• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Demon Slayer Revision

I've applied the changes that CloverDragon03 approved which still leaves the issue with Zenitsu's Lifting Strength justification as something that still needs to be dealt with. Also, I've noticed that Tanjiro's Attack Potency in his Post-Pillar Training key scales to Akaza which isn't the case with Lifting Strength right now, so should that be changed or left as it is right now?

I've noticed that Zenitsu's Lifting Strength justification for his first key sounds a lot like stuff that Inosuke did while I don't recall Zenitsu doing any of that. Did someone do a mistake here?
I've noticed that Tanjiro's Attack Potency in his Post-Pillar Training key scales to Akaza which isn't the case with Lifting Strength right now, so should that be changed or left as it is right now?
Bump.

I've noticed that Zenitsu's Lifting Strength justification for his first key sounds a lot like stuff that Inosuke did while I don't recall Zenitsu doing any of that. Did someone do a mistake here?
Probably, but the lifting rocks part should be true.
I've applied the changes that CloverDragon03 approved which still leaves the issue with Zenitsu's Lifting Strength justification as something that still needs to be dealt with. Also, I've noticed that Tanjiro's Attack Potency in his Post-Pillar Training key scales to Akaza which isn't the case with Lifting Strength right now, so should that be changed or left as it is right now?
Changed to what?

Probably, but the lifting rocks part should be true.

Changed to what?
It probably is true but I don't think that we've actually seen Zenitsu do that unlike with Inosuke, so Zenitsu having that justification while Inosuke lacks it is just odd.

The question is basically if Tanjiro's Lifting Strength should be scaled to Akaza since his Attack Potency already scales to Akaza.

It probably is true but I don't think that we've actually seen Zenitsu do that unlike with Inosuke, so Zenitsu having that justification while Inosuke lacks it is just odd.

The question is basically if Tanjiro's Lifting Strength should be scaled to Akaza since his Attack Potency already scales to Akaza.
So I think we should remove it and change the justification to "Scales to Inosuke"

I think it should since a demon's AP and LS are both directly proportional and reliant on the same factors, so if you scale to one of them, you should scale to the other.

So I think we should remove it and change the justification to "Scales to Inosuke"

I think it should since a demon's AP and LS are both directly proportional and reliant on the same factors, so if you scale to one of them, you should scale to the other.
I would be fine with that though I would change the justification "Should be comparable to Inosuke" instead. There isn't much of an argument that could be made against that if the justification blatantly refers to the feats of another character.

Well, the reasoning is already accepted, so if no one has anything against it, I'll just change it accordingly.

Last edited:
I would be fine with that though I would change the justification "Should be comparable to Inosuke" instead. There isn't much of an argument that could be made against that if the justification blatantly refers to the feats of another character.

Well, the reasoning is already accepted, so if no one has anything against it, I'll just change it accordingly.
I've made the changes.

There is also still this issue left especially if we want to make the specifications for the amounts of tons on the Lifting Strength section of the Kimetsu no Yaiba verse page uniform. Given that 1 ton is equal to 1000 kilograms and that this is the logic that Spider Demon Father's tree swinging feat's tons specification follows I'd say that 17199 kg can be noted as 17.2 Tons and 81621 kg as 81.62 Tons.
I've adjusted the tons values of the boulder pushing feats in the Lifting Strength section of the verse page to be more in line with the tree swinging feat and the values specified in kilograms on the calculation blog they are on.

Since Tengen was poisoned at the very beginning of the fight against Gyutaro and got noticeably weakened I would instead just have Gyutaro upscale from Enmu.
There is still the matter of downgrading Gyutaro's Lifting Strength. Does anyone have something to say about this?

There's no proof that Tengen's LS got significantly weaker after he got poisoned especially since he could still wield his weapons just fine
It is clear though that he got weaker and his weapons are nowhere near the weight where Class 25 wouldn't be enough to wield them as far as I'm aware. Gyutaro's current Lifting Strength rating was also applied without a CRT and it would put Gyutaro's Lifting Strength above Akaza who considered Kyojuro's strength to be unbelievable who in turn has explicitly lower Lifting Strength than Tengen. You should also keep in mind that Tanjiro in his Post-Rehabilitation Training key with his Demon Slayer Mark and his Post-Type Zero Training key, Nezuko and Genya would scale to Gyutaro and there is also Gyokko and Hantengu.

