• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Phoenix Force downgrade! And revision for the Hosts

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Okay this has been bugging me for far toooooooo long. Ever since I came to this wiki, this is one of the stats that I hate the most. Phoenix being 2A/L1C straight up don't make sense without another statistic there.

We all know how many anti feats Phoenix has, so I say we change her statistics a bit to fix that mess. My proposal at the moment is "Unknown, 2A/L1C at peak".

Now the reason why I say unknown is because her feats differ from story to story. Too many low tier feats so it's hard to quantify properly, so I say we leave her at Unknown for now. It cannot be varied because this is merely an inconsistency between authors.

Now, onto the Hosts.
Why is every host of her straight up 2A/L1C? Most of them don't have feats of that level. Why is Colossus and Namor and the like at 2A when they highest feat they have performed is 4-B? I know, it's "possibly" but there is no need for that rating.

Also, not even Cyclops operated at 2A/L1C sans his last key. Hell, even Hope's rating is quite sketchy.

Anyway, I propose we yeet the mention of 2A/L1C completely and judge them based on their own feats. It makes more sense, looks better, less guesswork and stuff like that.

TL;DR:
  1. Phoenix gets an "Unknown, 2A/L1C at peak"
  2. Yeet the mention of 2A/L1C from most of her hosts, leaving only Jean and Cyclops' final key.

Or if you don't want to remove, then the person who made those keys needs to link their feats that are even close to THAT level. Cause right now it's one huge mess.

Last edited:
Yeah, if the Hosts don't even have a reasoning for 2-A/L1-C, I definitely agree they should be downgraded unless reasoning for that rating is given. As for the Phoenix Force itself, the reasoning seems fine, but I don't think it implies an unknown tiering, but rather something like "Varies, up to 2-A/L1-C".

Varies, up to 2-A/L1-C
I am a bit hesitant on this myself because it's just inconsistent rather than having a logical in-canon explaination. Because last I heard, varied tiers needs to be given a proper reasoning or else it gets rejected otherwise.

King thor should be fine to keep the 2-A/Low 1-C stuff
Obviously. He, Jean, last key of Cyclops, wolverine from future, and possibly Rachael should be fine.

Quick question, why is ascension to the White Hot Room used as a 2A/L1A supporting feat?

Iirc, it doesn't need a tier 1/2 level of power to reach.

Or else we will be looking at 2A/L1A Sentry/Voi lol

Quick question, why is ascension to the White Hot Room used as a 2A/L1A supporting feat?

Iirc, it doesn't need a tier 1/2 level of power to reach.
From the profile it's not that it reached the WHR, it's that its the very core/being of the Multiversal PF itself, and it's called the Nexus of All Realities, the Big Bang that created the Multiverse and the core of all creation. According to the PF's profile anyway. And Jean according to her profile merged with the Mutliversal Phoenix to get Low 1-A for that.

Also it "Exists on the same level of reality as other Multiversal Abstracts". Not sure if that's right unless we have a cosmology scan that says the WHR is on that level.

I thought you thought the reason the Phoenix was Low 1-A was because it was able to reach the WHR, not that it was the very core of the Phoenix itself from reading your comment. I misunderstood your comment, sorry about that.

Unless someone else somehow got 2-A/Low 1-A from going there.

Shouldn’t 50% PF Cyclops (and Emma, by extension) remain at his tier since he negged a full power Scarlet Witch?

Otherwise, I agree.

No, the revision is about Universal Phoenix, not Multiversal. I have my own problems with Low 1A of Marvels, but don't wanna open that can of worms just yet

Shouldn’t 50% PF Cyclops (and Emma, by extension) remain at his tier since he negged a full power Scarlet Witch?

Otherwise, I agree.
Scarlet Witch is an interesting case. Her 2-A/Low 1-C comes from post AvX event, so it doesn't compare. It was revealed there that she can reach that high again if she has enough time and power source (Wonder Man in that case.)

