• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm assuming this may have come up before, but I'll ask anyway - what about Captain America pulling a Helicopter? Would that not be usable for his lifting strength?
Oh it totally is, but its a Class 5 feat and last time it was proposed for a change there was pushback.

The writers (and most of the audience) probably found that really impressive by rule of cool, but it's honestly really weak compared to like many of his other feats considering how much he struggled to pull the helicopter.

The part where he pulled down the helicopter in mid-air without an anchor didn't make sense too.

I do still think that super soldiers should scale to Spider-Man in AP and LS, considering that Captain America could match Spider-Man's pulling strength, and caused him pain with a kick. Iron Man's Mark 46 armor could also restrain Spider-Man as well.

Also, there's of course Stark's opinion on Spider-Man's fight with Cap.

I think it is important to get that Far From Home bell tower feat calced, considering it is a pretty significant LS feat. The Comic Vine calc might be a good foundation for a calc, though the provided measurements for the tower section (8.65x8.65x34.6 meters) are apparently too large, giving final results that are too high. It seems worth mentioning that someone on the second page of that thread used pixel scaling (closer look here) based on the full tower's known height of 40 meters (130 feet) to determine the dimensions of the falling section are apparently 5x5x28 meters, and that the mass would supposedly be closer to 250 tons.

The writers (and most of the audience) probably found that really impressive by rule of cool, but it's honestly really weak compared to like many of his other feats considering how much he struggled to pull the helicopter.

The part where he pulled down the helicopter in mid-air without an anchor didn't make sense too.
Anyone tried this method?

I do still think that super soldiers should scale to Spider-Man in AP and LS, considering that Captain America could match Spider-Man's pulling strength, and caused him pain with a kick. Iron Man's Mark 46 armor could also restrain Spider-Man as well.

Also, there's of course Stark's opinion on Spider-Man's fight with Cap.

I think it is important to get that Far From Home bell tower feat calced, considering it is a pretty significant LS feat. The Comic Vine calc might be a good foundation for a calc, though the provided measurements for the tower section (8.65x8.65x34.6 meters) are apparently too large, giving final results that are too high. It seems worth mentioning that someone on the second page of that thread used pixel scaling (closer look here) based on the full tower's known height of 40 meters (130 feet) to determine the dimensions of the falling section are apparently 5x5x28 meters, and that the mass would supposedly be closer to 250 tons.
It was me, I determined the pixel-scaling without posting pictures, but currently it's being a royal pain in the ass right now since there's no good picture to use of the tower.

Google Maps is being an ass about it too.

Last edited:
I do still think that super soldiers should scale to Spider-Man in AP and
But Spider-Man in Civil War is still a freshmen or sophomore. By NWH and FFH he's not only much older but significantly more experienced.

I just feel like it's really weird to scale Spider-Man in an older incarnation or going 100% to Cap's lifting strength. Especially when Spider-Man's feats absolutely blows Captain America's showings out of the water in regards to that area.

But Spider-Man in Civil War is still a freshmen or sophomore. By NWH and FFH he's not only much older but significantly more experienced.
Still didn't stop him from getting absolutely wrecked by Mysterio and Green Goblin. Clearly shows he still has a long way to go.

I just feel like it's really weird to scale Spider-Man in an older incarnation or going 100% to Cap's lifting strength. Especially when Spider-Man's feats absolutely blows Captain America's showings out of the water in regards to that area.

Maybe he would have the upper hand over Captain America if he fought him in No Way Home, but there's no evidence he grew overwhelmingly stronger physically. Cap did utilise his superior skill and experience in Civil War, but skill only gets you so far, Cap straight up matches him in physical power in many moments in that fight. He has to be at least in the same ballpark of strength to fight like that (and win), if not equal.

It's not like Captain America severely contradicts Spider-Man's showings too, he has a bunch of 9-A feats that he doesn't struggle immensely to perform, and I think KLOL is going to recalculate the Quicksilver punch to be 8-C instead of an outlier since it was a Hawkeye arrow rather than a bullet. Most of his weaker feats are pre-2014 when he used guns and parachutes in combat, which he no longer does after his power level was sort of semi-retconned. LS wise Cap's not a slouch in that department either, he does have his feats in the double digit tonne range. In Civil War he chose to drop a jet bridge on a ******* kid after fighting him and knowing his strength to be equal to his, which shows he believes him and Spidey both to be capable of lifting a jet bridge without dying.

