• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

Mario: Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Soul Manipulation (Crystal Stars), getting Power and life Absorption (Crystal Star scaling, although Mario didn't use this in battle), also another form of Attack Negation (To apply to his Base key via Superguard), Mario getting High to Low-Godly Regen (he was capable of being ripped apart and easily reformed, he could come back from his consciousness in Cappy), Life Manipulation (Bowser use the Music Keys to turned the landscape into this. Bowser blocked out the Sun with thick clouds, turned water into lava, killed all plant life, turned hills into volcanoes, etc. Mario changed it all back), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.), Information Transferral (Once the ruby star was given to Mario, he got back his identity), Possibly even an Earthbound style Player entity, and Multiple Lives

Bowser Jr.: Life Manipulation and Creation ( His Magic Paintbrush which can create the worlds), Technology Manipulation (Can manipulate various technology, like the Koopa Car)

Everyone: Another high speed feat in the prankster comets, and an AP boost up to 200x Starry Sky, all power star users get a true resistance to Mindhax

Rosalina: Telekinesis (Could move starship Mario with her magic), Size Manipulation and Large Size (Grew around as big as Bowser)

Bowser: Death Manipulation (Bowser's use of the Keys turned the landscape into this), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.)

Waluigi: Mind Manipulation (Waluigi was going to use it to hypnotize anyone who didn't have the same dancing abilities as him), Sound Manipulation (the power of music transmitted into their souls.)

Shadow Quee: Death Manipulation (Showstopper), and passive Mind Manipulation (Could warp the hearts of men), Weather Manipulation (Her return caused the the clouds to cover the whole planet)

Doopliss: Text Manipulation (Stole the letter P from the text), Limited Information Manipulation (Stole Mario's identity: Although this is a possibility and isn't confirmed)

Finished!! Is there anything I need to fix before I put it in my sandbox

DatOneWeeb said:
So I just found out how ******* broken Supergaurd is for Mario. Not only does he harm you when you attack him, but he completely negates the side effects as well. Which includes fire manipulation, confusion, status reduction, dizzy, ice manipulation, size manipulation, time stop, poison, power nullification, sleep manipulation, and time stop. Some of this stuff I think he should have in base, but some of these can be new. Overall I think these should be added but specifically say it's via Supergaurd. And for those who don't know much about TTYD, Superguard is a move Mario can do to essentially parry your attacks, harming you, as well as basically negate projectiles. And no, it is not an item.
^

@Mariofan, Superguard is Negation of an attack, not resistance to it.

Superguard should be in his base key since he can do it without anything, even items. So yes, I agree

The resistances come from the crystal star, meaning they would fall under his items category, not his base. The music keys are in his base though

Prankster Comets can effect entire galaxies, so possible galactic range, too? They also have a few abilities that could scale to Power Stars, like possible Law Manipulation as they could completely create new rules in a galaxy Mario has to follow and complete. They also change the layouts, such as adding dark matter to levels it wasn't in and changing the texts on signs as well as making Mario face off against bosses he's already beaten (time travel? Resurrection?) with depleted health and any bosses who previously had a Grand Star powering them are now powered by Power Stars, despite the same dialogue unfolding talking about them having Grand Stars. Prima guide also states the Comets tip the odds in favor of the bosses.

Also, Tarantox was stated in the guide to be able to weave webs capable of ensnaring stars, like the actual balls of gas. Mario can enter it's webs and shoot out of them. I think this can translate to LS? Maybe even some other stuff. Currently they're Pre-Stellae in LS but his could be a stellar upgrade.

Also, Bowser should have Plot Manipulation as he was able to interrupt the screen transition when ending a level in 3D World and he could crash through the credits in Yoshi's New Island and tell Yoshi to complete the game without Flutter Wings which leads to an entirely new ending where he also physically rips the scene to reveal himself.

Mario should have:

Biological Manipulation :

As Doctor Mario, he can take out a giant syringe and stab it into an enemy and use it to turn them into a pig

Has invented a specific Megavitamin to accelerate plant growth

Regenerationn (High-Mid): Survived being blown to pieces like a balloo

Danmaku He can shower foes via Star Storm

Status Effect Inducement : He can lower oppent's attack potency via Chill Out

Energy Manipulation and Power Nullification : By Star Beam and Peach Beam

More input on Attack Reflection : Mario and Luigi can counterattack via Hammer

Durability Negation and Vibration Manipulation : Via the Earth Tremor,Earth Tremor is considered one of the most useful Crystal Star moves due to it piercing enemy defense and can attack all enemies on the screen including flying and ceiling enemies.