Last edited:
It is clear though that he got weaker
Unquantifiably, sure. And Gyutaro's poison mainly just wears the target down and eventually causes death rather than decreasing their stats. No real poison does that too afaik
Gyutaro's current Lifting Strength rating was also applied without a CRT and it would put Gyutaro's Lifting Strength above Akaza who considered Kyojuro's strength to be unbelievable who in turn has explicitly lower Lifting Strength than Tengen.
I'm gonna be honest, that arm wrestling thing can be pretty wack sometimes, I would suggest not using it in the first place due to situations like Kyojuro being unable to cut through Akaza's neck while Iguro being able to do so for Muzan just fine. Then you could also argue Shinobu also pierced the neck of a demon with high dura than Akaza. This is just a case of Death to the Author fallacy in my opinion, and I think we should scale LS using other means, or just have all of them be comparable to one another. This honestly could need a separate CRT.

Unquantifiably, sure. And Gyutaro's poison mainly just wears the target down and eventually causes death rather than decreasing their stats. No real poison does that too afaik
If you're literally dying you're probably not as strong as usual lol
I'm gonna be honest, that arm wrestling thing can be pretty wack sometimes, I would suggest not using it in the first place due to situations like Kyojuro being unable to cut through Akaza's neck while Iguro being able to do so for Muzan just fine. Then you could also argue Shinobu also pierced the neck of a demon with high dura than Akaza. This is just a case of Death to the Author fallacy in my opinion, and I think we should scale LS using other means, or just have all of them be comparable to one another. This honestly could need a separate CRT.
I mean I think cutting isn't just pure LS, it's technique, speed, positioning and breathing skill too, LS is only one factor, I don't think they contrast each other like that. Plus no matter what Shinobu's very canonical lack of strength makes the whole thing muddy no matter how you look at it

That's how it is in Tengen's case because of his high poison resistance. Inosuke described Gyutaro's blood slashes as being able to kill with a scratch and Gyutaro outright said that the poison will kill Tanjiro after he stabbed him, so they definitely aren't mainly about wearing a target down. I'd also say that a person would also have the amount of strength they can actually exert reduced if they are worn down enough though that doesn't seem to be the case for Tengen since he was able to keep fighting for a while. In episode 8 of the Entertainment District arc Tengen outright blamed the fact that he got poisoned for a seriously injured Tanjiro having to keep fighting, so it does seem like as if his performance was hampered by the poison. The series shows us that the poisons used against Gyutaro and Doma noticeably weakened them, so Gyutaro's poison weakening Tengen wouldn't be unusual.

Piercing would require less strength than completely curring through something and cutting or piercing necks would be a matter of Attack Potency not Lifting Strength. That's why Shinobu and Obanai have much lower Lifting Strength than other characters on their level and they also have explicit statements of having lower arm strength on top of that ranking. If you really have enough evidence to completely refute the ranking, then you can put that in a separate CRT since you'll need one for that sort of change in my opinion.

Last edited:
If you're literally dying you're probably not as strong as usual lol
I was referring to Gyutaro's poison specifically reducing stats akin to a debuff (which many think to be the case), not that posion doesn't make you weaker.
I mean I think cutting isn't just pure LS, it's technique, speed, positioning and breathing skill too
I was referring to the arm wrestling competition by the author being used to rank the Pillars in terms of arm strength/LS, not what factors contribute to cutting. And Tanjiro drew a connection between arm strength and the ability to cut the necks of demons in episode 10, though you could say that Gyu was stationary and in that position strength is essentially the only thing you're counting on.
so Gyutaro's poison weakening Tengen wouldn't be unusual.
But using that to downscale Gyu's LS wouldn't make sense unless its proven that Tengen's decrease in LS (if any at all) is substantial enough.
Piercing would require less strength than completely curring through something and cutting or piercing necks would be a matter of Attack Potency not Lifting Strength. That's why Shinobu and Obanai have much lower Lifting Strength than other characters on their level and they also have explicit statements of having lower arm strength on top of that ranking. If you really have enough evidence to completely refute the ranking, then you can put that in a separate CRT since you'll need one for that sort of change in my opinion.
I'm just pointing out how we shouldn't use the arm wrestling competition in a way that downscales Gyutaro because he scales to Tengen who has higher LS than Kyojuro who has higher LS than Akaza which doesn't make sense as you pointed out.

