• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario discussion 9.5:Forum's inside story

Yeah I think Luigi probably should have a Dreamy Luigi key. Honestly surprised he hasn't yet? Like, it's a special form and has massively different abilities and showings than Base
Yeah I’m honestly shocked too. I’m pretty sure it’s heavily implied that Luigi’s abilities are heavily boosted and has several different abilities. Like being able to almost endlessly multiply, turn into a giant, manipulate different elements, etc without power ups.

Also the M and L games have a lot of feats for fodder characters. In Bowsers Minions and Bowser Juniors Journey, you can make a team full of characters such as Goombas, Koopa Troopas, etc and they can harm and even defeat characters on Fawful, Midbus, and even on the Kooplings level. There’s also a bunch of intelligence and stamina feats for Bowser Jr. as he was capable of leading his dads army and defeating Fawfuls army. He was also capable of fighting his dad over like 700+ plus times and stay on par with him at the end of his fight against him, I’m not joking lol! And of course, their are several Mario rpg characters that deserve profiles such as Starlow, Prince Peasley, Popple, Pillodium, Yoob, Dreamburt, etc.

Dreamy Luigi could even get some form of godly Regen potentially or at least resurrection due to being able to manifest whenever and wherever. Possibly even pseudo-omnipresence due to the acknowledgement from Dreambert that Luigi basically is everywhere because the dream IS Luigi too

Dreamy Luigi could even get some form of godly Regen potentially or at least resurrection due to being able to manifest whenever and wherever. Possibly even pseudo-omnipresence due to the acknowledgement from Dreambert that Luigi basically is everywhere because the dream IS Luigi too
Yeah I could see that being the case as Dreamy Luigi is literally just apart of the dream. If he died, he could just kinda come back lol (Dreamy Luigi being a 2-B and being hard to permanently kill is cool and funny to me lol) Would this apply to Bowser in his own dream too?
And yeah Jr.'s Journey basically confirmed Jr. is above everyone but Bowser and definitely is comparable to his Father now
Yeah Bowser Jr. is just a bit below his father and Kamek should be comparable but overall below Bowser and probably Jr. as he’s one of the more powerful minions and actually causes trouble for the Mario Bros when he does take action.

Where is this from?

Also apparently Matter Splatter in Japanese has a mission called "The Road of Super/Hyperspace"

In it things constantly blip out of existence so it actually could show the Marioverse is 4-D
If it says "superspace" that's even crazier cause that's like definitely Tier 2 range and could be used as support for the Low 1-C thing proposed a while back. It can be translated as both and varies across the other versions too

Form your own thoughts
Yeah this will definitely support a Low 1-C change as Mario’s literally “ascends to a higher plane of existence” and with the “super”, “hyper”, “ultra”, “void” space translations, we could get Tier 2 to possibly Tier 1 range.

Idk if it would provide a literal tier of Low 1-C for Mario or if it would just be Tier 1 hax though.

Nah. Apparently "Hyperspace" here is just referring to a place where you're able to travel faster than light, you know, like sci-fi examples of Hyperspace? That's what an old Mario supporter told me. It's a fictional space (Mario's world) where wacky things happen so apparently Mario's entire universe must be a hyperspace then and fit definition 2. They ignore that the faster than light travel part often is associated with the fourth dimension with hyperspace anyways and is a subset of the first definition referring to a space with more than three dimensions.

I think that was a dumb argument and they think this is a dumb argument so I guess we're mutually stubborn dumbasses.

Given the other translations across versions referring to Hyperspace/superspace or hyper/super-dimensionality and the fact this is a place you visit and not a literal plot device excuse for FTL travel within Mario (which is a pretty silly argument imo) I think it qualifies as 4D. Objects blink in and out of existence and the background is a green swirly mist like other depictions of higher dimensional hyperspace. Everything I've read up on Hyperspace and for the definitions support the dimensionality imo.

Hell the fact the kanji can independently be viewed as having "void" in there that also supports the fact some depictions of hyperspace are just a dark void, and we see that the other sections of this Hyperspace are literally black voids too.

Nah. Apparently "Hyperspace" here is just referring to a place where you're able to travel faster than light, you know, like sci-fi examples of Hyperspace? That's what an old Mario supporter told me. It's a fictional space (Mario's world) where wacky things happen so apparently Mario's entire universe must be a hyperspace then and fit definition 2. They ignore that the faster than light travel part often is associated with the fourth dimension with hyperspace anyways and is a subset of the first definition referring to a space with more than three dimensions.

I think that was a dumb argument and they think this is a dumb argument so I guess we're mutually stubborn dumbasses.

