• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - Pinkie Pie (MLP) vs Zapdos (Pokemon)

Never said so. I said Zapdos has ways to deal with Pinkie's ranged options with forcefields and precognition, and that he could set up Double Teams. One Double Team is enough to create afterimages and deal with ranged options.
I know you didn't say that, I'm just pointing out that it's not necesarily a given that Zapdos gets the opportunity to boost their stats that much, especially both of them.
Pinkie Pie's no danmaku god, it's easily avoidable by a flying opponent.
Arguable, but she can also teleport to close the distance. If I'm not mistaken, Zapdos can't boost and forcefield at the same time.

Idk, this looks pretty final to me:
For the tournament, maybe.
No new information has come to light for the match, you got a new information, we all debated with said info already accepted as the truth beforehand. Grace still applies, you're just arguing with the same arguments people disagreed over, so no, the match is over.
That information was not on the profile, and it was discussed more in the last match.

Anyways, I'm not going to sit here and defend my right to say something after grace. The match doesn't need to change on my behalf, but I had more to say and so I did.

I know you didn't say that, I'm just pointing out that it's not necesarily a given that Zapdos gets the opportunity to boost their stats that much, especially both of them.

Arguable, but she can also teleport to close the distance. If I'm not mistaken, Zapdos can't boost and forcefield at the same time.
Protect is around the user itself, if she telelorts inside the "protect", things like discharge can be an option, and ranged options for Pinkie are impossible for being far too close.

For mainline games a Pokémon can only have level up and egg moves, pre-evolution moves included.

Has it been 24 hours since grace started?

Protect is around the user itself, if she telelorts inside the "protect", things like discharge can be an option, and ranged options for Pinkie are impossible for being far too close.
First, I'll say that you're right Zapdos should know all their natural moves. I don't want to be associated with that fallacious argument.

Zapdos can't protect and use other moves at the same time is what I meant, and so they can't really use that as an opportunity to boost. They'd need to make enough distance, which is hard with teleportation.

First, I'll say that you're right Zapdos should know all their natural moves. I don't want to be associated with that fallacious argument.
How on earth is it even remotely fallacious when it's based on what multiple staff members told me? Tm moves aren't naturally learned. They need to be taught via a machine, something a pokemon can't just train for in the wild.

Last edited:
How on earth is it even remotely fallacious when it's based on what multiple staff members told me?
Appeal to authority?
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but staff members can be wrong.
I've seen many examples, especially around certain things like whether the OP can vote in their own thread.

In every thread I've participated in, all their moves were used.

Appeal to authority?
I have no other source to go off. I can't just ask the notes section to clarify.
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but staff members can be wrong.
Hard emphasis on can. Give me one reason to assume a staff listed as a knowledgable member would be wrong on this? By that same logic the notes section can be equally wrong. I should know given I've changed notes sections in the past and proven the old versions to be outdated.

Last edited:
I have no other source to base off it. Especially not when the only other sources says natural learned moves, and not machine taught moves.

Hard emphasis on can. Give me one reason to assume a staff listed as a knowledgable member would be wrong on this?
I think we're getting lost in the weeds on this. Most of the moves being argued are level-up anyways.
Including:
  • Thunder Wave
  • Agility
  • Detect
  • Thunder
  • Roost
  • Discharge
  • Rain Dance
It seems only double team is missing.

It's been that way with every verse. Pokemon, Digimon, Persona, SMT, basically every verse that puts a game limit on movesets have freedom of usage when it comes to moves as otherwise we'd have to pick out moves every time we wanna make a fight and it could lead to unfair situations. This has been done in that way for ages at this point.

I think we're getting lost in the weeds on this. Most of the moves being argued are level-up anyways.
Including:
  • Thunder Wave
  • Agility
  • Detect
  • Thunder
  • Roost
  • Discharge
  • Rain Dance
It seems only double team is missing.
Because it's not a level-up move for Zapdos. I haven't seen it on any level up list for Zapdos.

Anyways, I was a little flip-floppy in the last match because I knew very little (basically nothing) about one of the characters, but being pretty knowledgeable (and a big fan) of Pokemon, I can feel comfortable voting officially for Pinkie Pie for the record without bias.

Zapdos would basically have to paralyze her to outlast her regen, which we've discussed would be very hard to do, and its boosting moves would take an opportunity to set up they may not get reliably, if they choose to lead with that at all.

Votes updated, Looking at both sides currently it's.
Pinkie 7 votes
Zapdos 6 votes

Last edited:
Then it seems the votes have flipped for the tournament... for the profiles, Pinkie needs 2 more votes before grace. Or one more defector.

So you think I made a Fine Point?
I'll show myself out and Grace btw
300px-Perhaps.jpg

Yes, you made a very fine point
Congrats on 2 points, Points table updated....everyone has 2 points now Group A looking real interesting.
Grace
Pinkie: 10
Zapdos: 6

Last edited:
Back