• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario discussion 9.5:Forum's inside story

Something I noticed.

The Dream Depot is a world of dreams far beyond the clouds and the stars. Every day, new dreams are being created.

If I recall, this is one of, if not, the biggest justification for our current 2-B Mario tier, or at least it was the justification for a countless 2-B Mario Multiverse (2-A coming from black paint being space which is infinite thus equating to infinite dreams since paint beings have dreamed and the fact color literally can color thoughts and gives life and shit but let's ignore this).

My point, is even if you considered these dreams a mere AU in size, which is a reasonable lowball, the sheer number of these dreams being collected in one space and the fact Mario and Co. travel between them and the Star Spirits casually traverse this realm looking over all of them should grant a huge speed upgrade as using rhe dreams of every human on Earth multiplied by the number of years we've prospered, give or take a few adjustments due to not starting at a billion, the size from single AU sized dreams would be enough to already rival and exceed our own universe, and adding on the fact these dreams are spaced apart and aren't implied to ever go away as multiple characters have had multiple dreams in the ending as part of the mass collection, and the fact that there are plenty other sentient beings that can dream and that you can dream within a dream, wouldn't this warrant an upgrade in speed for being able to quickly traverse this dream-filled space?

And wouldn't this upgrade the size of Mario's main universe since it also includes this Dream Depot? Nothing says it's in it's own dimensional space. People only assume so. "Beyond the clouds and stars" is all we get and that implies it exists within the universe. It being a "world" of dreams (but also called "land" of dreams other times mind you) really doesn't mean anything given literally everything in Mario can be a world.

But also, since we do consider dreams universes and guides and a direct statement from Misstar confirms Future Dream is a dream of the universe, I think the feat can go WAY higher. You can see Mario and Co. warp there, but Bowser always jumps off and in the ending swims his way off-screen in the Dream Depot. We also see the Star Spirits physically move in the Dream Depot between the dreams, and if each one is a universe in size... Well. You know the rest.

Last edited:
Something I noticed.

The Dream Depot is a world of dreams far beyond the clouds and the stars. Every day, new dreams are being created.

If I recall, this is one of, if not, the biggest justification for our current 2-B Mario tier, or at least it was the justification for a countless 2-B Mario Multiverse (2-A coming from black paint being space which is infinite thus equating to infinite dreams since paint beings have dreamed and the fact color literally can color thoughts and gives life and shit but let's ignore this).

My point, is even if you considered these dreams a mere AU in size, which is a reasonable lowball, the sheer number of these dreams being collected in one space and the fact Mario and Co. travel between them and the Star Spirits casually traverse this realm looking over all of them should grant a huge speed upgrade as using rhe dreams of every human on Earth multiplied by the number of years we've prospered, give or take a few adjustments due to not starting at a billion, the size from single AU sized dreams would be enough to already rival and exceed our own universe, and adding on the fact these dreams are spaced apart and aren't implied to ever go away as multiple characters have had multiple dreams in the ending as part of the mass collection, and the fact that there are plenty other sentient beings that can dream and that you can dream within a dream, wouldn't this warrant an upgrade in speed for being able to quickly traverse this dream-filled space?

And wouldn't this upgrade the size of Mario's main universe since it also includes this Dream Depot? Nothing says it's in it's own dimensional space. People only assume so. "Beyond the clouds and stars" is all we get and that implies it exists within the universe. It being a "world" of dreams (but also called "land" of dreams other times mind you) really doesn't mean anything given literally everything in Mario can be a world.

But also, since we do consider dreams universes and guides and a direct statement from Misstar confirms Future Dream is a dream of the universe, I think the feat can go WAY higher. You can see Mario and Co. warp there, but Bowser always jumps off and in the ending swims his way off-screen in the Dream Depot. We also see the Star Spirits physically move in the Dream Depot between the dreams, and if each one is a universe in size... Well. You know the rest.
They should be omnipresent since the spirits embody all dreams. And many versions have statements of being beyond space and time

Where is it stated they embody all dreams? And where it is stated they're beyond space and time?

I'm very curious now.

Either way pretty sure Mario scales to Bowser who can physically traverse these worlds and the Depot as well as the Star Spirits via Paper Mario, and I'm positive this is a speed upgrade.

Might be seen as an outlier though because you can easily get sextillion c from this if every dream is a universe in size

Last edited:
G O L F
Whack ball, run, beat each other with sticks
Mario Party Superstars is intrigueing.
In part because of the potential of giving fodder the feats of old Minigames, like Mid Level Regeneration for recovering from being flattened in Rocky Road.
But so far, it's unsure who will be playable on which boards. Though we have seen Birdo & Rosalina playable on a MP2 board, Space Land.

Super had several enemy species playable. Custom Dice Blocks seem absent, but maybe they're not useable on retro boards?