Given the other translations across versions referring to Hyperspace/superspace or hyper/super-dimensionality and the fact this is a place you visit and not a literal plot device excuse for FTL travel within Mario (which is a pretty silly argument imo) I think it qualifies as 4D. Objects blink in and out of existence and the background is a green swirly mist like other depictions of higher dimensional hyperspace. Everything I've read up on Hyperspace and for the definitions support the dimensionality imo.
Hell the fact the kanji can independently be viewed as having "void" in there that also supports the fact some depictions of hyperspace are just a dark void, and we see that the other sections of this Hyperspace are literally black voids too.
Yeah the Mario-verse is definitely 4-D and yeah, I agree with you 100%. That argument from that one supporter is dumb imo. So Mario’s just going faster than light and the dimensional stuff and the things popping in and out of existence is just the Mario verse being a wacky universe? That doesn’t even make a lot of sense and it’s honestly downplaying 4-D Mario.

Idk why they were so against it. They believe Mario is 2-C and 2-A and even Tier 1 I feel like the Hyperspace shit is way less contrived than the loops we have to go through justifying those ratings
Definitely. The ratings we have on the Mario-verse make NO sense at all imo. Why should Dimentio be Low 2-C but not everyone else and why should Zeekeeper be 2-B if we’re not going to have a tier for Luigi beating him? It’s just an infinite loophole of ratings that makes no sense.

Personally I think Low 2-C at peak for everyones base should be back considering all the evidence for Low 2-C to be back. And we should have a “Dreamy Luigi” key for Luigi and a “In his dream world” key for Bowser by the next CRT. However we probably need to deal with Color Splash concept manip first and compile up Mario Party ability feats first.

Bump. Also is there any Mario Party game or even Mario game in general that could be used to gather feats, powers/abilities, etc that hasn’t been looked at yet? If so, I might have time to look for Mario stuff if needed.

I don't believe Top 100 was looked at but if might give BJ something since he replaced Koopa Kid. One can make the argument Koopa Kid has since been retconned into Bowser Jr even, making it possible Koopa Kid wouldn't have a profile and all his abilities and feats just go to Jr.

And I don't think Island Tour was looked at either. DS also was missing some things for specific people like Dry Bones using petrification.

Bump. Haven’t had much time as I thought to look at Mario stuff but I realized that some characters don’t even power ups on their profile.

Also this might be a very stupid question but when an item in Mario party decreases a characters dice block roll, is that just game mechanics or could it be an ability such as power nullification. Again it’s probably me looking into things to far and it’s probably just game mechanics but I thought it was interesting.

Bump. I’m working on compiling up some Mario abilities and I’m starting with the Mario RPGs as we can GREATLY enhance some already existing abilities on his profile. His probability manipulation should be greatly boosted from what I’ve found so is things like his healing, forcefield creation, statistics amplification and reduction, invulnerability, etc. I also might look at Mario Party Island Tour, Mario Party DS, and mayybe Mario Party The Top 100.

Bump. I’m working on compiling up some Mario abilities and I’m starting with the Mario RPGs as we can GREATLY enhance some already existing abilities on his profile. His probability manipulation should be greatly boosted from what I’ve found so is things like his healing, forcefield creation, statistics amplification and reduction, invulnerability, etc. I also might look at Mario Party Island Tour, Mario Party DS, and mayybe Mario Party The Top 100.
Should I find & link that Mario Fodder TTYD Items Revision I never got around to finishing?

That would be cool! Is it just a sandbox or an actual entire CRT you’re about to post?
An incomplete CRT I started a while back. The big problem is I have the documentation that gives all the info, but it's actually translating & transcribing the info to words is a pain; I want the item probabilities, what they do, who can have what, & maybe how the AI uses them, too.

For those curious, the premise is simply this: In TTYD, enemies can spawn into battle with Badges &/or items, & they are affected by these Badges, & can use these Items. Each individual instance of an enemy will only have a singular item OR a singular badge, but it's still noteworthy, especially if we consider that this stuff the TTYD versions have extends to other incarnations of those enemies.

Anyway, here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/mario-revision-badges-items.122418/

If anyone can help with organizing who gets what & which items & which badges are which abilities, that'd be a big help. Maybe making descriptions for what the Items/Badges are listed as doing on the profile (Ex: In an Equipment section, & possibly also a Powers/Abilities Section.), that'd be a big help.

An incomplete CRT I started a while back. The big problem is I have the documentation that gives all the info, but it's actually translating & transcribing the info to words is a pain; I want the item probabilities, what they do, who can have what, & maybe how the AI uses them, too.

For those curious, the premise is simply this: In TTYD, enemies can spawn into battle with Badges &/or items, & they are affected by these Badges, & can use these Items. Each individual instance of an enemy will only have a singular item OR a singular badge, but it's still noteworthy, especially if we consider that this stuff the TTYD versions have extends to other incarnations of those enemies.

