• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Updated the area and hollowness and added a new end for the laminated carbon
Gonna add 2 new ends assuming that half the wings is steel now
Also the area is still incorrect.

Actual area affected would be width * thickness. Since it's the area connecting it. It'd be like a thin, hollow rectangle, not unlike the opening in thin rectangular medicine boxes. Think of it like the front face of the wing when detached.

0.4694 * 0.069= 0.0323886 m^2. Times 0.05 for 95% hollowness is 0.00161943 m^2. Per wing.

Times 2 because two wings is 0.00323886 m^2.

Laminated (1.6 GPa or 1.6e+9 Pa): 0.00323886 * 1.6e+9 GPa= 5182176 N or 528434.8886 kgf (Class K)

Another end (3.5 GPa or 3.5e+9 Pa): 0.00323886 * 3.5e+9 GPa= 11336010 N or 1155951.3188 kgf (Class M)

I saw some 2.2 and 2.7 GPa ends online as well. Should I add those in?

Laminated (1.6 GPa or 1.6e+9 Pa): 0.00323886 * 1.6e+9 GPa= 5182176 N or 528434.8886 kgf (Class K)

Another end (3.5 GPa or 3.5e+9 Pa): 0.00323886 * 3.5e+9 GPa= 11336010 N or 1155951.3188 kgf (Class M)

I saw some 2.2 and 2.7 GPa ends online as well. Should I add those in?
Yeah I was right. Just outliers due to tearing calcs not accounting for stress damage over the course of the feat.

Yeah I was right. Just outliers due to tearing calcs not accounting for stress damage over the course of the feat.
Well, if it's overtime I can see the issue of stress damage. If it's rapid, then it's a different case.

Unfortunately for our buddy John Walker, he didn't do it instantaneously. There was a brief delay and clear strain in John before the tear was complete.

Hmmmm, if it is exactly 45 degrees, that might lower the strength needed to pull the wings off and bring the value to a more respectable area of 110 MPa, but I'm not sure if it'd be accurate to use carbon fiber composites instead of the pure carbon fiber stated to be in Falcon's wings. And if it goes anywhere higher than that or even vertically 90 degrees, the strength goes straight back to 600 MPa.

Just so you know, no one is going to scale to Doc Ock's arms, Tobey consistently had immense trouble wrestling against them and was always overpowered in almost every scenario in the movie.

And Andrew Spidey is gonna massively downscale from Lizard while Tobey would more or less be on par.
Yeah that makes sense especially considering the last thread and how things went down in SMT and NWH mans arm's are pretty busted

But it's also from a KE feat, which is one of the weaker areas to get a rating from in any series.

When I get the time I'll focus more on what I think the lifting strengths for people should be.

I forgot, do we primarily scale MCU Spidey to Cap or Cap to Spidey? Do we just scale one to the other depending on who's stronger? Main question is just whether Spidey scales to that new Cap calc or not.

Captain America would either downscale from Spider-Man, use his own feat or not scale at all since his shield was the only thing that damaged Peter and Spider-Man also casually overwhelmed Winter Soldier.

BP was also easily overwhelming Bucky's arm. Not only that, Isaiah himself took out WS's arm in Goyang. Just shows that WS with his metal arm doesn't exactly have the best skill record other than Cap.
Cap and Spidey are pretty clearly more skilled than Bucky, yeah. Even when holding back, Steve beat Bucky and only ended up taking a beating from him due to his morals. Bucky's still skilled obviously, but its no surprise Steve outskills him significantly

Back