• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmics Upgrade (Including Sentry and Statement Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that 2-A ratings would be way too far above Doctor Doom's and Captain Britain's regularly displayed and official power levels, so we have to consider a few indications of this as massive outliers. Sorry.

I am still fine with if you wish to upgrade the Sentry in a professional manner though, but only with the feats and statements that I accepted.

You should ask Matthew and Sera to comment here though.

On second though, please repeat the Captain Britain 2-A feats, just to make certain.

That is possible, but for the sake of convenience, I would appreciate an easily understood organised summary list.

I really am not sure about the Sentry feats at all. Maybe you can make him 4B, potentially higher. Even Sentry at his strongest and with a healthy amp got beaten by the combined power of Thor and the Wasp. And was struggling with the former individually.

The only time Sentry comes close to tier 2 is when fighting against magic. Like in Dr Strange God of Magic arc. That's the closest he will ever be to Tier 2.

The rest? No.

Because none of his other feats comes close to tier 2?

The best we have got are a few statements. In terms of actual feats, I think he is perfectly fine where he is at. Maybe increase the durability against magic... But that's it.

If they had developed on the statements, then MAYBE. but they didn't. And most of the statements comes form Jenkins' run.

And since most writers don't really get him and then ending up giving him trashy feats. For example, this week's Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda #2.

They did expand on the statements, have you seen some of the feats shown in the OP? It's very blatant, and I already went in-depth my guy, just saying they aren't tier 2 isn't really a rebuttal.

He was unstable as shit in that comic, according to both Zub and the Comic itself, despite being merged with the Void, pretty sad they did that.

Nazarmf said:
Because none of his other feats comes close to tier 2?

The best we have got are a few statements. In terms of actual feats, I think he is perfectly fine where he is at. Maybe increase the durability against magic... But that's it.

If they had developed on the statements, then MAYBE. but they didn't. And most of the statements comes form Jenkins' run.

And since most writers don't really get him and then ending up giving him trashy feats. For example, this week's Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda #2.
Statements are enough to get an upgrade

I am not sure in either direction. The Sentry may be too inconsistently portrayed to be upgraded.

Yes, because he is quite literally mentally unstable and that is why we are making 2 seperate keys.

He

Holds

Back

Nearly

Every

Time

Or his powers differ depending on mental stability, it is basically both, hence the different keys.

Which is mischaracterisation and not getting the character correct. I read the comic like five times so far and i am disappointed lol.

Unstable Sentry/Void is regularly solar system level. Whole Sentry is potentially a little higher. But not by much.

And the feats you have posted for the Sentry are nowhere near Tier 2. Doom's shields are rather useless since they are magic. Sentry is known for being pretty anti magic. As I mentioned earlier, the best feat he has is fighting the God of Magic Strange and Loki (who is the God of Stories).

For the Doom feats: We all know how Doom works with prep better. And since he didn't know the Sentry or what he was capable of, he couldn't have prepared for him.

Next: You are going by What If statements. Can he destroy the universe? Maybe so but it will take him a very, very, very long time. And that means he won't have any resistance. This feat drops in the same field as King Hyperion basically owning everyone in his universe.

Absorbing Man feat... Yeah, that's a great feat.

Again, statements. One is from Karla. And the other is from Tony. I would take Tony's a little seriously but Karla doesn't really have that much of a credibility in this case. As for Tony's statement... Yeah, he might do something insane but HoM SW was multiversal. And iirc, she had absorbed the life force? Now, does Tony even know the full extent of HoM Wanda? And what she truly did?

Imo, he is just comparing that it could get pretty ugly.

The Wolverine statement... I don't think he is that credible in this case either. It's also an exxageration.

Rogue said met. Sure, Sentry is powerful. But this isn't anything more than an exxgeration/hyperbole.

I am by no means saying the Sentry is weak. But he doesn't have solid feats (not statements from Wolverine and Rogue and Karla) to put him at galaxy tier, let alone Tier 2.

Antvasima said:
I am not sure in either direction. The Sentry may be too inconsistently portrayed to be upgraded.
Agreed. I have read every appearance of him at least five times (I am not even kidding lol) and he is extremely inconsistent. Yes, his unstable mind plays a huge role in this but that's not enough to say he isn't inconsistent. He was the most consistent in Bendis Era.

Hykuu said:
Yes, because he is quite literally mentally unstable and that is why we are making 2 seperate keys.
He

Holds

Back

Nearly

Every

Time

Or his powers differ depending on mental stability, it is basically both, hence the different keys.
Yes, I know that he holds back every time. That's the entire purpose of the character (which is why I have a lot of problems with his portarayal in the World War Hulk storyline). But his feats are inconsistent (as I mentioned before, yes, his mental illnesses plays a role in it).

LordWhis said:
The most stable version of sentry ever with an amp on top couldn't 1v2 Thor and the Wasp.
Actually, the most stable version of the character is the Whole Sentry who appeared in Lemire's run.

LordWhis said:
The most stable version of sentry ever with an amp on top couldn't 1v2 Thor and the Wasp.
He beat the shit out of Thor (3/4 Times) and The Wasp thing is obviously an Outlier?

@Nazamrf I am a bit confused, in your comment you said you misread the OP, what is this exactly in reference to? The OP for the Thread, another one, did you change your mind on sentry or what?

Celestial Judge said:
Statements are enough to get an upgrade
Which are mostly around universal level at best. Not counting the HoM comparisson or the what Wolvie/Rogue says in an exxagerated manner.

