then the Stone surges the enough energy to overpower them, hence why Stark could temporaly tanked it at fist with a thick shield before it got destroyed.
That's not something that's ever been stated or even implied, it's just a feat for Tony's shields.

Magic resistance works on things like Mystic Eyes, which despite their name aren't magic.
It says "mystic" on the name tho, but I'm just going to assume that it's not magic anyway even with the word "mystic" on its name

Man servant physiology is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back