• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmics Upgrade (Including Sentry and Statement Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immortalgodd said:
I mean verses like Tensei, Nasu, Ergen seems to require tons of proofs and context but Marvel gets a free pass.
You do have a point. The problem is that very few people combine thorough knowledge about Marvel with an unbiased rational evaluation ability regarding the setting, so that, combined with the extreme downright schizophrenic inconsistency, makes it very hard to properly evaluate and decide the statistics for, or for the staff to have the energy to constantly extensively argue against unreasonable and out of context upgrades.

LordTracer said:
@Hykuu I was responding to Nazarmf there, mate, not you.
I meant lordwhis, not you, lol

@Kasy

Roma is above Britian, sure, but they are still scaleable is all.

Sure, but she has the capability to do and still scales to it.

It manipulates the entire multiverse, as Merlyn has stated that all of life, on a omniversal scale, is just a chess game. And without the Chess game, the Multiverse would literally end.

They have done multiversal feats with it, and what? I am not saying the dude has the entire of the matrix at his disposal at all times, but that they can still channel relevant portions of it here, don't see what's trying to be acheived here.

Sure? But none of that had the same clear effect that Britian's punch did.

Okay, that's fine, so we have no reason to continue the argument if the conclusion remains the same

Hykuu said:
If I came off as harsh, that's fine, I just find it useless to completely clog the thread when none of this is going to get actually accepted or rejected without knowledgable members, would it be preferable if we contact Kep for the 3rd time?
This thread might just hit 500 comments at this rate with shit that doesn't matter, tbh

Refer to the comment above, if you can't comprehend that, good for you

Inb4 "lmaoo u wasted another comment"

Speaking of upgrades for many characters, can the tier justification be better written like being listed as blogs in the Marvel Comics page?

It is cumbersome to locate each feat for each tier of Marvel character just to bring out a number.

Whis, can you not put flamebait comments to incite drama? Kthxbye

Also we can like, get a part 2. Not preferable, but it isn't something worrisome tbh

Would you be willing to restart the thread with a summary in the beginning Zark?

I unfortunately haven't been able to recap on the latest developments of the thread, so I don't think I can properly do that.

I personally think that some other verses have faced much greater opposition and critical scrutiny than Marvel, due to remaining misguided upgrade-enthusiastic loyalty from some of its fans, who still cling to what the setting once were, rather than simply accept that it has turned into something far worse.

I am not getting someone else to 2-A or something, I am just showing more material, and making the entire thing far more comprehensive.

Okay. That is probably fine as long as you make it organised, easy to understand, and avoid out of context wild interpretations.

"it's BS"

Let's be real, is this the professional input we have waited for on a dead thread? Lol, I am making another thread, far more consice than "it's BS bro"

Do you really have to respond like this? It was just a starter post, just chill. The moment I get here you start talking of making an entirely new thread?

Yes, I do, because we needed something far more helpful than just "BS", and that's a terrible starting comment in either case, so that's barely a justification.

Did you even pay attention to the 2 comments right above you? It's been nearly a week and a hafl since that was my plan.

And? I came here and disagreed. A new thread will just move the goalpost. I know how these things go, I'm not dumb. new threads usually help to narrow down the amount of people replying / returning from the original thread making it easy for the tireless OP to brute force the exaggerated upgrades.

These suggestions should not go. They are ridiculous.

Okay, and that's a poor evaluation, that's not how you evaluate things like someone in your position should, you understand that, right? Also, LOL, Moving the Goalpost is shifting the requirment of evidence in order to fullfil the burden, going more indepth in another thread doesn't do that, on top of that, you realize there are lots of comments which simply clog up the thread for no reason.

Okay, and that statement simply shows you didn't understand I am not upgrading base Sentry, which is generally why everyone who disagreed with it did, hence the new thread, you can't really try and stop this by generalizing these statements on what a new thread is meant to achieve on me, not only is it pointless, but it also just makes you come off as a dick, let this thread die, and I will make another one, I am stopping here before any mod tells me to. See you in the next thread.