Just more building feat support, though maybe not even since he's not sure he can do it again. The MCB result could support the Small Town results for Bob-Ombs blasting Mario to the Moon too, though the timeframe on that calc is still questionable

The MCB result could support the Small Town results for Bob-Ombs blasting Mario to the Moon too, though the timeframe on that calc is still questionable
Eh, that's with MCB, & IIRC, Swob has dialogue implying he was part of the moon launch. So it'd be weird if he did a special kind of explosion during the launch (We don't know much about it other than it being big.) but seemingly no one else did, despite being able to, & exploding is one of the few things we can see the Bob-ombs doing in that cutscene.

As for timeframe, he describes it as if it's 1 explosion, so why not assume 1 seconds?

I meant the timeframe for the moon cannon feat. It's assumptions don't hold up under scrutiny, like using average person's ability to hold their breath when we know Mario can hold his breath for long periods in many games or even just have blatant underwater breathing. There's also the fact holding breath literally wouldnt2 matter in space you'd instantly have many things including suffocation happen regardless. There's also the fact the very next game in the series showed Mario unable to breathe and suffocating not 10 seconds after they entered outer space, forcing Tippi to teleport them. And that 10 seconds was more like a looney tunes gag where the characters don't realize they're subject to something until it comes to them, and then they suffer the effects after realizing.

So the Moon Cannon may have to get evaluated because Mario is provably not the average person the calc hinges it's assumption on.

I meant the timeframe for the moon cannon feat. It's assumptions don't hold up under scrutiny, like using average person's ability to hold their breath when we know Mario can hold his breath for long periods in many games or even just have blatant underwater breathing. There's also the fact holding breath literally wouldnt2 matter in space you'd instantly have many things including suffocation happen regardless. There's also the fact the very next game in the series showed Mario unable to breathe and suffocating not 10 seconds after they entered outer space, forcing Tippi to teleport them. And that 10 seconds was more like a looney tunes gag where the characters don't realize they're subject to something until it comes to them, and then they suffer the effects after realizing.

So the Moon Cannon may have to get evaluated because Mario is provably not the average person the calc hinges it's assumption on.
Interesting points.
Also, reminds me that I need to put the calc for the SMRPG Bomb in a blog.

I meant the timeframe for the moon cannon feat. It's assumptions don't hold up under scrutiny, like using average person's ability to hold their breath when we know Mario can hold his breath for long periods in many games or even just have blatant underwater breathing.
That's the old calc, Weeb's calc uses the time it takes in-game.

Anyway, I've been reading through a bunch of dialogue. Wonky's seems interesting so far.

Grubba from Glitzville
"So about that Grubba in Glitzville... He went from a mediocre fighter to the ruler of Glitzville in a matter of years. And there's a rumor that it was all because he found a glittering gem somewhere. I don't know what kind of stone it was, but it must've been a nice good-luck charm. Then again, I heard he hasn't been seen recently around Glitzville, so who knows?"

That gives us evidence of what the Gold Star can do. Also, Grubba seems to be missing names for his Keys. Conveniently, this gives us information about his strength in the past to help distinguish his keys: He used to be a "mediocre fighter". So his younger years MAY be weaker than his current years. Or they were stronger than his old age before he got the Crystal Star.

Monsters' Weaknesses
"There're a lot of mean monsters in this world, but many have weaknesses. Everybody knows that fire monsters are weak against ice and vice versa, but flying monsters are weak against wind, and they tend to get dizzy easily... And sometimes machine- and cloud-monsters can be easier to freeze than most... I've even heard that it's very easy to put Piranha Plants to sleep...

I'd say, try out some new things and see if you can find all monsters' weaknesses."

This info being stated outright in dialogue is useful, & should be noted in Weaknesses sections of profiles. I'm not sure which enemies are "machine" monsters, though. Bob-ombs & Crump's mechs?

Pirate King Cortez
"About a Thousand-Years ago, there was a pirate king called Cortez on these seas. He raided this city often, striking fear into the hearts of its inhabitants, but Cortez was betrayed by one of his crew... Just before he died, he's said to have sailed off with all of his treasure. Then, even after he died, some say his spirit still protects that treasure... But, you know... That's all just hazy legend now."

If we ever detail Cortez's crew, whoever they are, this might be a possible basis to scale at least 1 of them to him. In the meantime, though, this seems to be new information about Cortez's demise that could be added to the summary on his profile.

I really need to get back around to the TTYD Fodder items stuff. Sadly, weekeneds are awful for me trying to make progress.
Feel guilty I haven't done work on that Mario revision on so long.

I really need to get back around to the TTYD Fodder items stuff. Sadly, weekeneds are awful for me trying to make progress.
Feel guilty I haven't done work on that Mario revision on so long.
I'm pretty sure I still have that with my gamecube in my basement, honestly haven't played it in a long time

Back