• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I also don't remember Raimi Spidey lifting a roof, he only lifted the warehouse wall as the sun pulled it down on him, which he then tossed.

Apparently the car MCU Spidey stops is a VW Polo Mk4, but that thing shouldn't weigh anywhere near 3000 lbs unless absolutely loaded. But hey, since Tony said it, maybe it was.

Also this link says jet bridges are 28 tonnes.
That just means we need to make a Real Life revision thread, obviously. I trust Tony

Though in all honesty, Tony could've also been accounting for possible additional weight within the vehicle so I believe we could still use his statement. Wouldn't put it past the guy to overanalyze the situation in which Peter caught the car

Spidey got slowly overpowered here tho, resorting to diverting the claws and proceeding to punch.

This one's good.
To be fair, the struggle seemed more even until Spider-Man was wounded by the Lizard's extending claws. The following scene where his injuries were treated by Gwen showed those wounds weren't exactly minor scratches, either.

I'm not sure what results tearing the wings would get, but yeah, I'd assumed something decent.

They are still comparable tho no?
That's what I would have assumed.

That just means we need to make a Real Life revision thread, obviously. I trust Tony

Though in all honesty, Tony could've also been accounting for possible additional weight within the vehicle so I believe we could still use his statement. Wouldn't put it past the guy to overanalyze the situation in which Peter caught the car
Actually, now that I think about it, it's not really that far fetched. If there were 5 people in there weighing in at more than 75 kilos, considering that 'Murica has a higher average weight than most at 90.6 kg for men, the max weight could've easily reached that. That or if the car was in a robbery carrying a bunch of bullion (In which case it'd have a decent number of robbers in it anyway).

Last edited:
How do you figure out speed given height and acceleration? I'd like to know the formula.

EDIT: NVM, I figured it out. It's (sqrt((2 * height)/acceleration)) * acceleration

BTW, (sqrt((2 * 3.0734)/9.81)) * 9.81= 7.765 m/s.

0.5 seconds. Works, that's how long Spidey took to stop it (watchframebyframe link here, 2m 48.38s to 2m 48.88 s).

Deceleration: (0-7.765/0.5)= -15.53 m/s^2

Force= mass * acceleration, can't have a negative value here, so...

Force= 28000 * 15.53= 434840 N or 44341.3398 kgf (Class 50)

Even more impressive is the fact that he was lifting the entire thing from the other side of the bridge because it detached from the building.
I knocked 0.5 m off the height because Tom's hands were outstretched.

I knocked 0.5 m off the height because Tom's hands were outstretched.
3.0734-0.5= 2.5734 m

(sqrt((2 * 2.5734)/9.81)) * 9.81= 7.765 m/s.

0.5 seconds. Works, that's how long Spidey took to stop it (watchframebyframe link here, 2m 48.38s to 2m 48.88 s).

Deceleration: (0-7.105639169/0.5)= -14.211278338 m/s^2

Force= mass * acceleration, can't have a negative value here, so...

Force= 28000 * 14.211278338= 397915.793464 N or 40576.11859960419 kgf (Class 50)

Have any other noteworthy feats been found? If not, I assume that John Walker tearing off Falcon's wings would remain the best LS feat left to calc, considering it scales directly to super soldier tiers and it seems like it would get promising results, between the high tensile strength that I'm pretty sure carbon fiber has, and the high results that tearing feats seem to get in general.

The Lizard's door tearing feat is likely less useful in comparison, considering Spider-Man shouldn't fully scale. He probably should be comparable enough to downscale from it to some degree though.

Have any other noteworthy feats been found? If not, I assume that John Walker tearing off Falcon's wings would remain the best LS feat left to calc, considering it scales directly to super soldier tiers and it seems like it would get promising results, between the high tensile strength that I'm pretty sure carbon fiber has, and the high results that tearing feats seem to get in general.
A quick google search says carbon fiber has a tensile strenght of 3.5 GPa (which i'm not sure about the legitimacy of but it would make the result quite bonkers)
The Lizard's door tearing feat is likely less useful in comparison, considering Spider-Man shouldn't fully scale. He probably should be comparable enough to downscale from it to some degree though.
Spidey would probably have something like an At Most rating via scaling to the Lizard

A quick google search says carbon fiber has a tensile strenght of 3.5 GPa (which i'm not sure about the legitimacy of but it would make the result quite bonkers)
Interesting. I'm not sure how complicated calcing tearing the wings would be (I am not aware of any official measurements given for the wings, so I'd imagine pixel scaling would probably be required), but at least the results shouldn't disappoint.
Spidey would probably have something like an At Most rating via scaling to the Lizard
That would work.

You could try pixel-scaling the thickness of the wings and the width, then multiply the thickness and width to get the area affected, then it's just a matter of applying the tensile strength of carbon fibre, 3.5 GPa (Indeed bonkers).

Good feat for Raimi Spidey tho, he certainly seemed to have a much easier time getting Lizard off of him.

Tearing feats are usually high but I'd also call them inconsis. Especially when it's possible to get Class K and Class M ratings with them which just doesn't make sense compared to everything else.
Thing is tho, Garfield Spidey shouldn't be scaling to Lizard's full power anyway, he was getting consistently overpowered and had to use webs to win.

I agree, but my statement was about the Falcon thing not the lizards feat
Ah

Well, good thing is the wing is thin, and the width isn't particularly big.

Get the area of the part where it connects, multiply the value and see where we come to. I need some clear shots of that fight scene tho, I deleted my Falcon and Winter Soldier episodes months ago.

Last edited:
Captain Carter could also push back the tentacles of the Champion of Hydra (though I'm note sure how someone would calc that). Also worth noting that the Champion could pin the Hydra Stomper against a wall, which earlier demonstrated the ability to flip over a tank with one arm (granted, the tank feat was with a far better power source, though I'm not sure how much that would impact the capabilities of its physical strength. It's energy based attacks should certainly be impacted though.) It also has some AP feats that seem worth noting, such as doing this, and damaging the Hydra Stomper, considering that survived being at the center of this.

Calced the wing tearing
I just assumed 10% of the wings are the actual carbon fiber stuff which might be too much of a lowball since they appear to be decently thick, thoughts?
You screwed up on the area.

It would actually be the affected area times two, since two copies of the same area were affected.

Also I think we can pump up the hollowness by about 95% (AKA only 5% solid, since the outer housing seems to be metallic and the connecting part isn't really that thick (It's the wings that are the most packed), sort of. So, half-steel, half carbon-fibe, maybe for that 5% solid portion? I'll cook up something, gimme a moment.

You screwed up on the area.

It would actually be the affected area times two, since two copies of the same area were affected.

Also I think we can pump up the hollowness by about 95% (AKA only 5% solid, since the outer housing seems to be metallic and the connecting part isn't really that thick (It's the wings that are the most packed), sort of. So, half-steel, half carbon-fibe, maybe for that 5% solid portion? I'll cook up something, gimme a moment.
Actually, the connecting rod that we see after the wings are torn off is mostly steel, so maybe the wing portion itself was carbon fiber all along? It's definitely not fibers alone, since that would be thread-like and that has 4.6 GPa worth of tensile strength. Maybe laminated is a better bet.

Back