• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario discussion 9.5:Forum's inside story

Bump. So I’m still working on compiling abilities and don’t expect it to soon because although I know it’s not going to turn out that great and theoretically I could just link it know, I want to compile the best list as possible so I’m not constantly changing things.

However I did find something interesting , on the Wario Master Of Disguise Treasure List (Blue category; Number 30) there’s a item called String Theory Soup. Is this of any significance or no?
Names are often irrelevant without supporting evidence, & very high tier stuff like String Theory would imply would need more evidence.
Heck, for all we know, the item could be meant as a reference to the THEORY of String Theory, as opposed to it indicating that it's a known truth in the setting that everything runs on String Theory, which would probably open its own can of problematic worms.

Names are often irrelevant without supporting evidence, & very high tier stuff like String Theory would imply would need more evidence.
Heck, for all we know, the item could be meant as a reference to the THEORY of String Theory, as opposed to it indicating that it's a known truth in the setting that everything runs on String Theory, which would probably open its own can of problematic worms.
Yeah I agree, just seeing if any of you had supporting evidence for string theory because wouldn’t that upgrade the Mario Cosmology a lot or no? The only implication that it would be valid is that it grants the user “all the secrets to the universe.” But even if it does run on string theory, it could have a very different explanation for it then anything we would probably come up with, plus like you said, it’s likely just the NAME of the soup.

Hey how do you guys feel about the King Olly warping the fabric of reality and warping the world of paper thin beings into origami? I know that several months ago it was rejected to being Low 2-C for being probably hax and a vague statement however I’m not so sure.

King Olly stated several times that not only did he want to get rid of Toads, but turn the “world” into origami. And it would make sense that it’s not just meaning the planet because his minion “The Punch Holer” was capable of stealing the sun out of the sky and Toads and literally everything not made of origami existing across the universe as evidence of Toads existing across galaxies shown in multiple games and characters existing across the universe shown in SEVERAL more games. So basically I think King Olly POSSIBLY meant the entire universe however we might need to find Japanese translations if it comes down to it.

Last edited:
Bump. Also completely unrelated to canon Mario but the Super Mario Super Show and the other cartoons probably have some profile worthy stuff. Plus shouldn’t the cartoon version of Mario in Super Show have a profile or is he and the live action Captain Lou Albano version one in the same?

Potential Lifting Strength upgrade in Color Splash.

Mario can pick up that big giant coin. I know it blips away like most other coins but Huey and the coin counter acknowledge that Mario has obtained it and is canonically carrying it.

As we all know, coins are made of gold, so that could potentially be an upgrade to their Lifting Strength. Potentially a Class M thing. But a calc would need to be made.

Also, in Buoy Base the Torpedo Ted can fully pulverize the iron ball inside it's cage in Galaxy, and it also pulverizes the metal around the glass, with the glass being the only thing that's shown to have fragments. The iron ball inside is pretty large. Probably worth a calc, but I guesstimate it's 8-C+ to High 8-C

Potential Lifting Strength upgrade in Color Splash.

Mario can pick up that big giant coin. I know it blips away like most other coins but Huey and the coin counter acknowledge that Mario has obtained it and is canonically carrying it.

As we all know, coins are made of gold, so that could potentially be an upgrade to their Lifting Strength. Potentially a Class M thing. But a calc would need to be made.
Got scans of it? IIRC, Mario is roughly 1.5 meters or so. It might be 151 or 155 or such; It's based off of some "life-sized statue". But for simplicity's sake, & because I'm lazy with bad memory, I'll say 150 cm.
Let's say the coin is 10 times his height. 15 meters.
A coin is just a very big cylinder, just standing on the round part, rather than on the base. Half the flat part, AKA, the base radius, so 7.5 meters. Then the "height", AKA how thick the edge is. Let's generously assume twice as thick as Mario is tall, so 3 meters.
That gets us a Volume of 530.14376 m3 (Cubic meters)
The density of gold is roughly 19,300 kg/m3 (Kilograms per cubic meter.)
Mass is equal to volume * density.
So for every cubic meter, there is 19,300 kg. AKA, remove the measurements, & multiply 530.14376 by 19,300.
10,231,774.568 kg (Roughly 10-point-2 million kg.)
Class M is 1 million to 1 billion KG, so this is anly about a little over 10 times baseline Class M. (& about 97.73 times below Baseline Class G.)

Keep in mind gold's density varies with its karatage; If it's not 24 karats (100% pure gold.), its density may vary & be more or less, depending on the other materials. Similarly, if the big coin is hollow, it may be lighter.
Also, in Buoy Base the Torpedo Ted can fully pulverize the iron ball inside it's cage in Galaxy, and it also pulverizes the metal around the glass, with the glass being the only thing that's shown to have fragments. The iron ball inside is pretty large. Probably worth a calc, but I guesstimate it's 8-C+ to High 8-C
Scans?

