• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Demon Slayer Revision

Also since Rui and those who scale to him are far above Spider Demon Father would an at least be appropriate to add to the rating?
Yes
Another issue is that the 0.008 calculation, which is for the same feat that has the Class 25 calculation, isn't used on the profiles right now and even the 9-A characters that should scale far above Spider Demon Father still use the 0.006 calculation, so shouldn't that be taken care of as well?
Yes

While there are reasons for why we accept lightning speed for Kimetsu no Yaiba calculations that isn't the original topic of this thread and I'd rather focus on the topics that I brought up in this post that I'm quoting here.
Yeah, that's fine. The likes of, for example, Rui and Hinokami Kagura Tanjiro should scale above the Father Spider Demon

Yeah, that's fine. The likes of, for example, Rui and Hinokami Kagura Tanjiro should scale above the Father Spider Demon
I've updated the verse and the Lower Moons and those who are comparable are scaling to 0.008 Tons now with the 8-C's scaling to 100x of that. The Lower Moons and the demons above them have now all been changed to at least Class 25 if they didn't already have a rating superior to that. This still leaves the matter of scaling the demon slayers to the Lifting Strength of the demons they are comparable to.

Well, there is Makomo explaining to Tanjiro how Total Concentration Breathing is used by humans to become as powerful as demons and growth in strength does seem to generally correlate with increased Lifting Strength in the series though there are cases like Shinobu and Obanai who explicitly lack arm strength compared to the other Pillars.

I'm not sure how much this would count for Lifting Strength but there is Gyutaro not being able to pull his sickle out of Tanjiro's chin after he awakened his mark.
This might go hand in hand with a Lifting Strength downgrade for Gyutaro.

I would actually be inclined to downgrade Gyutaro since Tengen was weakened by Gyutaro's poison.

I've applied the Class 25 rating to the verse page, Spider Demon Father and the Twelve Demon Moons since that was already agreed upon. One thing that I got confused about is how the numbers for the tons are supposed to work since the calculation results are in kilograms and differ from the number of tons that are specified when converted to the metric tons even if I round. I can't really see how 17199 kg converts to 19 tons.
There is also still this issue left especially if we want to make the specifications for the amounts of tons on the Lifting Strength section of the Kimetsu no Yaiba verse page uniform. Given that 1 ton is equal to 1000 kilograms and that this is the logic that Spider Demon Father's tree swinging feat's tons specification follows I'd say that 17199 kg can be noted as 17.2 Tons and 81621 kg as 81.62 Tons.

This still leaves the matter of scaling the demon slayers to the Lifting Strength of the demons they are comparable to.

This might go hand in hand with a Lifting Strength downgrade for Gyutaro.
Since the characters' Lifting Strength generally improves as they get stronger and Makomo said that Total Concentration Breathing is used to match demons in strength which is also backed up by Rengoku and Tanjiro's feats against Akaza and Gyutaro respectively I'd scale the demon slayers to the demons they are comparable to unless they explicitly lack arm strength like Shinobu and Obanai.

Since Tengen was poisoned at the very beginning of the fight against Gyutaro and got noticeably weakened I would instead just have Gyutaro upscale from Enmu.

Last edited:
There is also still this issue left especially if we want to make the specifications for the amounts of tons on the Lifting Strength section of the Kimetsu no Yaiba verse page uniform. Given that 1 ton is equal to 1000 kilograms and that this is the logic that Spider Demon Father's tree swinging feat's tons specification follows I'd say that 17199 kg can be noted as 17.2 Tons and 81621 kg as 81.62 Tons.
Since the characters' Lifting Strength generally improves as they get stronger and Makomo said that Total Concentration Breathing is used to match demons in strength which is also backed up by Rengoku and Tanjiro's feats against Akaza and Gyutaro respectively I'd scale the demon slayers to the demons they are comparable to unless they explicitly lack arm strength like Shinobu and Obanai.

Since Tengen was poisoned at the very beginning of the fight against Gyutaro and got noticeably weakened I would instead just have Gyutaro upscale from Enmu.
Bump.

@CloverDragon03 @Armorchompy Do you have any opinions regarding this as Calc Group members? It's a small change but I'd still like to get this done.