If the bell tower feat does end up being Class K or something then it might be fair to raise questions on that being an outlier though.

Maybe he would have the upper hand over Captain America if he fought him in No Way Home, but there's no evidence he grew overwhelmingly stronger physically. Cap did utilise his superior skill and experience in Civil War, but skill only gets you so far, Cap straight up matches him in physical power in many moments in that fight. He has to be at least in the same ballpark of strength to fight like that (and win), if not equal.

It's not like Captain America severely contradicts Spider-Man's showings too, he has a bunch of 9-A feats that he doesn't struggle immensely to perform, and I think KLOL is going to recalculate the Quicksilver punch to be 8-C instead of an outlier since it was a Hawkeye arrow rather than a bullet. Most of his weaker feats are pre-2014 when he used guns and parachutes in combat, which he no longer does after his power level was sort of semi-retconned. LS wise Cap's not a slouch in that department either, he does have his feats in the double digit tonne range. In Civil War he chose to drop a jet bridge on a ******* kid after fighting him and knowing his strength to be equal to his, which shows he believes him and Spidey both to be capable of lifting a jet bridge without dying.

If the bell tower feat does end up being Class K or something then it might be fair to raise questions on that being an outlier though.
To be fair, that Class K feat would be Spider-Man's absolute peak, it should in no way scale to his usual showings, since the tower eventually exhausted and overpowered him.

Finally found a proper picture and Google Maps measurement.

Tower width is 5.2 meters and height pulled is around 28.8 m. Will post results shortly. 5.2 m width finally matches with the tower.

Last edited:
Still didn't stop him from getting absolutely wrecked by Mysterio
With illusions. Captain America dies if you swap him with Spider-Man for those fights.

Green Goblin
Who also stomps Cap. GG also hurts that point. He outright tells Spider-Man that he's holding back and weak because of morality. Why would he go all out on Cap?

I agree he's comparable AP wise, even if he is weaker overall.i just don't agree with him scaling to Spider-Man LS. We don't scale WW to Superman's lifting strength for similar reasons (or for Marvel Thor and Hulk), despite them having matching AP.

With illusions. Captain America dies if you swap him with Spider-Man for those fights.
Piercing damage stonks.

Who also stomps Cap. GG also hurts that point. He outright tells Spider-Man that he's holding back and weak because of morality. Why would he go all out on Cap?
Green Goblin's kinda a cut above the rest. Compared to most of the MCU's street tiers, he's an absolute monster.

I agree he's comparable AP wise, even if he is weaker overall. I just don't agree with him scaling to Spider-Man LS. We don't scale WW to Superman's lifting strength for similar reasons (or for Marvel Thor and Hulk), despite them having matching AP.
Spider-Man still isn't scaling to Class K normally even if the calc is accepted, we're gonna need other feats for him.

Civil War he chose to drop a jet bridge on a ******* kid after fighting him and knowing his strength to be equal to his, which shows he believes him and Spidey both to be capable of lifting a jet bridge without dying.
That's a massive assumption without backing. Captain America in the same movie needed to go all out stopping the Helicopter from taking off and none of the super soldiers have a close showing to the jet bridge without AOS scaling.

If he could hold 25 to 50 tons he also wouldn't struggle with holding the car in AoU or would have clearer showings of extreme strength like with Ultimate Cap.

Spider-Man still isn't scaling to Class K normally even if the calc is accepted,
It would be either the jet bridge, calculating him deadstopping the van, the Homecoming feat where he moves rubble off himself or scaling to Tobey Spider-Man.

That's a massive assumption without backing. Captain America in the same movie needed to go all out stopping the Helicopter from taking off and none of the super soldiers have a close showing to the jet bridge without AOS scaling.

If he could hold 25 to 50 tons he also wouldn't struggle with holding the car in AoU or would have clearer showings of extreme strength like with Ultimate Cap.

It would be either the jet bridge, calculating him deadstopping the van, the Homecoming feat where he moves rubble off himself or scaling to Tobey Spider-Man.
AFAIK the rubble part only nailed him Class 10. Lost the calc tho. Any clues on the jet bridge? Or calcing the deceleration of the van to calculate the... oh shit, that's his leg strength.

I know Gubz did a video on it that was notable enough for Holland to mention in a interview.
Can you link me to both the instances? The Gubz video and the interview?

