• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

Tfw the Twitter take overs show that Sonic and friends can interact with the real world, and even the companys that made them

But being serious, it is kinda weird how Paper Mario characters are already paper and 2-D but the Paperize ability allows them to turn their paper world into a... flatter piece of paper? Or maybe it just allows them to perform a really good feat of 4th Wall Manipulation that allows them to escape the confines of their universe to basically manipulate the world however they want? IIRC the places thay have been ripped show a purple void in the shape of whatever object was ripped as well.

Hm, I guess I gotta also try and find every bit of lore and instance of this ability along with perusing through Color Splash for the Paint effects and the hax they have.

Huey does indeed say Cutout allows them to transcend dimensions. He even says that they stepped out of their dimension when using it for the first time. It alao has similar abilities to Paperize and a few more

Cutout allows Mario to manipulate spatial dimensions in order to reach areas he otherwise wouldn't be able to, I think. It's kind of like that one Touhou character that can manipulate the "borders" or whatever between her and anything else and stuff. This includes bringing things toward him and bring him toward other things.

He can also squeeze the paint out of 3D objects and turn them into blank cards he can then store.

It certainly seems to fit that bill so far, and it also functions aa a time stop I believe plus the transcending dimensions.

Cutout can also be used to apply Things and all as well. I'm only on the second boss though so it could have more applications later on

Is that subjective reality? I knew it was something because Luigi can fucntion fine and literally walk off after you use the Cutout technique in Color Splash as well.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Is that subjective reality? I knew it was something because Luigi can fucntion fine and literally walk off after you use the Cutout technique in Color Splash as well.
I think it is.

I wonder, would it be easier to compile the things that Mario CANT do? Guys pretty stacked with power and abilities.

What things are he absolutely defenseless too?

Power Stars might have Law Manip tho via Prankster Comet shit as well as creating realms who's time is a variable that can be set and changed depending on certain conditions as well as a world that exists entirely on two opposite ends of each other like Tiny Huge, and we know it's one world because it's a singular course and both paintings lead to the same missions.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Can someone compile all the new things for the cast so I can add them onto the CRT notes
That would be nice to add all the things we talked about for the mario bros and co and add them to CTR IF anyone has the time

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Can someone compile all the new things for the cast so I can add them onto the CRT notes
That would be nice to add all the things we talked about for the mario bros and co and add them to CTR IF anyone has the time
Due to the forum move, I think all the added abilities should be done in a new CRT

So far I've found that inertia and movement of any objects like a strean of water or, fire's flicker and light, and clouds moving in the atmosphere will all be halted when their color is drained, and it doesn't have to require the whole thing be drained as only a tiny portion of colorless splotches in two different streams of water caused the water to cease running and remain still despite physics. Paint makes up air, inorganic and immaterial things like ghosts/souls, and can even make up memories, as the Paint Stars use their "coloring thoughts" to share their memories and a Toad who's head was drained couldn't remember that he was one of the chosen Toad and a wise sage. Similarly, drained body parts will leave Toad saying they can't feel those body parts anymore.

Paint is also able to effect one's emotional states, poison, and is able to give life and cause death if drained. Paint can also effect one's ability to battle by only making them fight with things associated with a certain color like Red and Blue, as well as being able to deny someone from using a specific color or colors, effectively negating all forms of attack that can correspond to that color.

All of this and I'm only like a through a quarter of the game.

Back