Anyway, here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/mario-revision-badges-items.122418/

If anyone can help with organizing who gets what & which items & which badges are which abilities, that'd be a big help. Maybe making descriptions for what the Items/Badges are listed as doing on the profile (Ex: In an Equipment section, & possibly also a Powers/Abilities Section.), that'd be a big help.
That’s probably good to add imo as 3 mods accepted it!

I’m about to create a sandbox for my Mario compilation of abilities and when I’m done I’ll link it here so I can get second opinions on what I’ve found. (Note that I’m still compiling abilities and this is just a rough draft of everything I’ve found)

That’s probably good to add imo as 3 mods accepted it!
Yes, I'm aware. The problem is I have yet to bring myself around to detailing what needs to be added.
There's several different species who each have several different badges or items they can have, & the Items, Badges & resulting P&A need to be detailed & listed, even assuming that causes no problems.
I'm lazy, but if anyone wants to help me work out what Items/Badges are what P&A, feel free.
I’m about to create a sandbox for my Mario compilation of abilities
As in, just for Mario himself?
and when I’m done I’ll link it here so I can get second opinions on what I’ve found. (Note that I’m still compiling abilities and this is just a rough draft of everything I’ve found)
Regardless of the answer to my previous question in this post, this sounds good to me.

Yes, I'm aware. The problem is I have yet to bring myself around to detailing what needs to be added.
There's several different species who each have several different badges or items they can have, & the Items, Badges & resulting P&A need to be detailed & listed, even assuming that causes no problems.
I'm lazy, but if anyone wants to help me work out what Items/Badges are what P&A, feel free.
I completely understand. Idk if I’m experienced enough to add anything to profiles but I sure can look at abilities for the badges the enemies carry that you haven’t found if you want.

As in, just for Mario himself?

Regardless of the answer to my previous question in this post, this sounds good to me.
As in compile abilities that I find for several characters and throw them in a sandbox for anyone to use for a big Mario CRT or when I feel like I have found enough abilities and feel like creating a CRT or something like that. And know that I’m stuck on mobile atm so it’s probably going look terrible lmao.

I completely understand. Idk if I’m experienced enough to add anything to profiles but I sure can look at abilities for the badges the enemies carry that you haven’t found if you want.
I'd appreciate if you could find the time to do that & post about your findings in the thread.
As in compile abilities that I find for several characters and throw them in a sandbox for anyone to use for a big Mario CRT or when I feel like I have found enough abilities and feel like creating a CRT or something like that. And know that I’m stuck on mobile atm so it’s probably going look terrible lmao.
Oh good to know.
Being stuck on mobile must be harsh. Don't you have a desktop or laptop computer?

I'd appreciate if you could find the time to do that & post about your findings in the thread.

Oh good to know.
Being stuck on mobile must be harsh. Don't you have a desktop or laptop computer?
Yeah I do have a laptop but it’s having major problems such as the mouse just not appearing at times, it erasing whatever I do randomly as if it refreshed the page (This is especially annoying when I have stuff concerning school), and it taking forever to load. I’m getting it looked at this week but for now I’m stuck on mobile :(

Yeah I do have a laptop but it’s having major problems such as the mouse just not appearing at times, it erasing whatever I do randomly as if it refreshed the page (This is especially annoying when I have stuff concerning school), and it taking forever to load. I’m getting it looked at this week but for now I’m stuck on mobile :(
Oof. I hope your circumstances get better soon.

Oof. I hope your circumstances get better soon.
Thank you. For now all I can offer is an extremely mediocre and not well done sandbox of abilities that I’ll post sooner or later lol! (What makes this difficult is I have to go off the Mario wiki for abilities concerning gears, badges, and battle cards otherwise I’d have to marathon like 10 Mario RPGs on YouTube lmao. And mobile makes it even more difficult to link stuff lmao)

Thank you. For now all I can offer is an extremely mediocre and not well done sandbox of abilities that I’ll post sooner or later lol! (What makes this difficult is I have to go off the Mario wiki for abilities concerning gears, badges, and battle cards otherwise I’d have to marathon like 10 Mario RPGs on YouTube lmao. And mobile makes it even more difficult to link stuff lmao)
In the CRT I linked, there are some links to documentation about info for Items & Badges in TTYD. But of course, that's hardly all the inventorial content in the Mario franchise.
Good luck!

Bump. So I’m still working on compiling abilities and don’t expect it to soon because although I know it’s not going to turn out that great and theoretically I could just link it know, I want to compile the best list as possible so I’m not constantly changing things.

However I did find something interesting , on the Wario Master Of Disguise Treasure List (Blue category; Number 30) there’s a item called String Theory Soup. Is this of any significance or no?

Back