• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara's Low 6-B with Tengai Shinsei Downgrade

20 km far away to resemble the rain drops.

You assumed the Troposphere for both the 19 chibaku tensei feet and for this tengai shinsei feat

What I'm saying is that assuming the troposphere doesn't mean 12km should be used as the troposphere can extend up to 20km so I'm not sure why 12km was picked

The ozone layer starts at 20 km.. If the had been on ablated I would had used this distance but it isn't.

BlackeJan said:
Well why assume that it's at 12km and not just think it higher then that?
I explained why and added images on the OP. It appears many of you didn't read the whole thread before commenting, it's base on the rain drops feat that Madara already shown, since the meteor wasn't shown to come from space, but many will argue to use the cloud distance from the anime to low-ball the feat instead of using an assumption. Meteor calc rules say we can't used the distance from space if it's not shown, example; the Fairy Tail meteor calc.

Still not understanding why 12km. The difference between the FT and this however is the FT meteor was shown to be from cloud lvl (was even shown in the anime) while this one is shown to be from above clouds and probably other clouds hence why I don't understand to just use 12km when I'm sure u can try other higher clouds distance

@BlackeJan Above cloud is 1k feet, less than 1 km. Are you sure about using that distance?

Dzhindzholia said:
Tengai Shinsei isn't CT related technique,the latter does not require Susanoo.Plus there was no black orbs.
That name is not canon, and the Susan'o was used to do the hand signs which sometimes are forgotten in the manga all together. Have you ever heard of "off-camera"?

AppleLord said:
@BlackeJan Above cloud is 1k feet, less than 1 km. Are you sure about using that distance?
By that I mean like above the 12km and even the higher ones that could be close to the atmosphere

I ain't no calcer or meteorologist but even I'm sure that the meteor is far above cloud lvl to the point it's in the atmosphere thanks to where the 2nd meteor came from

Again,this is not CT related jutsu.

Susanoo isn't needed,no black spheres.

Have you ever heard of "off-camera"?

We saw how Madara's casted the jutsu.

@Apple

It is physically impossible for Madara to have used chibaku tensei

The instant he turned on the Rinnegan,which was notably the first time since he was resurrected based on his reaction, he absorbed a rasenshuriken then used tengai shinsei. There is no point in time he could have used a chibaku tensei even "off camera"

The only possible way you can say it is chibaku tensei is if you say obito went there in advanced and set up two chibaku tensei then madara used bansho tenin to pull them down. This is demonstrably false though since obito never used chibaku tensei and bansho tenin doesn't use handsigns

Also I'm 99% sure that Kishimoto had some involvment with the game and naming the jutsu

its a mateor. no matter how hard you try , when the author writes two times characters calling it meteor than it is. literaly everything else is headcanon to lowball and thats a fact.

fast characters talking and doing a few things while a metoer goes down is a sad excuse for an argument. and why would madara use chibaku tensei behind every1's back and how did no1 notice such a big jutsu. these excuses weak.period.

Placing the meteor argument aside we still need to discuss the speed of said rock since it wasn't ablated therefore it didn't come from space.

GilgaArcuied said:
that's exactly what I mean. you are using calc'd speeds to justify using this calc which is faulty. because they are certainly not that fast within the context of the series.
That isn't calc stacking, it's simply justitification of a point, i'm not using those characters speeds to make another calc.

Because the argument is pretty much "well these guys are talking whilst it's happening so it must not be very fast"

Ignoring that in fiction speech is a free action, i guess we should downgrade DBS characters to Supersonic because normal humans can talk whilst they clash and run at each other, it's literally a terrible point to make, the author isn't considering time passed whilst trying to put forward exposition, that's why its a trope in the first place.

AppleLord said:
TBlackeJan said:
For goodness sake THE 2ND METEOR is shown to be ABOVE clouds in anime so that means the even the 1st one came down from above clouds
Let's see.

M = 3084570534114521kg

G = 9.81

H = 6000 m (above cloud)

= 425.543501808 Gigatons High 6-C Large Island level

Using my method of the Trophosphere (12 km) with this calc we get:

M = 3084570534114521kg

G = 9.81

H = 12000 m

= 851.08700362 'High 6-C Large Island level
If people are mostly in agreement with the downgrade, then this is probably the next best method to use.

I mean I never cared for the Tensei Shinsei but to use 12km when we can use something higher to me isn't fair

Actually Apple's math is off, not sure what he misplaced

Using 20km

3084570534114521 x 9.81 x 20000 = 6.0519274e+20 joules or 144 Gigatons (Large Island level)

If we're going to use 20km you might as well have an assumed timeframe of 10 seconds (the meteor fell down in 1 panel) and have 2000 m/s KE

TataHakai said:
Actually Apple's math is off, not sure what he misplaced

Using 20km

3084570534114521 x 9.81 x 20000 = 6.0519274e+20 joules or 144 Gigatons (Large Island level)

If we're going to use 20km you might as well have an assumed timeframe of 10 seconds (the meteor fell down in 1 panel) and have 2000 m/s KE
I didn't used 20 km but 12 km that's was off. But I agree with TataHakai calc above using 20 km since that's what is accepted here in VSBW.

EDIT:

Actually, forget what I said that's wrong. The result is this which isn't that far fromt he original one. Whe can use it.

0.5*3084570534114521 x 9.81 x 2000^2= 6.0519274e+22

= 14.46 Teratons 6-B Country level

3084570534114521 x 9.81 x 12000 = 3.6311564e+20 joules or 86 gigatons of TNT (Island+)]

I think apple may have accidentally used 120,000 rather than 12,000

AppleLord said:
TataHakai said:
3084570534114521 x 9.81 x 12000 = 3.6311564e+20 joules or 86 gigatons of TNT (Island+)]
0.5*3084570534114521*9.81*2000^2= 6.0519274e+22 14 Teratons 6-B Country Level
Don't multiply by 9.81 if you're doing KE

It's just 0.5 x M x V ^ 2

@TataHakai I forgot to verify the copy and pase formula, sorry.

0.5*3084570534114521*2000^2= 6.1691411e+21 or 1.47 Teraton Low 6-B Small Country this one is better, and is close to the original.

TataHakai said:
Using 20 km like many seem to agreed on, we get

6.0519274e+20 = 144.64 Gigatons High 6-C Large Island level

So is the choice between the terminal velocity calc in the OP and the potential energy calc?

Either we just put it down as author inconsistency and forgetting to draw ablation around the meteor because Kishi isn't aware of how fast meteors ablate at

Or we use PE

It's probably best to get more views on this.

I'd probably go with the PE calc myself, but the end result would have to be doubled due to there being two meteors, right?

That's a big question. If said meteor came from space why wasn't ablated? Did Madara stopped the velocity? Kishimoto knew what he was doing, the authot didn't forgot because how would Onoki was gonna touched the meteor from below to make it weightless?

Damage3245 said:
I'd probably go with the PE calc myself, but the end result would have to be doubled due to there being two meteors, right?
I suppose so, if Madara is holding both Meteors in the atmosphere then he'd be holding them at the same time, otherwise they would've just come down themselves without him using the jutsu.

The final result would still be the same though, High 6-C

or he pulled them from space since saying they were in the atmosphere implies he was using some gravitational powers to keep the meteors in the sky without his Rinnegan out

Paul Frank said:
or he pulled them from space since saying they were in the atmosphere implies he was using some gravitational powers to keep the meteors in the sky without his Rinnegan out
Blame kishi for not drawing a flaming rock

@Apple

you mean the blog post?

Back