• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmics Upgrade (Including Sentry and Statement Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we assuming he resists magic, hence why he took the attacks from Loki and Strange? This is like saying everyone who tanks a energy blast has "durability against energy", or if I tank an explosion, "Durability against Explosions", the only magic we seem him actually resisting and taking over is Mind Magic, In Sentry 2000 Issue 7, But in Doctor Strange 2015 issue 382 - 385, we don't have a single statement where "Sentry resists magic", but rather, "Our magic can't do anything to him, he is too powerful"

I found this in Outskirts Battledome Wiki about Sentry if anyone is interested about it:

Destructive Capacity: At least universe level+ (creates a secondary timeline that overwrites the universe, effectively changing history with his presence alone; stated several times by Doctor Strange that he will end the universe), potentially multiversal+ (briefly contained a Cosmic Cube; overloaded Absorbing Ma, who could absorb Cosmic Cubes and a portion of Odin's power; harmed Cosmic Cube-powered Absorbing Man; defeated Molecule Ma after a long fight; said several times to have fought Galactus to a standstill; fought a holding back Photon Genis-Vell briefly; matched Blue Marvel; became the conduit for Doctor Strange's newfound power after absorbing the World Tree's power which holds endless universes in it) | At least universal+ (stated several times by Doctor Strange that he will end the universe; should be no weaker than his base form), potentially multiversal+ | At least universal+ (stated several times by Doctor Strange that he will end the universe; should be no weaker than his base form), potentially multiversal+ (rivaled his base form on numerous occasions; overpowered Sorcerer Supreme Loki, someone that could warp Asgard and its inhabitants like Hela, Odin , Beta Ray Bill, etc. into a bubble, and God of Magic Strange who is empowered by the World Tree) | At least universal+ (curbstomped Thor easily), possibly multiversal+ or higher (stopped the Celestial Exitar by pushing him away from the Earth; implied to be powered by the White Hot Room) | At least multiversal+, potentially far higher (maximum potential has been compared to House of M Wanda on numerous occasions)

Durability: At least universe level+ (can tank recreating the timeline; implied he would survive the universe's destruction; effortlessly defeats many Heralds), potentially multiversal+ (contained a Cosmic Cube; exchanged blows with Absorbing Man, Galactus, Blue Marvel, Molecule Man and a holding back Genis-Vell; endured all the energy from Doctor Strange being empowered by the World Tree) | At least universe level+, possibly multiversal+ | At least universal+, possibly multiversal+ (tanked attacks from God of Magic Strange and Sorcerer Supreme Loki) | At least universal+ (attacks from Thor did nothing to him), possibly multiversal+ or higher (implied to be empowered by the White Hot Room) | At least multiversal+, possibly far higher (maximum potential has been compared to House of M Wanda on numerous occasions)

Well, there are some good points in there. Perhaps The Sentry should be 2-A at his peak after all?

there are many good points for it all

there are ofcourse anti feats but then ageing stability of sentry is a big thing

I strongly disagree with this.

I thought I was the king of unreasonable power upgrades but even I couldn't have thought of something like this.

Grats

I'd see where you are coming from if I was upgrading unstable, buttttttttttttt

And I don't think you have any point at all, just saying you disagree, doesn't mean anything. That was just a useless comment from your side, which doesn't even contribute to the thread.

On a side note, if we are going to use random statements and What Ifs (and fights without knowing the conditions), shouldn't King Hyperion also get an upgrade to Tier 2? ƒñö

@Nazarmf Dude, he got slapped by Blue Marvel, 2 Hyperions, and was only a threat to everyone on earth with unknown conditions, meanwhile, we quite literally see the Void, who he beats, and the Watchers directly saying the Void will eventually reach them and stomp them.

@LordWhis Grats on proving you don't even understand what the key is directed towards, we are seperating Sentry to Unstable and Stable, he also holds back, even with the Deathseed, that factor still exists.

""Sentry is an absolute wild card," continues Zub. "His power and his stability are in flux and can remake reality, but he's not intentionally trying to hurt anyone, they're just a byproduct of his warped existence as Bob tries to find a balance between the forces inside him.""

Zub still thinks this Sentry is unstable

Sentry also didn't understand himself or his powers, stated twice, and didn't even want to fight, besides, yall are acting like those things would be even consistent at all.

hell, Zub even stated on twitter that Sentry got some of his void energy consumed and would be more stable next time.

Using that logic, Hulk and Juggernaut are both multiverses since they have been used as multiversal power sources.

Even if he was holding back- Pre-2018 Thor and Wasp's attacks were injuring him.

To be fair, Marvel is a completely incoherent and inconsistent mess in which anybody can fight anybody nowadays. The Wasp harming The Sentry is an example of that.

> Conditions.

Exactly! We don't know the conditions of What If #200. That's why I also cannot take the Tier 2 upgrade of Dr Manhattan seriously too.

Antvasima said:
To be fair, Marvel is a completely incoherent and inconsistent mess in which anybody can fight anybody nowadays. The Wasp harming The Sentry is an example of that.
The Sentry being 2A can be another example.