As for the destroying universe statements... We see those way too often. And I don't know why we still take those seriously (For some characters, it makes sense. But not for other characters like the Sentry)

He beat the shit out of Thor (3/4 Times) and The Wasp thing is obviously an Outlier?

@Nazamrf I am a bit confused, in your comment you said you misread the OP, what is this exactly in reference to? The OP for the Thread, another one, did you change your mind on sentry or what?

Thor's attacks were deforming his body, his regen was saving him not his dura.

And why is it obviously an outlier ?

My bad, I didn't see this comment.

Yes, that would be the case when it entirely depends on stability, sure, they can be solar system level, but that just goes back to the original point. Merged Sentry is still unstable, he was in the process of Understanding himself and Zub literally stated his stability still goes up and down.

Wait what? Where was it ever shown his own Forcefields within his armor are Magic? Also, it's quite literally never said Sentry just negs magic, if anything, it's pretty much a showing of power seeing how easily he walked through Supreme God of Stories Loki, Strange feared him aswell, even with the amp. Loki even notes a few issues earlier the power he was feeling behind the Gate being immense. Also, he was literally restrained by that forcefield before, and the spirit reversal spell still worked on him, if he can neg 2-A levels of magic, I honestly doubt a spell THAT much weaker would just work because "unstable lol."

Doom with Prep is better, of course, but his Forcefields don't change in power.

Yes, but he was still going to consume Watchers, Gods, Heroes, etc. without any sort of Help, and wether it was overtime or not is irrelevant, same with it being a what If, it didn't take place in 616, sure, but statements of "X can do Y" also don't always take place yet are still used, And it's meant to showcase how a full power Void can casually do feats like this.

Yea, pretty great feat, and it's been repeated like 3 times.

Karla directly stated she warped all reality beforehand, and Tony should be more than aware, since he quite literally took part in taking down Wanda in other issues and was there when Strange explained the event and extent of her powers.

Yes, but that's still a feat, pretty ugly on THAT scale? pretty useful.

He isn't credible sure, but the Narrator is.

That would still put him on the levels of atleast higher tier 2-A Mutants like Legion, regardless if he wasn't actually the strongest she's encountered, like she makes it pretty clear her fear was justified, and she saw his power first hand. I don't see a reason to disregard the statement.

By the way, my Premise isn't that he isn't Inconsistent as a whole, I completely agree he is, rather, his peak stability has been getting lots of 2-A shit to support it, and no anti feats as far as I know.

I am sorry if you feel disappointed with this thread, I just called it as I see it, I understand the frustration seeing one of your, if not your favorite character being, in a lack of better word, wanked in the CRT. If I am misunderstanding the Implications of your comment, I also apologize.

Anyways, I have to sleep for now. I think it's best that we wait for staff input aswell, apparently Kep is starting to respond on comic threads aswell, POTM has dipped to God knows where.

I meant to say the comment about Dathseed getting owned by Thor and Wasp. Not the original original post

Hykuu said:
Also, it's quite literally never said Sentry just negs magic,
Not exactly negation like Kamijou Touma, for example (my wording in the original comment was a little off). But extremely resistant to magic. As I mentioned before, his magical durability should be increased. But for the others... Still very very unsure.

@Whis yes, but did Sentry have killing Intent at all? he literally percieved himself as the protector of the earth at that point. We have seen what a pissed off killing intent Void sentry can do in siege.

@Naz Okay, well, Instead of responding to my comment, I think its best we wait for knowledgable member input. Otherwise it seems like wasting time, again, Sorry if you percieve this as an Inconvience.

Hykuu said:
@Naz Okay, well, Instead of responding to my comment, I think its best we wait for knowledgable member input. Otherwise it seems like wasting time, again, Sorry if you percieve this as an Inconvience.
Nah, I am perfectly fine with that. I will check the rest of the thread tomorrow morning.

I think that Nazarmf makes sense, and that multiversal ratings for either The Sentry or Doom seems extremely exaggerated compared to their regular portrayals. Sorry.

If Kepekley or PrinceOfTheMorning do not help us out soon, I think that we should close this thread.

"regular portrayls"

ant why do we think we established that Sentry holds back and is for the most part unstable, hence the 2 keys.

Following, but so far i agree with the proposals. Sentry has a ton of anti feats (aka everytime Thor hasn't been vaporized by an attack from him) but those can be mostly be chalked up to Sentry holding back/outliners right?

4 hours ago

I follow this thread and of course i agree to this

Edited by Maxnumb231 09:31, September 21, 2019

TimiusFate

Seem's logical i guess

09:38, September 21, 2019

Setsuna tenma

Seems fine.Doom also survived fighting the mad celestial so 2A forcefields is belivable

13:38, September 21, 2019

Following, but so far i agree with the proposals. Sentry has a ton of anti feats (aka everytime Thor hasn't been vaporized by an attack from him) but those can be mostly be chalked up to Sentry holding back/outliners right?

14:46, September 21, 2019

C2 of Omego

I say I agree with just about all of this. It's pretty straight forward and we defintely see that there is plenty of evidence.

Captain Britain doesn't really have low showings to contradict his upgrade. I mean, his showings have him fighting and holding his own against some of the more powerful beings/forces that run around the Marvel Multiverse.

I most certainly agree that Sentry is 2-A with hax, not physically. Also, any low showings for him are due to the fact that his power does go up and down even in-universe.

There you go, I could go on, but I won't, but I could, also me quoting that wasn't a matter of saying "everyone agrees with me", but Maxnumb saying I never said sentry's power varies and deserves different keys.

If anything, just increase his durability against magic (since he has a lot of resistance to - nearing immunity level).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back