• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

A Toad in Color Splash who knows about the Cutout spots and stuff says "dotted lines appear out of the ether transcending the very boundaries of time and space" and then goes on to say "get your trans-dimensional scissors" which are what shows when you cut things out.

Screenshot 2020-04-29-08-54-26
Screenshot 2020-04-29-08-54-37
Here are the screenshots for proof. Sorry for the low quality but they're still scrutible

Given there's a parallel universe in the same game, the boundaries of time and space here don't just extend out to a single universe too, although we know Paper Mario and even Main Mario should you separate them both have multiverses

Wouldn't transcending the boundaries of time and space plus statements of transcending dimensions themselves plus Huey being able to manipulate the dimensions in a normally 2D game on a monitor all point to Huey being able to just manipulate dimensions? Paint exists in different dimensions across multiple universes from statements and showings in the game. I feel there's gotta be something impressive among all that.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Also, according to Japanese translations, the Grand Stars were stated as being able to use their power to transcend time and space.
"With the power of the Grand Star, you can transcend time and space. With this, you'll be able to go to distant galaxies."

Screenshot 2020-04-19-09-47-54-1
"With the power of the Grand Star, you can transcend time and space."

So then where in the game was that stated?

Hunterzillas said:
Just dropping in, so uh, do we have Low 2-C Mario yet?
Dino:

Dd9qh9g-599e5dd9-72db-4c1e-b0cc-c2ed0015934f
N O

Even though there is oddly enough evidence of there being Low 2-C its denied as this would apparently screw up things apparently, I am more on the leagues of there being a possibly Low 2-C.

"Effortlessly" is a stretch, but we've already got that in the Low 2-C blog I believe.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
@gyro ok that makes sense but should we have a tabber for the crystal stat cause we have been discussing on how op they are to some degree
Yeah we should.

As for the superguard stuff, it's more likely that Shadow Queen's attacks being guardable but not super guardable is the game mechanic, rather than certain attacks overpowering the superguard being the game mechanic. Chances are that stuff like Vivian's fire is a feat for her fire rather than an antifeat for the Superguard.

What would color dictating physics and spatial dimensions as well as the motions of objects be? When color was drained, people could stand on water and lava with no repercussions, water would stop flowing and remain suspended in the air and clouds would stop moving as well, and there waa a giant gaping hole in the desert that previously was solid and able to be walked across until it had it's paint restored. It could also take away and restore memories as well as affect the emotions of people.

Of course, Mario could only use Paint via Huey though.

Mario should have concept manipulation for probably all of his normal attacks and I'll explain why in my blog soon.

First Mario went the ways of Archie Sonic with passive Fate Hax And now he's going the ways of Kingdom Hearts

Not when you think about it.

Paint encompasses everything. And I mean everything. Including living and non-living things. Nothing can function without paint, even things like simple land. As well as the mind (Huey stated that color is in one's mind) and soul as Boos need paint, which are ghosts. It's also shown in the ending that paint reaches up to all of space as well. Thus, it is a concept.

Whenever you attack an enemy, you remove paint from their body. Which means your removing concepts. Once you're fully out of paint, you are completely lifeless.

DatOneWeeb said:
Not when you think about it.

Paint encompasses everything. And I mean everything. Including living and non-living things. Nothing can function without paint, even things like simple land. As well as the mind (Huey stated that color is in one's mind) and soul as Boos need paint, which are ghosts. It's also shown in the ending that paint reaches up to all of space as well. Thus, it is a concept.

Whenever you attack an enemy, you remove paint from their body. Which means your removing concepts. Once you're fully out of paint, you are completely lifeless.
Depense on what type it is. Type 2?

I knew there was an argument to be made for Paint making up concepts. And the attacks taking away paint thing is canonical as Kamek mentions he didn't pay attention to the fact all of his paint waa gone after his boss fight and straight up dies.

Supporting evidence would be that draining color from water and lava will cause them to lose their characteristics. Characters can walk on them, they aren't fluid and constantly in motion like normal, and they can't get wet or burned and it's like the liquid becomes solid

Wouldn't Luigi also resist time stop from Cutout and Paperize? He can also transcend the boundaries of time and space with Huey and Mario and run off into the dimension that trancends their normal one and can appear back in the main dimension later on somehow. So I dunno exactly what that is

To me Paperize is Subjective Reality. I mean if you go look into the description and types of Subjective Reality, It does fit.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Wouldn't Luigi also resist time stop from Cutout and Paperize? He can also transcend the boundaries of time and space with Huey and Mario and run off into the dimension that trancends their normal one and can appear back in the main dimension later on somehow. So I dunno exactly what that is
Would the mean they went to 4D ?

Back