@Hykuu: We don't consider twitter statements of authors valid on this wiki otherwise Godzilla would be at least Tier 0.

@LordWhis

Agreed. If we go by statements, Paul Jenkins said that Sentry is beyond Beyonder

Also, comic statements aren't exactly trust worthy either (most of the exaggerated ones, at least). Sure, Stephen said that he can destroy the universe but he can say that statement about anyone. Even the Hulk. So... Hulk is also a multiversal?

"can destroy the universe"

"also a multiversal?"

I feel like there was a leap in logic somewhere here.

A that Rogue statement. She ia basically saying that Sentry is the most powerful ''unhinged'' person she knew. I don't think she considers the likes of Franklin under the categories of Unhinged. By her own statement Thor should also be above everyone because he killed Sentry. I mean most of these are statements no different than the likes of Hulk or Superman get.

@Whis

?????????????????

Can you tell me how this analogy even relates to sentry

And yes, black panther hurt surfer, what's your point? The Wasp would literally already prove this whole thing is an outlier.

@Naz for King Hyperion, it was off panel, for the Void, we literally know he physically stomped everyone, and the watcher statement

@Lord it's really stated in the ******* comic, dude

@Immortalggod she used and, a conjuction, so you can't make that correlation

sentry was never killed

I can'ttalk about the cube feat because there was some machine mentioned and I will not judge without context. About the absorbing Man feat Sentry himself claims that Creel could not even absorb the power of a single planet in that fight so you can't just assume that is a 2a feat. If we had some statements from the likes of Reed than yeah, we could give him the benefit of the doubt but we haven't. Norman's statement doesn't mean anything unless you believe Norman knows the extent of power Wanda had dosplayed during house of M. All we have is vague statements and a handbook for any reference.

That came from Sentry, who most likely just didn't know Absorbing Man's true capabilites, hell, we even see it stated that Creel couldn't absorb Sentry's powers In the SAME issue he absorbs a cube and fights Sentry with it.

It wasn't from Norman, It was from cap marvel, who literally stated that all reality was affected by her and experienced the thing first hand.

and the databook was made by Iron-man, who had an explanation of her powers first hand, explanation done by ************* strange.

If I came off as harsh, that's fine, I just find it useless to completely clog the thread when none of this is going to get actually accepted or rejected without knowledgable members, would it be preferable if we contact Kep for the 3rd time?

Nazarmf said:
@LordWhis

Agreed. If we go by statements, Paul Jenkins said that Sentry is beyond Beyonder

Also, comic statements aren't exactly trust worthy either (most of the exaggerated ones, at least). Sure, Stephen said that he can destroy the universe but he can say that statement about anyone. Even the Hulk. So... Hulk is also a multiversal?
This one. You asked if Hulk was also multiversal because he had a statement about being universal.

Also, what is this talk about 2A Odin? I saw the thread but it was using out of context scans to justify the tiering and nobody even bothered to find whether it was justified or not. They were just going "add atleast 2C or maybe 2A". I mean verses like tensei, Nasu, Ergen seems to require tons of proofs and comtext but Marvel gets a free pass.

Yeah I don't get the Odin/Thor/Gorr ranking either. Anyone want to help me out here?

Also, the Galactus feat from Sentry V1 is not that great. Galactus have some pretty bad showings when he is extremely weak. Since we don't know the conditions of the fight or Galactus, it's stupid to take it into consideration.

@Lord Tracer if he has showings then it will be nice but using out of context scans from loki(2004) to justify 2A and also the users just agreeing without any research by themselves just shows carelessness. I mean the admins don't have time to check for everything so they sometimes have to depend upon other users. If users show such carelessness then the wiki itself will be affected.

I don't know what's going to be in the thread, I'm not the one making it. I've got too many planned, plus my Phoenix revisions that are still ongoing, to deal with Odin myself.

@Hykuu: Everybody and their grandmother has been said to have multiversal potential, why not make the whole verse 2A ?

@immortalgod:

The easiest are DC and One Piece for any character not named Zoro. You can say whatever you want and get an upgrade.

Captain Britain should not be more powerful than Roma. Considering the fact She easily tanked and overpowered Mastermind, with the excaliber and amulet of right.

As I recalled unless it's been reconnected

^^^^Roma let the Matrix energy collapse. A long time ago

1. Roma also does not rely on the Matrix energy like that. She actually uses her own magic just about all the time. She is still consistently above.

2. The chessboard only allows the guardians to watch over the multiverse and manipulate events. It's not a applicable power

3. Literally the entire Captain Britain Corps use the Matrix energy, but it's not enough to make them multiversal. This what Captain B looks like energy a lot of Matrix energy 1 2 He was not able to hold the power in long because. Meggan had to absorb and use it to the destroy the tower, which houses the matrix energy.

4. Japsers was toying around that entire. Roma human assistant with a blaster, the captain B corps, blink, and other was also hitting him.

5. I agree that Captain B should be upgraded with Excaliber and Amulet of the Right. It had the power to split the multiversal and destroy a pan dimension, which includes a Nexus. Keep it mind it was created by Merlyn and That's Roma equal.

Good point. Creel was not portrayed as very powerful in that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back