• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario discussion 9.5:Forum's inside story

Interesting. Bowser Jr.'s brush is covered in the inky substance at some points in thw trailer and that goop coveres like a ton of the landscape and even Bowser himself.

Pipedream crackpot theory but what if Bowser or Jr. wished upon the brush like he alluded to in Sunshine but it had major drawbacks? I think the Brush has some importance either way as black goop + it being on the brush = clearly a connection. And it would also explain why he's even needed and relevant to the gameplay

The overview trailer confirmed that the world becomes dark and all because of Bowser and that he's just full of rage (though I still suspect they'll crush me with a macguffin he absorbed because that glowing in his stomach tells me this might not be standard). And the evil cata do indeed go back to being normal enemies it looks like so some good passive hax upgrades are looking very likely

Website descriptions confirm Bowser was tainted by black goop/paint.

BJ has this same goop on his brush and his M Portal that sucks Mario in was black as well in the intro.

So it may not be standard for Bowser but may be some significant hax upgrades for BJ (if it was him doing the the thing in the intro that's a way to BFR and Summon people for one)

I'm a little miffed I have to wait for the game to come out in case ir IS his paint because I was planning on making a CRT for his abilities we don't have

An ability of the Fury form is that it creates Fury Shadows which are evil versions of the main cast made of the black goop that you have to chase and beat.

Interesting.

Does anyone remember where that Blog/Sandbox with all the in the works Fodder profiles was?
I don't mean ThatOneWeeb's.

I just linked to it. So you can just check out the link to my sandbox. Heads up though that there are some not mario-related profiles on it as well, though the mario profiles are together

I just linked to it. So you can just check out the link to my sandbox. Heads up though that there are some not mario-related profiles on it as well, though the mario profiles are together
Yeah, that's no problem. I guess if I wanna check what the newest changes to the blog are, I can also just check the History or such.

I made the Boo profile and just removed it from the sandbox after I posted the profile. Same with Mizzter Blizzard, Hole Punch, and the Viruses

Not a problem. Haven't uploaded the Shy Guy profile yet cause I hadn't finished the stats, same with the Unagi profile. The Boo Guys are just a matter of I haven't been bothered to upload them even though I'm not waiting on anything.

Ew, main character match.

....Sorry, sorry. That said, if you ever make a character featuring a Mario fodder/enemy (Bowser, Koopalings & (mini-)bosses do not count.), give me a link to it & I'll be all over it like fire over a Pyro Guy. I find those far more interesting than those featuring the major/main characters.

But then again, maybe you wouldn't want my attention on a versus match, & I think that's perfectly fine & understandable, too.

Ew, main character match.

....Sorry, sorry. That said, if you ever make a character featuring a Mario fodder/enemy (Bowser, Koopalings & (mini-)bosses do not count.), give me a link to it & I'll be all over it like fire over a Pyro Guy. I find those far more interesting than those featuring the major/main characters.

But then again, maybe you wouldn't want my attention on a versus match, & I think that's perfectly fine & understandable, too.
Eh, your input is always quite nice and considerable, but I can understand a lack of interest out of this kind of matches being more common

Eh, your input is always quite nice and considerable, but I can understand a lack of interest out of this kind of matches being more common
I appreciate the compliment, even if I'm unsure it's 100% true, at the very least, because "always" might be hyperbole, despite my best efforts.
....Also, it's a bit shameful of me to admit, but I feel they have a greater variety of abilities, compared to fodder that, at least on average, can make their matches more complex.

Bowser's Fury got leaked.

BJ's paint is the catalyst of what caused Fury Bowser, but in the ending Fury Bowser has the paint washed off but is still able to perform everything Fury Bowser can while giant in base and even more like sealing the Giga Bells using telekinesis to bring them to him and creatr a barrier around them. He can shift the tectonic plates, shoot a shitton of projectiles in danmaku fashion, and maybe more i haven't seen all of it. And if you doubted it was him getting launced by a Triple Giga Bell smash causes the storm to immediately go away and everything get fixed once defeated.

Entire islands with residents are sunken beneath the black paint also and they rise when you clear it.