CloverDragon03, you've argued a little bit for demon slayers scaling to demons in regards to Lifting Strength, so is there anything you have to say about my arguments regarding the Lifting Strength scaling?

Yeah sure. You can do both if you like, same way some verse pages list ap both in joules and tons of tnt.
I think that using two different kinds of tons values without clearly marking which is which would be too confusing, so I'd just stick to one.

I think that using two different kinds of tons values without clearly marking which is which would be too confusing, so I'd just stick to one.
not really, you can just say "Tons of TNT" and that's clearly AP, that's enough marking

Aah, my bad. We usually just mean metric tons when we say tons here.

Aah, my bad. We usually just mean metric tons when we say tons here.
I guess I'll have to make this more clear.

@CloverDragon03 @Armorchompy Do you have any opinions regarding this as Calc Group members? It's a small change but I'd still like to get this done.
It's purely cosmetic so I don't mind changing it to say 17.2 Tons if that's what you'd prefer. Though if I wanted to show my personal preference, I'd prefer to leave it in kg.
CloverDragon03, you've argued a little bit for demon slayers scaling to demons in regards to Lifting Strength, so is there anything you have to say about my arguments regarding the Lifting Strength scaling?
Yeah I agree with this. Demon Slayers should scale to the demons they fight and vice versa except for those who show otherwise, like Shinobu

It's purely cosmetic so I don't mind changing it to say 17.2 Tons if that's what you'd prefer. Though if I wanted to show my personal preference, I'd prefer to leave it in kg.

Yeah I agree with this. Demon Slayers should scale to the demons they fight and vice versa except for those who show otherwise, like Shinobu
They are currently not denoted as kg though. Instead they are denoted as somewhat dubious tons values like 17199 being somehow 19 Tons 81621 being 90 Tons. You just have to look at that specific section on the verse page and the calculations in order to see that.

I guess I can apply that change then.

I've applied the Lifting Strength scaling though there are a few things that I've noticed while doing so that I would like to discuss here:
  • I've given Tanjiro's second key's Lifting Strength section a "higher with Dance of the Fire God" since the first key scaling Tanjiro's Lifting Strength to Rui while he is using Dance of the Fire God implies that it strengthen Tanjiro's Lifting Strength which would also be consistent Total Concentration Breathing allowing a human to match the strength of a demon.
  • Muzan has at least Class 100 Lifting Strength and with the Lifting Strength scaling between demon slayers and demons this would scale to Tanjiro's Post-Sun Breathing Mastery and Demon Form keys as well as Yoriichi. I would like to see what others have to say about that before I apply a change like that.
  • I've noticed that Zenitsu's Lifting Strength justification for his first key sounds a lot like stuff that Inosuke did while I don't recall Zenitsu doing any of that. Did someone do a mistake here?

They said the calc is AP based, not LS
There was disagreement in the past whether jumping counts as LS or just AP, but there is good precedence now that jumping counts as LS.
So the Class K Rengoku feat should be valid.

The databook also explicitly attributes the train lifting to his stepping force.
mD0RE6Y.png

Leaping does count as LS but a dash is a bit more strike-like than a jump, which is definitely a push. I'm not sure if "stepping force" is LS in my eyes.

Rengoku could technically use the strength of legs to support him with pushing or lifting something. The question would be whether or not he can continuously output that force he displayed in that quick jump if I understand this right.

I've applied the Lifting Strength scaling though there are a few things that I've noticed while doing so that I would like to discuss here:
  • I've given Tanjiro's second key's Lifting Strength section a "higher with Dance of the Fire God" since the first key scaling Tanjiro's Lifting Strength to Rui while he is using Dance of the Fire God implies that it strengthen Tanjiro's Lifting Strength which would also be consistent Total Concentration Breathing allowing a human to match the strength of a demon.
  • Muzan has at least Class 100 Lifting Strength and with the Lifting Strength scaling between demon slayers and demons this would scale to Tanjiro's Post-Sun Breathing Mastery and Demon Form keys as well as Yoriichi. I would like to see what others have to say about that before I apply a change like that.
  • I've noticed that Zenitsu's Lifting Strength justification for his first key sounds a lot like stuff that Inosuke did while I don't recall Zenitsu doing any of that. Did someone do a mistake here?
I'd also still like input regarding this.

Bump.

Back