• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara's Low 6-B with Tengai Shinsei Downgrade

I don't think so about just having them in mid air like that. Jutsu happens the moment they finish their hand signs and alcapl out the name of their attack

The most likely thing is that they were pulled from space

Saying that they were in the atmosphere already means that madara somehow,without his rinnegan,held up two meteors

This is impossible so it is pretty clear that even if they aren't on fire they were pulled from space

Problem is that it isn't shown to be from space and isn't even ablated. There are two other meteor feats off the top of my head with better evidence to use the higher speeds and both of the calcs had to use ablation speeds from the atmosphere rather than space.

It's impossible for them to not be from space though

He didn't have his Rinnegan on until he used the Jutsu so there is no way that he held the meteor's in the atmosphere until he used the jutsu which means that he pulled them from space when he turned on the Rinnegan and used the jutsu

We are assuming that because it is literally impossible to be from anywhere else. It is not. cT and it is not a summoning, do you think that meteors are just hanging around in the sky?

Going by several other calcs which have more reasons why they should be from space in compassion to this one. We don't assume Jellal's or Gremmy's meteorite is from space because we don't know where they came from. Both of which were ablated, so they have a lot more going for them than this meteorite which isn't even ablated. It's our wiki standards, if we don't see them coming from space then we can't assume they do.

The meteor lieterally has to be from space

Here is the order of events.

Madara fights the allied shinobi forces

Naruto throws a rasenshuriken

Madara activates his Rinnegan for the first time since he was resurrected and absorbs the rasenshuriken.

Madara talks to kabuto and then pulls the meteor down

Now if the meteor didn't come from space where did it come from

It can't have been chilling in the atmosphere already because it would naturally have just fell down onto everyone while Madara was fighting

It can't have been held up in the atmosphere by Madara since he didn't have his Rinnegan active until right before he uses the jutsu

The only place it could have came from was space this is clearly a case of the author just forgot

The author forgetting means nothing as whatever he forgot to include is not canon. That reasoning could be used for literally every meteor feat that doesn't show us the origin of the meteor.

Again, if it wasn't ablated then it didn't come from space. I seriously doubt that it's just a case of the author forgetting to draw the meteorites being ablated, this seems like an excuse to me in order to High ball this calc. As I said above, it's wiki standards to assume that the meteorite didn't fall from space if we don't see that. It's why Jellal and Gremmy got downgraded. This is no different, especially whenever there's a lot less evidence for this coming from space in compassion to the others. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2914659?useskin=oasis

Here's the conversation Don't Talk discussed about meteorites. You can argue semantics about this being a Author Inconsistency all you want which isn't a valid argument to begin with since I can use that argument for just about anything, but you'd need to make a CRT about how we treat meteorites as a whole. I don't see any reason why Naruto should get a free pass here.

AnonymousBlank said:
The author forgetting means nothing as whatever he forgot to include is not canon. That reasoning could be used for literally every meteor feat that doesn't show us the origin of the meteor.
That's true but in this case it is impossible for the meteor to not be from space it can not have been sitting in the atmosphere like what is being suggested

Calaca Vs said:
Let's not bring the moon since the Otsutsuki are supossed to be from there prior to Hagoromo.
no?

The otsutsuki are from another dimension, Hamura and Other otsutsuki moved there after it was created to protect the Gedou mazou

I like the fact though that y'all literally think it was just hanging in MID AIR like goodness the meteors just happened to be in the sky? while yes feats > assumption there's also something that can be common sense since it literally shows to be above cloud lvl

It's probably best to find a raw databook entry on the jutsu.

By classification, this isn't a meteor, this is an asteroid. Asteroids are most likely to be found in the asteroid belt, or near the sun. The Naruto wiki says it is drawn from the upper atmosphere, then their wording changes later where it says a second one can be "summoned". The fact that it says "upper atmosphere" disproves the possibility of it coming from space as well.

It's impossible for multiple potential life-wiping asteroids of this size to be orbiting the Earth so close that it can be drawn down in seconds or minutes. Not only is it impossible, but it can't be proven through the manga. 100 meteors hit the Earth annually, with largest being around 66 tons iirc.

Well then everything we know about it is an assumption from a one-panel excerpt from a fodder calling it a meteor, and the name itself being derived from a video game. There's also a manga panel of sensor ninja from HQ calling it a giant boulder.

Kinetic energy can't be accurately used here because we don't have a decent estimation of where exactly it came from, and the best solution seems like potential energy.

As far as shape and size goes, isn't there another shot of the complete Susanoo forming and towering besides the gigantic meteorite? I know damage did a calculation for mass already, but if that wasn't only in the anime that could be used for reference too.

BlackeJan said:
I like the fact though that y'all literally think it was just hanging in MID AIR like goodness the meteors just happened to be in the sky? while yes feats > assumption there's also something that can be common sense since it literally shows to be above cloud lvl
Then, once more, stop complaining as that's how we already deal with meteor feats. Other feats with more backing for coming from space don't get any special treatment, so neither will this. Make a CRT to change how we deal with meteors or drop it, as you are getting nowhere with that.

There is a shot of it with the Perfect Susano'o, but it's been split and heavily damaged.

@LSir

It ain't complaining but common sense to know that they don't hover in mid air like that. FT meteors were shown where they would be at and I had thought that Gremmy dude that his comes from space with his "imagination". It's not that hard honestly

@Qaw Doesn't it have the second meteor inside the first one only with some cracks? Then again if it's really so damaged not much that can be done.

@Black It's even more common sense that a meteor coming from space would be ablated. As in, you know, the thing they do when coming from that distance and picking up speed which this one obviously didn't do. Jellal's are never shown coming from anywhere but a hole on the sky, Erza's mom is the one that is shown coming from Space. And Gremmy just simply imagined a Meteor, no mention of space, no shot of it coming from space, simple as that. We don't assume, as you are doing, "because it's common sense".

It seems like the second meteor was skinned by the first. I'll get the colored scans when I get access to my computer.

@Lsir

U can use the anime for more insight on something. Jellals Sema was shown to be cloud in anime (thanks to GMG). I'm just saying that it makes no sense for it to just be in mid air and that we all know it can be higher then 12km since it's shown to be ALOT higher in mid air

I think that it's more of a art inconsistency since manga artist just draw things just to draw cause we don't see ANY rocks forming into the sky or anything like that like how we would see Chibaku Tensei. This Tensei just happens to be a meteor to fall from the sky

Does make it hard, yes. Though is there any reason to think it may still not be the same length from tip to top? The one below is the most wrecked one, and we could at least get a length for it from comparing to Madara.

BlackeJan said:
We already know it's above the clouds last I saw, we see a hole being made in the clouds and it coming down. Issue is that even if we forget clouds can have different heights and that the anime is always treated as secondary canon, you are STILL deciding to ignore the other thing that doesn't make any sense at all - it's not ablated. Whatever you say or whatever you may feel, it's not. That can't be changed just because it couldn't have come from anywhere else, especially when that selective preference of details means the calc gets upgraded for no reason.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Though is there any reason to think it may still not be the same length from tip to top?
+
I guess not, assuming it isn't a shell or anything.

Back