To be fair, there is one solution which is just arguing that since all slayers grow in battle and get stronger as they fight, Kyojuro's LS (along with his other stats) would've increased to the point he surpassed Tengen's LS (which Gyutaro scales to) as well as Akaza's LS.

Last edited:
I was referring to the arm wrestling competition by the author being used to rank the Pillars in terms of arm strength/LS, not what factors contribute to cutting. And Tanjiro drew a connection between arm strength and the ability to cut the necks of demons in episode 10, though you could say that Gyu was stationary and in that position strength is essentially the only thing you're counting on.

But using that to downscale Gyu's LS wouldn't make sense unless its proven that Tengen's decrease in LS (if any at all) is substantial enough.

I'm just pointing out how we shouldn't use the arm wrestling competition in a way that downscales Gyutaro because he scales to Tengen who has higher LS than Kyojuro who has higher LS than Akaza which doesn't make sense as you pointed out.

To be fair, there is one solution which is just arguing that since all slayers grow in battle and get stronger as they fight, Kyojuro's LS (along with his other stats) would've increased to the point he surpassed Tengen's LS (which Gyutaro scales to) as well as Akaza's LS.
Armwrestling would only count for Lifting Strength since that is about continuous pushing. That's very different from actually swinging your arms, so Tanjiro's words in that scene have no connection to Lifting Strength especially since he is also talking about the strength of his whole body.

It makes sense with the arm wrestling competition, so you would have to prove that we should consider that ranking invalid.

That Tengen is weakened and there are cases of poison weakening someone to massive degrees, so that alone is insufficient to disprove the ranking.

I don't think that this sort of thing has been applied to the profiles, so that would be a topic for another thread.

Armwrestling would only count for Lifting Strength since that is about continuous pushing. That's very different from actually swinging your arms, so Tanjiro's words in that scene have no connection to Lifting Strength especially since he is also talking about the strength of his whole body.
I'm talking about the scene where Gyutaro was pinned down by Tanjiro's sword when he got headbutted, not when he awakens the mark so I should've been clearer.
That Tengen is weakened and there are cases of poison weakening someone to massive degrees, so that alone is insufficient to disprove the ranking.
I'm not using the instance to disprove the ranking. Rather, I'm calling out how it doesn't make sense to use it to downscale Gyutaro's LS which was the main reason behind this discussion.

I'm talking about the scene where Gyutaro was pinned down by Tanjiro's sword when he got headbutted, not when he awakens the mark so I should've been clearer.

I'm not using the instance to disprove the ranking. Rather, I'm calling out how it doesn't make sense to use it to downscale Gyutaro's LS which was the main reason behind this discussion.
I don't know what translation you've watched but when I look up the episode and the corresponding chapter I only see Tanjiro talking about strength in general without even mentioning arms and like you yourself said in that position you'd primarily rely on strength.

Gyutaro would upscale from Enmu and that would replace a rating that was put on the profile without a CRT, so there is nothing wrong with that and we aren't just arbitrarily deciding a new rating based on downscaling from Tengen. Changing the current Lifting Strength rating makes sense in the context of Tengen being weakened by poison and having better Lifting Strength than Kyojuro. Considering that the Lifting Strength rating that is currently on Gyutaro's profile doesn't make much sense when you consider everything else that is currently accepted it's better that it gets changed for the sake of consistency and if there is something wrong with the reasons why it is getting changed, then that should be discussed in another thread, so that this one can finally be finished.

Last edited:
Possibly? Not sure I'm the one to ask it's been a while
The issue is that Gyutaro fought a Tengen who was weakened by Gyutaro's poison and that Gyutaro's current Lifting Strength rating puts him above Akaza's Lifting Strength which doesn't make any sense with the current scaling. It doesn't help that this rating was applied without a CRT.

Back