Seems like good upgrades especially since it's revealed Base Bowser can still pull this off while pissed. The paint just gave him extra paint abilities like the Fury Shadows.

Apparently in Super Nintendo World there are boss fights. Would we include these abilities?

Bowser Jr. gets shadow creation which he can use to create enemies and copies of himself.

I love that this amusement park is actually giving us new abilities lol

I wonder if we'll be able to make a profile for the park visitors soon lol

Bowser Jr. has spatial manip/teleportation now. After 50 Cat Shines and the final boss, he decides to help you out by warping you and himself to whatever destination you so choose and it's fairly quick.

Also cute little bonus is that you can sometimes see Bowser Jr. ground pounding Fury Bowser with Giga Cat Mario/Giga Mario. And the fact you canonically fight big final Bowser in regulat small form and with Plessie and can harm him and tank attacks I think the characters even in base can downscale some. But that's me personally. The stone cat statue power-up allows him to tank anything Fury Bowser does also.

Also, after the first few Fury Bowser fights enemies in the first isles will change so it could be minor reality warping or Bowser can simply spawn minions. This also happens with fuzzies in that one place near Mount Magmeow. Also, the goop that covers Bowser is incredibly toxic and causes insta death for Plessie and Small Mario. There's more barrier creation feats as well and the sealing and TK.

Bowser's Fury constantly grew stronger throughout the game as well, where he'll stay out for longer periods at a time and even grew too powerful for the Cat Shines to repel. At 100 shines Bowser is stated to be at his strongest.

Bowser Jr. can paint an image and create a Cat Shine from it. He can also point out hidde. Items and see where invisible blocks are and tell you to check those places out so ESP is definitely a thing. He also can do that convert-to-energy-that-phases-through-walls-to-appear-where-the-main-character-is-thing.

One of the Shine quests is getting Plessie Medals which seem to convert to light and travel at high speeds, but if you're good with your plotting you can keep up pretty well. It might not be actual light but if it is It's a nice support feat

Black Goop has Corruption, Size Manip maybe, Statistics Amplification, and possibly more as well as Empath/Morality Manip because it was the catalyst for what Bowser became and also does this to the cat residents. Fury Bowser also causes BJ and the Toads to begin trembling with fear but this is probably nothing.

Oh, and enemies and residents are already on the isles when they raise up from the water so like, that's probably something considering they were previously under goop and/or water for an indefinite period of time until you show up.

Last edited:
7nkhya2lrji41.jpg

They're warming us up for Sunshine 2 where BJ uses his paint to give Mario different abilities and cause changes in the overworld while in Shadow Mario form and can store Power-Ups and take you on short flight trips in his regular Clown Car form.

But no, he's totally being built up so much recently for a reason. Like, SO much focus it's insane. And the fact the Magic Brush was brought back with his own symbol instead of E. Gadd's with no explanation and it's a big part of Super Nintendo World. I feel like there's something big coming for him.

God, I just noticed that. Both Super Nintendo World and Bowser's Fury have Bowser Jr.'s symbol. Though the paintbrush has had two different designs in the past, so who knows.

Wait no, hold up. The brush in Super Nintendo World has two designs. The artwork and actual physical object in the queue have Bowser Jr.'s face, but it has E. Gadd's in the actual animation

I think the Bowser Jr. symbol is meant to imply he created it himself. It would be cool if they kept in line with the lore of Sunshine and Il Piantissimo still has the old E. Gadd one. But knowing Nintendo they may state or release something that shows BJ just slapped a sticker of his emblem over it so it can be "officially" his.

Or maybe he just has two now lol

Yeah. I'm sure they'll explain it eventually. Like I said, there's no way they're building BJ up and changing the symbol for no reason. Even if it's just an AMA I feel like we'll get answers eventually.

Someone should calc Rosie's ship speed again. I know we use the center of the galaxy cause someone said jap version says center of galaxy, but in japanese she also says "galaxy farthest from here".

Here, we see the galaxy in question is red in color, which fits in line with the farthest known galaxy at the time

Should be a nice supporting feat for the others we already have.

Back