• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Bros: Restructuring the verse page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what the finished page would look like, if everything were approved as I envision it.

First of all, I removed the tabber at the top of the page, and left only the Super Mario logo, since I'm putting them farther down in the page.

Next, the second note is misleading. It says that none of the spin-offs are considered different continuities, but that is untrue, since Paper Mario takes place in its own universe. So, I changed it from
In regards to the different sub-series and spin-offs of the franchise, it should be noted that Nintendo has never regarded any of them as being a separate continuity or an alternate universe. As such, none of them should be regarded non-canon until official sources specify.
to
All non-crossover video game spin-offs, excluding the Paper Mario series, plus Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition and Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, are considered part of the same continuity, as they have never been acknowledged as different canons.

Last but very much not least, I completely restructured the "Characters" section. Here's what that comprises:
  • Each subsection gained one single box and color scheme, and the tabbers were put inside the boxes.
  • The galleries were remade.
  • The series logos, as well as the Mushroom Kingdom and Koopa Troop icons, were put in their respective sections.
  • Some color schemes were changed.
  • The "Additional characters" section's tabbers were all merged.
  • The "Koopa Troop" section was remade into two tabbers: one for individual characters and one for species.
  • The "Seven Star Children" tabber was merged with the "Mushroom Kingdom" tabber and renamed "Main characters," since the Seven Star Children are a group that was named in a single game.
  • The Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi sections gained a tabber for recurring characters.
  • Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Wario were moved to their respective sections.
  • Birdo and Waluigi were moved to the "Additional characters" section.
  • The Star Children's, the Koopalings', and Bowser Jr.'s emblems were replaced by their images.
  • Several other images were replaced.

Last edited:
Here's what the finished page would look like, if everything were approved as I envision it.

First of all, I removed the tabber at the top of the page, and left only the Super Mario logo, since I'm putting them farther down in the page.

Next, the second note is misleading. It says that none of the spin-offs are considered different continuities, but that is untrue, since Paper Mario takes place in its own universe. So, I changed it from

to

Last but very much not least, I completely restructured the "Characters" section. Here's what that comprises:
  • Each subsection gained one single box and color scheme, and the tabbers were put inside the boxes.
  • The galleries were remade.
  • The series logos, as well as the Mushroom Kingdom and Koopa Troop icons, were put in their respective sections.
  • Some color schemes were changed.
  • The "Additional characters" section's tabbers were all merged.
  • The "Koopa Troop" section was remade into two tabbers: one for individual characters and one for species.
  • The "Seven Star Children" tabber was merged with the "Mushroom Kingdom" tabber, since the Seven Star Children are a group that was named in a single game.
  • The Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi sections gained a tabber for recurring characters.
  • Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Wario were moved to their respective sections.
  • Birdo and Waluigi were moved to the "Additional characters" section.
  • The Star Children's, the Koopalings', and Bowser Jr.'s emblems were replaced by their images.
  • Several other images were replaced.
This looks very nice! I fully agree.

Great job. 👍 I think that the "Mushroom Kingdom" subsection of the "Characters" section should be changed though.
  • Daisy is the princess of Sarasaland, so she doesn't live in the Mushroom Kingdom.
  • Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad are far from the only characters on the page that are residents of the Mushroom Kingdom. I think that the subsection should be named something that's not "Mushroom Kingdom". Perhaps "Main Quadrio" would suffice?

Not at all, but how would I format Bowser's height calculation?
Something like Extended Melee Range to Several Meters (1.55 m to 6.2 m)
Okay, not exactly what I had in mind, but this'll do. And call me OCD, but I prefer you use the cm for Mini Mario's height rather than the meters. Something like 56.6 cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back