• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Thor Shaking the Realms of the World Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think those characters should be 3-C, it honestly sounds like keeping 3-C scaling for Thor to boost other characters statistics sets a bad precedent. I think some downgrades are in-order.
Maybe, but given that many of them are regular Thor enemies, we would have to scale those characters to 2-C instead in that case, even Ulik, so we need a certain amount of flexibility in that regard for practical reasons.

Also, again, Thor's usually fighting against enemies far below his weight class is usually canonically explained in-story by him greatly "holding back his full power" against them.

For Doctor Doom's low-end prep and it being buffed to 2-C at the low-end (since the high-end is 2-A), here is a list of his low-end prep and how most of it (if not all of it) scales to characters who will likely be 2-C if this CRT passes.

1. Doom possesses a small army of Doombots powered by an artificial emulation of the Power Cosmic comparable to the real thing. - Scales to 2-C Silver Surfer
From which comic book is this? Also, just because they channelled the power cosmic, this does not mean that they were remotely equal in raw power to the Silver Surfer any more than the Silver Surfer is equal to Galactus.
2. Can cut through Hulk's skull with an adamantium chainsaw to perform brain surgery - A weird feat but one that would scale to Hulk if Hulk gets the 2-C buff
Hulk will definitely keep his variable tier, given that it is canonical.
3. He can recreate the Destroyer by draining the Odinforce from a bunch of Asgardians. - Scales to 2-C Destroyer, supported by it initially stomping Thor and later matching him.
This might work, yes. In case Thor was not holding back.
4. Can artificially emulate the Power Cosmic - Scales to 2-C Silver Surfer
You need to provide a story issue reference for this as well, and also link to images in a way so they can be viewed by simply clicking on them from another site, and Fandom has defences against doing so. Imgur would probably work better in this regard.
Not to mention, he somewhat matched a pissed Thor for a while, withstood an assault from a robot Hulk infused with the Power Cosmic and took hits from Hulk and Sentry, so there is a case for his armor's normal durability going up to 2-C.
It seems like everybody can fight everybody outliers to me. My apologies.

• Thor moves the world engine | 2-C | Thor #494 (1995)
Yes.
  • Hyperion tanks two universes | 2-C | Avengers (2013) #4
Yes.
  • Hulk rips the undying ones dimension | Low 2-C | The incredible Hulk Vol 1 #126
If that is the Dark-Crawler feat, yes I suppose so.
  • two thors strength is comparable or superior to the big bang | 3-A | Thor (1991) #438
An image-link would be appreciated.
  • And shatters Yggdrasils root | 2-C | Thor: Man of war
Probably yes.
  • Thor Shakes the fabric of infinity | Low 2-C | Thor (1966) #432
It could just be High 3-A, given how vague the statement is.
  • Thor tanks an explosion that rivalled the Big Bang and destroyed the black galaxy | 3-A - High 3-A | Thor (1966) #424
To me that seemed like hyperbole for a 3-C feat.
  • Hulk causing earthquakes on infinite planets | High 3-A | dont know ngl
Yes.
  • Hulk having his power level measured as infinite | High 3-A | Secret Wars II #8
Yes.
  • Beta Ray Bill and stardust shake the universe | High 3-A | Stormbreaker: The saga of Beta Ray Bill #3 & #4
Uncertain. The Marvel Universe is recurrently portrayed as finite in size as well.
  • Thor tanks the unbinding stone | possibly High 3-A Low 2-C | Thor: The deviants saga #5
Isn't that just resistance to existence erasure? Please explain further.
  • Hulk destroys a universe fighting Onslaught | High 3-A | Hulk: Grand Design - Madness #1
No. That is not what happened in the original Onslaught storyline. It seems like an unreliable retelling intended to make fun of overenthusiastic fans of the character.
  • Hercules lifts the heavens | High 3-A | Incredible Hercules (2008) #121
Yes. That is likely also fine to use.

I don't know if this is useful, a feat of Thanos holding in his body [imgur.com/a/JrVlYVZ] an energy that consumed the universe [imgur.com/a/6UfPKkG]. After he releases it, everything is restored. Scans from Avengers Celestial Quest #8, but reading the entire comic may is needed for further context.
Can you provide working image links please? I cannot use them.

I definitely think “3-C up to 2-C” would work, hyperion has 2-C durability, thor showed 2 9 realm destroying feats and other feats back that up.

After all, that CRT would be just telling people that 2-C isnt something the heralds cant reach

The main problem is, who is scaling to 3-C and who is scaling to 2-C.
Yes, that seems to be the main problem here. Insightful constructive input would be very appreciated.

Here are some lists of Marvel Comics pages with different tiers that may be useful for finding the pages that you are looking for much more easily:

Last edited:
Thor
Hulk
Hyperion
Possibly Gladiator at peak (confidence issues)
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Galactus
Sentry
And possibly Dr Doom

Most characters we mentioned have 3-C scaling already
So 3-C is still gonna be a thing in the other profiles you didn't mentioned like for example Godzilla?

I'm asking to Excel616 if Godzilla still scales to Hercules 3-C key.
Yes, he scales to 3-C Hercules key because the only herald characters who will be 2-C are characters with their own Universal feat, characters with canon varies mechanism like Hulk's anger, Sentry's mental state and possibly Kallark's confidence and High herald characters like Thanos and Galactus.

Last edited:
Probably, the dude consistently stomps Thor.

Ngl, I kinda want to return Ultron's All-Father Ultron Key so that we have a 2-A Ultron.
This makes me sad, because so many of the characters that beat on Thor on Earth and in crossover comics would get absolutely merked if the writers remembered Thor's abilities. There's no way that Ultron or Sentry are getting up after a Godblast

A little bit unrelated but I'll ask this here since we're talking about Thor

Old King Thor is listed as 3-A in every key but some sections are rated at Tier 2 or 1, what is the correct Tier for him ? I believe there is a editing mistake on his profile
He was downgraded to be 3-A / Universe level. I guess I didn't actually finish editing him before Ant locked his page 💀

A little bit unrelated but I'll ask this here since we're talking about Thor

Old King Thor is listed as 3-A in every key but some sections are rated at Tier 2 or 1, what is the correct Tier for him ? I believe there is a editing mistake on his profile
Old King Thor's page is a mess. He's supposedly so close to Thor-616's timeline that he would be erased if younger Thor died, but he apparently doesn't scale to the Odinforce or the universal Phoenix Force because...his timeline is too different?

Old King Thor's page is a mess. He's supposedly so close to Thor-616's timeline that he would be erased if younger Thor died, but he apparently doesn't scale to the Odinforce or the universal Phoenix Force because...his timeline is too different?
He doesn't scale to Phoenix Force's 2-A/Low 1-C because of the Phoenix Force revision, where only a few hosts are at that level

And he doesn't scale to the 2-A Odinforce because Confluctor

Didn't Logan have the full power of the Phoenix Force
If there is a statement about that, I can't find it. I did find Logan saying that the PF only chose him as an avatar because it had no other choice and they were never exactly friends
and kill Celestials, though?
Wasn't that Ego the Necroworld?
That's absurd, but like @Lightning_XXI said we should save it for another thread.
Yeah, never really fully agreed with him either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back