One Hit Kill: Via Showstopper

Danmaku and Explosion Manipulation : Via Supernova,-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6uYONvLY_I

More input for Intangibility : Via Boo Mushroom

Resistance to the following:

Reality Warping : Survived Bowser's wish on the Star Rod to destroy him

Biological Manipulaito : When shot by Bowser's Devolution Gun in Kun, Instead of devolving to a monkey like Luigi did, he gained his Tanooki Mario power-up .

Law Manipulation : Can break free from The Player's grip , which reigns over everything else in the game

Elemental Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Instant Death Attacks and Power Nullification via Supersuit

Peach also has a similar thing happen in SPM where she gets annoyed by the Player's choices and acts to blow the Dating Sim up on her own.

Some of those scans are from the manga, which is a different continuity. But once Super Mario-Kun gets released here, you can be sure that I'll be making profiles for it.

Danmaku He can shower foes via Star Storm

Energy Manipulation and Power Nullification: By Star Beam and Peach Beam

More input on Attack Reflection : Mario and Luigi can counterattack via Hammer

Earth Manipulation and Durability Negation : Via the Earth Tremor , Earth Tremor is considered one of the most useful Crystal Star moves due to it piercing enemy defense and can attack all enemies on the screen including flying and ceiling enemies.

Another feat of Explosion Manipulation: Via Supernova -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6uYONvLY_I

More input for Intangibility : Via Boo Mushroom

Reality Warping : Survived Bowser's wish on the Star Rod to destroy him

Law_Manipulation : Can break free from The Player's grip , which reigns over everything else in the game

Foxthefox1000 said:
Would Shadow Mario get regen from being able to explode into small parts of himself and then reconfigure his body? He can become a small orb that doesn't have a shadow as well, and since we can clearly see it, I doubt it's actually a gaseous state. It's likely IMO that the orb not casting a shadow means it's non-physical, or a state of having no matter. This fits with it being able to phase through stuff as well.
I don't think it's a regen.

Just like Delsin Rowe from Infamous Second Son, they can become intangible and travel like that.

Delsin's is smoke and Shadow Mario uses paint or shadow to travel.

@Foxthefox

This is a bit late but about the player stuff you mentioned, seeing how Yamamura, Mary O. create and play levels in Mario maker I would think them referring to the player would confirm their existence. now I am going to appreciate the fact a pigeon is arguably the most powerful character in the Marioverse.

But other people have gotten regen as an ability from assuming their physical form from a state like gas/a spirit. Ganon for instance lists him becoming physical again fron a shadow-like state and reassuming a physical form after becoming that head spirt thing in TP.

Either way, wouldn't the reassembling his body count as a regen at least? He bursts his body into tiny particles and then can reassemble them. That's gotta be something.

Not really he can use the paint brush normally and seeing as he never uses the shadow Mario form in New super Mario bros, the sport(golf is the exception) and party games despite the shadow Mario form supposedly giving him superhuman agility. That would leave Regenerationn which is based off shadow Mario transforming in to blobs of paint and transforming back into shadow Mario you know a transformation junior can easily access. No we do not need a key(sorry if I sounded rude)

Not a key, but give it a tabber. The Magic Painbrush should be listed as standard equipment. After Sunshine, he's used it many times in spin-offs. Until not anymore. But, in Jr. Journey, Morton had it until Jr found out and now has it under possession. So it's definitely something he keeps.

As for the Multiple Lives thing. If accepted, it should be noted that based on the Shaydes, the ability would be shared by the whole verse, and could explain how bosses and such can come back from multiple deaths and such. The extra lives are also still able to come into effect even if one was erased from existence.

Though how would we treat Bowser's infinite lives in Paper Mario TTYD? Tbf it doesn't seem like anything contradicts it. But I can understand it may seem too obscene.

Also, speaking of Bowser and death, in 3D Land, Bowser can fall in lava and you'll see a small soul come out of the lava to signify death, but not even minutes later Bowser is intercepting Mario again. I dunno if this counts for anything but I thought it was worth bringing up

"Brainless" usually just means stupid. Most mind manipulation tends to be directed at the metaphysical mind anyway.

2 and 7, yes. Potentially 3 as well since they come back by reforming their body. But where does 1 come from?

I don't think Mario becomes undead when he gets a Boo mushroom, he just gets the core abilities of a Boo. Plus he loses it after being hit.

Superguard would be for base Mario, though be careful as there are some attacks (mainly from bosses) that can't be superguarded.

Back