• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Incomplete guantlet Thanos and Ronan with the pwoerstoneare calced from here, there is a problem with the calc.

Since this takes 3 seconds to travel a distance equal to one quarter of the circumference of the planet that's 40075/3/4=3339.583km/s

Also your using the volume of the ENTIRE planet not just the crust.

from here the crust weighs 2.77E22kg while from here the oceans weigh 1.37E21kg this totals 2.907E22kg. Adding the atmosphere gets us up to 2.9075E22kg

It's only seen affecting once side of the planet, there's no indication the the crust on the other side was moved as fast.

So It moved 1.45375E22kg of matter at 3339583m/s

0.5*1.45375E22*3339583^2=8.1067E34J or 19.3755 Yottatons.

And this is still being making multiple VERY generous assumptions. So it's really still a high end.

It still assumes the entire shown crust is being moved at once.

It assuming the crust is being moved at all.

We see a few seconds earlier that the surface aorund the celestial doesn't appear to be moving at all, so assuming the crust is being moved is even more qeustionable.

And finally assumes that it's not all in fast motion, as when we see the celestial we can clearly see that the shockwave is not moving at thousands of kiometers per second, and we know that's not in slow motion because we see people running away. I find assuming that the shockwave sped up is highly questionable.

Yes IF you make 2 questionable assumptions.

I think that Likely 5-A Is the best that can be possibly justified.

But we do not know how dramatic and destructive the effects were on the other side of the planet, just that it was were enough to destroy all civilization there.

Additionally, there is no evidence that the blast shifted the crust. Infact, before it zooms out to view the entire planet we get to see that the blast DOES NOT shift the crust. We also get to see the blast travel from the celestial towards the camera in about a second while also viewing people run away from the blast.

I think it makes more sense to utilize the estimated weighs of the atmosphere+oceans+crust/2 for the mass displaced as we can only see the blast razing one hemisphere of the entire planet.

There is no real need to calculate volume and mass like kepekley did when we already know how much those things weigh.

though I'm neutral on assuming the crust was pushed, although oceans+atmosphere seem reasonable given the visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6oVPrIOVc&feature=youtu.be&t=37

Looking at seconds 0:38 and 0:39 we can see 2 things.

1. That the ground apart from the very top is not moved around. Meaning we should stick to atmosphere and MAYBE oceans.

2. We can see how fast the blast REALLY travels by working out the distance from the camera to the celestial and diving it by the time (about one second) that it takes the blast to reach the camera. This gives us a value far below the one used in tha calc.

Since we can see people running away we can reasonably assume this part is in real time rather then slow motion, and that it's the later zoomed out part that is in fast motion.

1. That the ground apart from the very top is not moved around. Meaning we should stick to atmosphere and MAYBE oceans.

Strongly agree on this.

2. We can see how fast the blast REALLY travels by working out the distance from the camera to the celestial and diving it by the time (about one second) that it takes the blast to reach the camera. This gives us a value far below the one used in tha calc.

Since we can see people running away we can reasonably assume this part is in real time rather then slow motion, and that it's the later zoomed out part that is in fast motion.

Disagree,there is no need to scale the speed from Celestial when we have a footage of the feat on a planetary scale,it is more accurate.Nothing was slowed or accelerated,they just showed the same feat from different angles.

Not different angels. Celestials are 2000ft tall so we can see in video that the celestial is at a distance in th esingle to double digit km, which is travvled in roughly a second.

There is no reason to use that method when we have a better image of the feat on a whole planet scale.

We can't just assume that something is slowed down or accelerated.

The two subscenes contradict each other in terms of blast speed. As such either the first is slowed down of the second is sped up. Since we see people running away in the first, it reasonable to assume that it's the first shot which is in real time.

Also the second shot is the type of thing which is often shown in fast motion.

And finally there is the fact that nothing was ejected into space.

If the entire crust of the planet was shoved at thousands of kilometres a second, we'd of scene it go into space

1. Someone message Kep about this.

2. I actually think the OP sort of has a point. I'll wait for Kep to comment but I generally agree with this.

Message him yourself; doesn't hurt to poke him about critique regarding his own calc.

The surface doesn't appear to be moving...? What else would have caused the continents and the clouds to visibly scatter to the other side of the planet? Why does it very much seem as if the ground near the celestial is moving as the dust cloud settles in? That is an incorrect assertion, as anyone who watches the scene can tell.

Semi-related question: Is there a reason we don't scale three-stone Thanos to the Reality Stone, which has statements that range from Tier 4 to 3 depending on interpretation? Is it something like the Reality Stone not really making "attacks" in the same sense as the Power Stone?

Also, the surface didnt moved, the power stone destroyed the organic matter, just this

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Semi-related question: Is there a reason we don't scale three-stone Thanos to the Reality Stone, which has statements that range from Tier 4 to 3 depending on interpretation? Is it something like the Reality Stone not really making "attacks" in the same sense as the Power Stone?
Pretty sure it is still about the fact that feats much lower than any of that had Thanos reacting as if Antman actualy went through with the meme.

Feats way lower than 5-A seemed to get a decent reaction out of him, too. Very little he does with the incomplete Gauntlet begins to even remotely approach that scale.

I'd honestly just be fine if we said "the Reality Stone's raw power output seems lower than what it can reality warp" or something like that, since the same seems true for someone like Malekith when harnessing its power.

Still decent justification for the Stones doing what Thanos said they would in Endgame, but not much else, I guess.

I suppose. My knowledge on the verse comes 100% from memes, so I'm not exactly the best person to decide any of the stuff.

Dargoo was the one that disagreed with higher tier rating because of the above reasoning though, so he's the one to ask about that.

So a "[Regular attack potency statistic here], [Reality warping statistic here] via hax/environmental destruction/reality warping" then?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Whatttt
You talking about the Endgame statement? Which, uh, requires the full gauntlet?

Back