Also, 50% didn't fight a fully powered SW. Fully powered just means prep time + a strong power source

Last edited:
Hope could possibly scale to SW tho... So, I guess her rating can stay (I will update the OP to remove her name from it). Since SW erased the entity itself, so that could work.

But I believe her scarlet witch stolen power needs a downgrade too. Tho I can do that some other time.

Why is every host of her straight up 2A/L1C? Most of them don't have feats of that level. Why is Colossus and Namor and the like at 2A when they highest feat they have performed is 4-B? I know, it's "possibly" but there is no need for that rating.
Also about this, the only reason the Phoenix Five were given the ‘possibly 2-A/Low 1-C’ is because when the Phoenix upgrade thread was made, there was a precedent for characters having a tier like ‘X (insert feats), possibly Y (being a finite percentage of an infinite tier).’

Of course, that’s not a thing anymore, but that’s why they were initially given that tier.

Yeah, it’s perfectly fine to remove now, I was just explaining why it was accepted in the first place.

I honestly think listing Phoenix Force as Unknown is nonsense, it having lower feats is PIS moreso than anything worth considering.

We don't list jobbers like Gladiator and Galactus any lower, we shouldn't list Phoenix Force any lower either.

Then at the very least, we should consider taking into account the dozens of low tier feats she have over the years. Her low tier feats outweighs her mid and higher tier feats.

We already have keys for different states of Galactus, so that sort of takes care of the inconsistency, and Gladiator has in-canon reason for his low showings.

Then at the very least, we should consider taking into account the dozens of low tier feats she have over the years. Her low tier feats outweighs her mid and higher tier feats.
Her contextual placement makes her feat count irrelevant.

Wanna know how we can take into account the "dozen of feats"? Put a note saying she's inconsistent. Fixed.

Contextual placement might be, but when her every other feat is so low, it becomes a laughable page.

But I suppose a note can work as long as her "real" feats are taken into account.

Leaving that aside, what should we do about the hosts and people who scale to them?

Your proposals for the hosts are fine, I was gonna do this revision but.. forgot lol

It’s directly stated that Colossus can’t even face him, so obviously not…

@Confluctor, The Phoenix Five are gonna be 4-Bs, right?

@Confluctor, The Phoenix Five are gonna be 4-Bs, right?
Yes, scaling from the likes of Thor.

Although some might be lower depending on their feats. So a thorough look at their feats might be needed. Next time I am off work, I can do that.

Yes, scaling from the likes of Thor.

Although some might be lower depending on their feats. So a thorough look at their feats might be needed. Next time I am off work, I can do that.
Well Namor fought Wanda so that’s 4-B. Colossus and Magik definitely need to be looked at though.

Yeah, Namor, Cyclops and Emma are fine at 4-B. They also had a battle with Thor (who was obviously 4B in this story). The other two are a problem...

I can vaguely remember her fight against Doc Strange but I will have to look at that once again to see what's up with it.

There is a feat of Namor and Colossus beating the crap out of Gladiator from Wolverine and X-Men #13.

Also, we definitely need to update their powers and abilities. I think some are missing.

Scaling ONLY for AP:

Magik:

Colossus:

Namor:

That's all for now, will do Cyclops and Emma some other time.

Tl;dr:
  • Magik gets 5-A
  • Colossus... Idk. His only big fight was against Gladiator and they ganged up on him. So...
  • Namor gets 5-A
    • Yes, this Thor was quite serious and all, but... he was injured earlier in his fight against the Phoenix Force. Additionally, he had been getting his ass kicked by literally every other OP X-Men in this event. So, take it as well, but I believe this wasn't 4-B Thor post #3 of the event. But what do you guys think?

Man-Thing scan is kinda wrong, since that's not the original one. Clones have varying degree of strength.

Spider-Man scan is also kinda robbing context, making them budge isn't = harming.

Rest seems fine, Colossus and Magik supposedly scale to one another in this form.

Scaling ONLY

Cyclops:

Tl;dr: Cyclops at 1 should be 4-B maximum...

Looks fine ig.

Can you summarize your ratings proposed and give a mockup of AP justifications for visualization?

Back