• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThePerpetual said:
I know I'm rather late on this one, but I'd prefer it if you didn't quote gigantic walls of text in the future. Makes it sort of difficult to sift through the arguments.
At any rate, it seems we're all in agreement that Dante and the like are at least Planet level, so if there are no objections we should probably implement those upgrades.
What? I was just talking about the Human World being atleast the size of our universe due to the stars and Earth being present within it xD. (Proof was the amount of stars and Moon which was visible on Earth)

And because Mundus managed to merge both Human and Demon worlds which are both atleast universal in size it should give him the ranking of like Low 2C.

Kingrandy7 said:
You can see tons and tons of stars during the final scene with vergil in DMC 4 Special editio
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - Vergil Ending
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - Vergil Ending

Pretty much confirms the Space/time of the Human World is Universal due to the existance of a wide amount of stars. Or MSS if you really want to be picky.

Just remember the Human World does not only account for the Earth. But it's space/time too,

So now what?

We have pretty much confirmed that the Human World is in fact Universal in terms of size and so is the Demon World.

And with Mundus merging em both together it should be like Universal-Universal+ due to putting two space/time continuum's together.

Again, that's not my point.

I am not contesting that the universe that DMC takes place in is in fact universe sized.

I am contesting that "world" means universe and not planet. We have no way of knowing what it is,

Hence, I suggests at least planet level, if not multi-solar system level based off the parallel microgalaxy creation.

Alakabamm said:
Again, that's not my point.
I am not contesting that the universe that DMC takes place in is in fact universe sized.

I am contesting that "world" means universe and not planet. We have no way of knowing what it is,

Hence, I suggests at least planet level, if not multi-solar system level based off the parallel microgalaxy creation.
Uhh what?

The universe which DMC takes place in IS the human world.. We can tell because only humans reside there rather than demons.

For Dante to go to the Demon World he would have to pass through rifts within the time/space

They are both different space/time continuums which are atleast Universal in size.

I think it should be at least planet level and we made arguments for both Multi solar system and the possibilty of universe level, so i think it should mention that on the upgrade as well

Yeah but what upgrade?

The biggest mystery was "How big exactly is the human world?" and we managed to find out that it shares the sun,moon and stars we have and further more could lead us to believe its as big as the Universe. This is where DMC takes place in 80% of the time.

Tho other 20% is taken place in the Demon World which is stated to contain endless darkness within it and has many planes and dimensions to an incredible amount. But to avoid any complications lets make it Universe so we dont wank anything.

Both two different universes which takes a lot of prep time to get to. Took Mundus 20 bloody years to regain his strength to plan his return back into the Human World.

Now we have no confusions about the size of anything and therefore are lead to believe that Mundus's merge is a Universal+ feat.

How do you differentiate between Mundus merging the two planet sized masses together and the two universes together? Where is the indication that the effect of what Mundus is doing extends past the human solar system or the milky way?

There were a lot of unknows ( for a very long time) but we firged out most of them which is cool in its own right, theres only really 1 or 2 unknowns left. Basically for the universe + feat we have to prove that mundus wasnt just taking earth by itself out of our universe while leaveing our universe there/alone

The only thing off the top of my head that comes to mind as any kind of proof is that i think it was mentioned earlier that they were the same size, but i think someone also had something to say about that has a counter.

Alakabamm said:
How do you differentiate between Mundus merging the two planet sized masses together and the two universes together? Where is the indication that the effect of what Mundus is doing extends past the human solar system or the milky way?
We already know that Mundus can do something which can far exceed that of the Solar System casually due to his creation feet which you aknowledge.

And now that we have this feat where Mundus clearly mentions his plans of Merging both Universes together and succeeds (Due to Sparda having to seperate them again) then it should speak for itself.

Alakabamm said:
But what you have to prove is that worlds mean universes. I haven't see that yet.
I just explained it to you like twice already!

Demon World is Universal because its stated as a endless an endless darkness container of chaos. Shit ton of realms within there. You yourself agreed with that notion.

Human World is also universal because it houses a shit ton of stars+constelations like our Universe does too. Plus you said that you don't disagree with the fact that the universe DMC takes place in is universal in size. And the universe which DMC takes place in is non other than the Human World!

Tldr: Demon World universal due to how its described in the scan. Human World is universal due to the shit ton of stars present within it + resembles our own universe.

No. You are missing the point and it is incredibly frustrating.

World is not an exact synonym of universe. World does not necessarily mean universe.

Where is it stated that Mundus affected the whole universe? That the world means universe?

You saying "human world = whole universe" is not substantiated.

The only way i see proving that it was not just the earth that was affected , is by looking at the way they describe the demon world in those 4 scans. they refer to the demon world has a universe. so they are already using the word "world" has an indication of a universe, at least has far as the demon world is conserned. So Is it ok to use that has a reference for world meaning universe in the case of the human world ?

how about this unknown at least 5-B or 2-C add a note saying the thing could be universe or planet

yeah so thats the tricky part to squeeze because there are 2 upgrades at the same time which ironically the 2-C is more parts to exploit than the 4-A one.....