Again chill, mate. Don't descend into insults. And there's no need to force a threat again.

Taking The Sentry's statements about him being "the strongest" or whatever out of context is ridiculous, as is trying to force a 2-A rating to Odin when he has no direct feats anywhere near that level. Or even when you go and claim that a realm being called "pan-dimensional" means it's multiversal in size. Or how about using a scan where the Absorbing Man is unable to suck up the energy of a planet to claim Sentry is 2-A?

It's all crazy.

I didn't try and force a threat, I am just saying what you're trying to imply here is nearly as "crazy" as you trying to call out my sentry shit, we are on equal grounds here.

How is it out of context? What context is there that addresses it? Btw, the statements are barely even relevant as a whole, albeit they have been stated 3 to 4 times, and it only scales to character said people have encountered which caps at multiversal+.

Odin stuff is irrelevant, don't bring things from a thread I gave up on in this convo, as I said, it's pointless, and results in nothing. I might aswell bring up 2-A Parallax if we are on that track, lol.

Pan-dimensional relates to the Citadel sustaining the Multiverse and being a gateway to all realities, where all of magic is born and is housed, which obviously scales to 2-A, since destroying Otherworld is just another way to destroy the Multiverse, according to "Everything Burns."

Why would Sentry know Absorbing Man's full capabilities? Why would Absorbing Man mention not being able to absorb Sentry's power in the same page he has a cosmic cube absorbed, why is this literally consistent in all their encounters, and you do realize Sentry's million exploding suns thing vs a planet is just the same as Superman being faster than a speeding bullet, being the man of steel, lol. It doesn't apply a cap and simply is a description given by some mental deranged character which has been adapted across the years, due to golden age sentry using power from the sun.

Yes, it's pretty crazy how low these "debunks" can get.

@Hykuu: You do have a point about this thread getting rather long and being in desperate need of input, but instead of making a new one, why don't you compose a summary of the proposed changes that can easily be copy/pasted in the case of it becoming buried under arguments? If it still goes poorly and you end up having to make a new thread, then you can use that post as your template for the opening arguments. I don't currently believe in 2-A Odin either, but I'm willing to hear you out if I don't have to read through 350 posts and risk missing the point.

I concur ClassicNESfan. Ant has asked me to give more input and I want to. However, I've been out of the debate for so long that I'm scared that'll miss something crucial and not make an accurate judgement.

EDIT: I mean I do recall saying that I'd agreed to Cap Brit and Sentry being 2-A. Has soemthing changed?

Well with Excalibur alone Captain Britain defeated the Warmage, who absorbed the magic of Otherworld(Literally the source of magic in the marvel multiverse), the amulet of right, sword of might and was gonna to destroy otherworld (a Pan-dimension that existed outside dimensions and time and space, it was stated to be intersection between all realites, and hold the starlight citadel there which is a nexus)

Not to reignite an old and dying thread, but I just found a super interesting scan recently. Look at what Sue says here. So, Sentry breaking Doom's shields isn't that impressive.

Or maybe I am reading this completely wrong, then ignore me lol

Nazarmf said:
Not to reignite an old and dying thread, but I just found a super interesting scan recently. Look at what Sue says here. So, Sentry breaking Doom's shields isn't that impressive.

Or maybe I am reading this completely wrong, then ignore me lol
well not gona lie sue's sheilds themselves are pretty busted

since ya know they can wistand blast from galactus celestials ect.

@Nazarmf what's your point

anyways I will just make another thread whenever my interest reignites or i have the time

did he even discover Molecule manip at that point? Also, it was clearly physical, he literally flyed through that shit everytime

He discovered in Dark Avengers Vol.3 but that doesn't mean he didn't have it before that. It was at that time he learned that his main power was molecular manipulation. But that doesn't mean anything. It's still his main power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back