Kinda off-topic, but....
tt-tunnels.png

In Paper Mario 64, a Bumpty & the mayor visit Peach's Castle's Party. But Chapter 7 shows us the mayor is weak enough to be knocked unconscious from tripping while carrying a present.
To get from Shiver City, you take the Pipe into the Icy Room, which goes (Slightly up on the map.) to the room connected to the Invisible Block room. However, from that entrance to The Invisible Block Room, you can't go anywhere without first falling several meters onto hard stone, since at the time of Peach's party, the Invisible Blocks wouldn't be solidifed yet.
From there, you can take the room's Southeast corner's pipe to what is a dead end without explosives.
Or go West, climb huge stairs, go into the next room... & get assaulted by Dark Koopas & Spike Tops.
If you make it past them (maybe the Bumpties/Penguins swam?), that room has an aggressive Blooper & a dock. Bloopers are aquatic & can fly, so crossing the docks would be far less safe, if they were even in any condition to cross. (& the water is running, so may have to be swam against.)

So how did the Bumpties/Penguins make it to Peach's Castle alive?
Especially since 1 of them is the aforementioned mayor, who we've seen is quite weak?

Just analyzing for fun.

More MP stuff specifically from 5

The cast (including Boo) can smash these large platforms of stone and metal and send them flying. The star's escape velocity and pull is the major contributor to this feat potentially being really good.

Even my lowball had the lowest end come out to small city. People might argue "size" but these arguments are so overdone at this point. The clear intention is for them to be in space dealing with the actual celestial bodies, just because the graphical limitations can't allow for the actual sizes of these celestial bodies does not mean the feats are less impressive. The star is just like our Sun not a dwarf or anything.

Cheep Cheeps also have a good rock destruction feat for one of the minigames.

Oh no I'm not a pro or anything. I definitely didn't analyze everything to the smallest detail either like is typical.

I'd much rather leave it up to others. But I can't imagine it being lower than Tier 7 tbh

Combine that with the fact the one calc concluded a single Bob-Omb contributed kilotons to the moon feat, with plenty instances across the series of fodder tanking them (a bit inconsistent yes but in every game that isn't NSMB they can tank it) and the fact King Bob-Omb's explosion has been tanked for a few minigames/bosses or stages or in general by the cast which included fodder, and King Bob-Omb definitely being more potent, and we can be looking at some consistent Tier 7 stuff for fodder. Could also use Bye Bye Cannon as support if we really want to, though I still take issue with that. We also have the stadium explosion feat as support.

For Tier 8-7 there's a couple minigames with the Tweester enemy which are literally tornadoes. The one was capable of extending above the clouds and the other created a cyclone around the flower field and when leaving took the clouds with it just like an actual tornado. Interesting to note these enemies have never damaged Mario outright at all, and since fodder are playable during the MP minigame we can potentially use that as a supporting feat for upgrades too.

Last edited:
Yeah you should definitely calc request most of those or something because it would get the fodders tier 8-7. Also all my Mario abilities that I found got deleted so now I’m going to have to find them all again sigh.

But from what I remember there’s a bunch of Probability Manipulation stuff in the M and L games and in Paper Mario. I also know that Mario and Luigi has a bunch of badges and battle Cards that can increase their strength, nullify the levels of experience their enemies have, freeze enemies, can turn much weaker enemies into Goombas and Mushrooms (I’m not kidding there’s a battle card for it), create a forcefield that makes them invulnerable to damage, brings them back to life if they hit 0 HP, etc. Also gear has a bunch of abilities that could be useful too.

Yeah you should definitely calc request most of those or something because it would get the fodders tier 8-7. Also all my Mario abilities that I found got deleted so now I’m going to have to find them all again sigh.
Where did you find them?
Did you list/document them?
Why were they deleted? Is there anything posted about why they were deleted?
But from what I remember there’s a bunch of Probability Manipulation stuff in the M and L games and in Paper Mario. I also know that Mario and Luigi has a bunch of badges and battle Cards that can increase their strength, nullify the levels of experience their enemies have, freeze enemies, can turn much weaker enemies into Goombas and Mushrooms (I’m not kidding there’s a battle card for it), create a forcefield that makes them invulnerable to damage, brings them back to life if they hit 0 HP, etc. Also gear has a bunch of abilities that could be useful too.

Where did you find them?
Did you list/document them?
Why were they deleted? Is there anything posted about why they were deleted?
I had it all on a Sandbox on the forum but for some reason it got deleted when I tried to load it up. I found most of the abilities on YouTube. I also used the Mario Wiki if I needed to since it has most stuff like badges and battle cards listed. The main problem is that most abilities including badges and battle cards are barely on a compiled video or anywhere I can conveniently get a clip of said ability without watching 12 hour play throughs of the M and L series and the Paper Mario series and hoping for the off chance that they use a lot of battle cards or badges.

I had it all on a Sandbox on the forum but for some reason it got deleted when I tried to load it up. I found most of the abilities on YouTube. I also used the Mario Wiki if I needed to since it has most stuff like badges and battle cards listed. The main problem is that most abilities including badges and battle cards are barely on a compiled video or anywhere I can conveniently get a clip of said ability without watching 12 hour play throughs of the M and L series and the Paper Mario series and hoping for the off chance that they use a lot of battle cards or badges.
Any idea if it's on the internet archive? Page history?

Any idea if it's on the internet archive? Page history?
No unfortunately. If I get the opportunity I’ll try to find to find them and post them all here or something.
I also found a reference of levels being mentioned in dialogue. This could further the evidence for Accelerated Development for pretty much everyone
Nice! I also think it’s been mentioned that Mario gets stronger every game in a game manual or something but I could be wrong.

Back