I'm fine with the multi solar system one, not fine with the universe one.

Also, Dante now beats guilty gear with speed equalized, lmao

tbh from what i can see from the manga it did say endless darkness with light coming out nowhere (plot convinient lol) so it seems they became equal in size as time went on from what i understood in the manga

Let's face it: If Mundus wanted to take over just a single planet, he would have done so in an instant. This is a guy who can make countless star systems in a couple seconds with a casual flap of is wings.

Now let's refer to this page:

Big Bang Reference
"The World was born of Darkness"
In this specific statement, there was absolutely nothing but pure darkness. When Mundus creates his place before fighting against Dante, we see that there are countless stars in the sky. Where did those stars come from? Surely there was nothing but pure darkness before the world was created.

With regards to the world separating into two, comparing the human world as a small line compared to the demon world can refer to a single planet, but considering that a line of light happened in the absolute darkness, and the whole thing being split into two "worlds".....

This means that the world of darkness and the world of light are similar in size. Considering that there was absolutely nothing existing before the human and demon world was created would mean that these "worlds" are not planets, but something much bigger instead. If the world of light meant a solar system or a galaxy, these would have not been born from absolute darkness as there would still countless numbers of stars/galaxies already existing in the first place.

But nothing existed, at all before the world of light and darkness were created.

By the way, Mundus actually created the space during his fight with Dante. He didn't just teleport himself and Dante there.

Edit: I don't think we refer to "worlds" as solar systems of galaxies here. Only planets or universes usually.

Well, my opinion is still a maybe on the 2-C one. The human world is called a mere line in comparison to an endless demon world so it seems rather finite to me.

You can go ahead with the multi solar system one though.

Alakabamm said:
Well, my opinion is still a maybe on the 2-C one. The human world is called a mere line in comparison to an endless demon world so it seems rather finite to me.
its more like it grew overtime as it seperated so they became equal in size

Alakabamm said:
The Human World despite having the same laws and being the same size as out Universe is still described as being finite compared to the Demon World. Least we can do is say that Mundus merged a realm with similar size and etc.

And the argument for World =/= Universe kinda falls on its head when a lot of fictional verses use the terms World to describe the Universe and etc.

Alakabamm said:
I believe this is a huge clue here in what we are seeing. I don't think that solar systems or galaxies are referred to as lines.

Anyways, absolutely nothing existed before the human world as formed (even if it's a mere line). Not even stars, galaxies, or anything.

Stars are most likely fake since Mundus and Dante were below clouds.

It's also proves that they're not on another planet.

I think Demon world is universe but Mundus can conquer only Earth.

1)Mundus has army of demons so even if they will consume universe it would be feat of entire demon world.

2)It takes prep. They fought with people over years so imagine how many years it would take to merge entire universe.

Mergining of universes implies that you can merge it nearly instantly and with your power alone.

Mascotman said:
Stars are most likely fake since Mundus and Dante were below clouds.
It's also proves that they're not on another planet.

I think Demon world is universe but Mundus can conquer only Earth.

1)Mundus has army of demons so even if they will consume universe it would be feat of entire demon world.

2)It takes prep. They fought with people over years so imagine how many years it would take to merge entire universe.

Mergining of universes implies that you can merge it nearly instantly and with your power alone.
the stars aren't fake even with the clouds that is mundus's own dimension so he can make it on however he sees fit besides the merge was in a short timeframe

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
So now what?
We have pretty much confirmed that the Human World is in fact Universal in terms of size and so is the Demon World.

And with Mundus merging em both together it should be like Universal-Universal+ due to putting two space/time continuum's together.
Basically this.

Both Human and Demon Worlds are explicitly shown as being Universal in size. If the Human World has constelations and similat positions of the moon and sun it wont be a stretch to say it shares our Univere also. And because Demon World is shown as being bigger than the Human World we can just say that they are both universal time/space continums.

Also World =/= Universe argument does not make sense when the worlds in question are Universal in size...

Therefore Mundus merging em is a Universal+ feat

So yeah this is the conclusion I guess. Unless there are any huge contradictions/objections.

the stars aren't fake even with the clouds that is mundus's own dimension so he can make it on however he sees fit

Then we can't count this feat by normal standarts and feat is nothing then.

And probably outlier too

well even so the merge was really quick also that thing isn't an outliner as Dante managed to reached that level of strength with his own powers...

Mundus just opened space-time rift and let his army destroy humans.

Nothing universal.It's not his power alone and takes prep

no he merged the space-time continiumm of 2 universes and the time syncronized

What we have so far is pretty simple. Mundus created his own dimention with tons and tons of stars which u clearly see untill a bunch of inasne storm clouds block your view, and then the universe merging feat, which so far the pickle with that has been the meaning of "World" in this fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back