Still would scale to him, just makes Cap scaling iffy.
The van deceleration might wield Class 5 to Class 10 depending on how long it took to stop the car and what van he was stopping, since F= ma. And deceleration is basically (Final speed-Initial Speed)/time. But still nowhere near the tower feat.

Also we should try calculating the upscaled rhinos that BP stopped, BP is comparable to Cap and Bucky after all. Been saying that forever now, someone needs to calc the rhinos.

Last edited:
He wouldn't really scale to the full explosion. The explosion was triggered by Iron Man burning dozens of explosives and crates of ammunition. He also started to fly before everything blew up.

I'll try to find the individual interview later on when I'm not limited to a phone.
Okay so I viewed the car stopping video, it takes Pete from 15.25 s to 16.3 s to fully stop it, that's 1.05 seconds.

40 mph to a halt, deceleration after dumping the values here nails me -17.03 m/s^2.

3000 lbs in Tony's words, but I will try checking the make and model of the car for extra info. (EDIT: Model is a VW Polo Mk4, it should only weigh that much if fully loaded, otherwise normally it is 2156 lbs)

Plugging the deceleration value as positive and the mass of the car in lbs here and you get 23174 N or 2363.0904 kgf (Class 5).

Sorta underwhelming.

Last edited:
The distance travelled after impact actually refers to how much the bridge sags after it comes into contact with Spider-Man since that would be how much he decelerated the bridge, instead of how much the bridge bounces back up (Spider-Man would be super strong if that happened), so that part of the video of the jet bridge overestimated the impact force.

Bridge fell 3.0734 m and weighs 27 000 kg as Gubz said. Although when Spider-Man caught it at first, his arms were outstretched, so let's knock half a meter off that and make it 2.5 m. When something falls 3.0734 from rest it gains a speed of 7 m/s. Tom brought that to a rest in, around half a second?

7/0.5*27000/9.81 = 38.5 tonnes of force

Last edited:
Still didn't stop him from getting absolutely wrecked by Mysterio and Green Goblin. Clearly shows he still has a long way to go.
Ehhhhh, context matters a lot there. Mysterio relied on illusions at a time where Peter's Spider Senses weren't at their best during the first fight (along with Parker being emotional vulnerable at the time) and Goblin was practically beating on a guy who didn't wanna fight back. Peter pretty much styled on Bucky and Falcon at the same time with his overall performance in Berlin impressing Iron Man, the skill level has been set from the start

Last edited:
Would it be worth calcing the Lizard's steel door tearing feat mentioned on his profile? While Spider-Man isn't quite as strong as him, this scene makes it seem like they should still be comparable in LS, considering Spider-Man was able to push him back from scratching at him for a while, forcing the Lizard to extend his claws to do so.

Oh, or what about John Walker tearing off Falcon's carbon fiber wings?

Last edited:
Would it be worth calcing the Lizard's steel door tearing feat mentioned on his profile? While Spider-Man isn't quite as strong as him, this scene makes it seem like they should still be comparable in LS, considering Spider-Man was able to push him back from scratching at him for a while, forcing the Lizard to extend his claws to do so.
Spidey got slowly overpowered here tho, resorting to diverting the claws and proceeding to punch.

Oh, or what about John Walker tearing off Falcon's carbon fiber wings?
This one's good.

Also Raimi Spidey's profile should have this added for his cable car feat. An empty one weighs 22125 lbs empty (10.035731 metric tons), upto 41525 lbs when fully loaded (18.835423 metric tons). Now the cable car wasn't fully loaded, but there were a lot of kids in there which would easily bump up beyond the 11 metric ton mark.

When something falls 3.0734 from rest it gains a speed of 7 m/s. Tom brought that to a rest in, around half a second?
How do you figure out speed given height and acceleration? I'd like to know the formula.

EDIT: NVM, I figured it out. It's (sqrt((2 * height)/acceleration)) * acceleration

BTW, (sqrt((2 * 3.0734)/9.81)) * 9.81= 7.765 m/s.

0.5 seconds. Works, that's how long Spidey took to stop it (watchframebyframe link here, 2m 48.38s to 2m 48.88 s).

Deceleration: (0-7.765/0.5)= -15.53 m/s^2

Force= mass * acceleration, can't have a negative value here, so...

Force= 28000 * 15.53= 434840 N or 44341.3398 kgf (Class 50)

Even more impressive is the fact that he was lifting the entire thing from the other side of the bridge because it detached from the building.

Last edited:
Back