• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Odin AP Revision

I have no clue, maybe we can scale him to Gorr's universe merging? Idk
If Gorr merged universes, "At least 2-C" seems like reasonable tiering, yes, but can somebody link to scans for it please?

Wouldn't it be better to just give them the same tiering as Odin? Or at least Odin's upper level.
We already went through this. It's alt reality and cross continuity scaling for them don't work them same as it does for verse constants like PF
Okay. No problem. Please elaborate regarding their greatest feats, so we can scale from that instead.
I have no clue, maybe we can scale him to Gorr's universe merging? Idk
If Gorr merged universes, "At least 2-C" seems like reasonable tiering, yes, but can somebody link to scans for it please?
I don't have the scans on me, I am afraid, so no idea what to do about their tiering rn
@Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @Ehnkr2beboh @Deagonx @Elizio33 @LordTracer @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Armorchompy @Alonik @Gasper @Chariot190

Would any of you be willing to help us find scans or references for proper tiering of Gorr and Old King Thor please?

Bump.

We still need to either fix the statistics of those two pages or delete them, as they are currently extremely unreliable.

By the way, Cul Borson stays at 2-C, right? Because the justification that "Odin also later had to personally keep him imprisoned by devoting his full power to the task" sounds a bit like 2-A (or maybe that's just me)
I do not know, maybe he should get a variable tier matching Odin's as well?

The issue is, we have no reasons to scale them especially since it's an alt reality. For all we know, that Odinforce Thor is wayyy weaker than the original or wayyyyy more powerful.

Phoenix scaling is our best option rn.

It isn't a completely different universe though, it is just an alternate future of the normal 616 Universe. Everything that happened in 616 happened in that timeline, and if Thor dies in 616, he dies in that alt future too. I agree with Phoenix scaling, but I don't get why its ok to assume the Phoenix Force is the same but not the Odin/Thor Force.

Alternative futures are other universe in the grander marvel cosmology. So essentially it is a separate universe. There are a million different alt futures - and each has essentially become universe of their own.

and again, it did happen, however, what if force has gotten weaker or stronger? It's just kinda folly to scale it to canon when there are too many factors to consider.

Because phoenix force is a multiversal constant like abstracts. They are ALWAYS the same everywhere and everywhen. Odinforce isn't a verse constant like her.

I agree with Confluctor in this case.

So what should we do here exactly?

I thought that you said that he became one with a single universe and that's it.

I meant that being one with all of universal space-time is usually considered to be a Low 2-C feat as a default, but being one with just the physical aspect of a universe without time involved is just 3-A.

Bump.

So is anybody here willing to update Gorr and Old King Thor accordingly please, and what else is left to do here?

Thor was able to almost kill him during the "Fear Itself" event.
Thor did kill him during that event, no? And isn’t currently agreed that it’s because of prophecy stuff + Odinsword?
  • Thor needed a specific weapon that Odin wielded in order to kill Cul. We consider this sword, and a specific prophecy to be the reasons why Thor could defeat his much more powerful uncle.
Plus, wasn’t it during that event that Cul became powerful enough to slaughter Odin and scare Mephisto?

Back