• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - Hashirama (Naruto) vs Zapdos (Pokemon)

Pokemon often get affected by elemental stuff from other shows, taking twice the amount of damage that'd cause normally.
Yes, that's what I just said. At least on this wiki, the type advantages come from the physiology of the Pokemon. They are weak to the types they are weak against, but there's no basis to say that their attacks are 2x effective against things not even from their canon. It only takes a little thought to realize that if they're both 2x weak to, and do 2x damage to other pokemon based on type, then they'd always do 4x damage on a good type matchup, but they don't.

The only bonus they get on attacking is STAB, which is 1.5x.

That said, you have made me realize Zapdos would probably take 1/2 damage from Hashirama's wood-based attacks, but that's not really their wincon apparently.

That said, you have made me realize Zapdos would probably take 1/2 damage from Hashirama's wood-based attacks, but that's not really their wincon apparently.
It's outlasting, correct?

Pressure would make his stamina drain faster, thus, making it impossible for Hashirama to outlast Zapdos.

Also, Sage Mode doesn't last very long as far as I remember.

There is a bit of misinformation here
He can’t outlast hashirama sage mode as unlike Naruto hashirama can fight while staying perfectly still on the 10,000 arms budhha
Pressure makes one's attacks use twice the amount of stamina they usually do, and Zapdos can outright resist Wood Style due to its flying typing. Zapdos' electric is 1.5x stronger than the bird itself, and have some type advantage against wood style due to the inclusion of earth style.

I don't see how Hashirama wins here at all.

I vote inconclusive. There's no way to know who'd run out of steam first, and Zapdos has the type resistance.

type advantages play no role here as they are active only in between pokemon due to the fact that the abilities come from the plates rather than them being natural

type advantages play no role here as they are active only in between pokemon due to the fact that the abilities come from the plates rather than them being natural
I already conceded to that. Resistances are still at play here, and we do accept other elements to affect Pokemon weak to said element.

If Hashirama's win condition is supposed to be outlasting Zapdos, why is that feasible for him here?

As I understand it, Pressure is increasing his Stamina useage, Zapdos Resists Wood Elemental attacks (Likely registering as Grass-type moves.) & wasn't it stated that in Naruto's own Element System, Earth Element (1 of Mokuton's 2 Elements.) is weak to Lightning, which Zapdos's Electrical attacks would likely register as.

Ergo, Hashirama would be spending stamina twice as fast, dealing half damage to Zapdos, & Mokuton would be taking increased damage from Zapdos's Electric attacks.
& if this is Sage Mode Hashirama, then I should ask: Isn't it the case that Sage Mode depletes Chakra very quickly?

If the reason to vote Hashirama is him outlasting, that reason seems faulty & invalid to me; He'd be spending Stamina very quickly, & trading awfully.
(Not to mention Zapdos evading with Flight, Speed boosts & Detect.)

Last edited:
Care to specify where it was mentioned then, please?
The whole thread
Hashirama has enough range to hit Zapdos even while flying nit mentioning hashirama wood dragon
If the entire thing is Zapdos flying and dodging then that’s oddly wrong

What the hell is zapdos gonna do about this?
1e3ba35f0e253023e38e502b2a87efae.jpg

The nine tails is well a large sized something easily bigger than a skyscraper and one of those hands is big enough to hold the nine tails like its kitten
There are 10,000 of them
They’d slap Zapdos to hell
I'm aware, which is why I already voted for Hashirama.

Detect what? 1000 mountain sized danmaku hands?
Hashirama does not know how strong the opponent is, he will not bust that out immediately, and you perfectly know that. By the time he does so, Zapdos will be 4 times faster than Hashirama is, thus, being perfectly able to dodge, and precog anything Hashirama throws at it.

Also, how far into Low 6-B are these hands? The AP would be cut in half due to resistance shinenigans, and Zapdos scales above his Low 6-B rating, this would be a slightly balanced Netero vs Meruem, but Netero doesn't have the speed advantage.

Hashirama does not know how strong the opponent is, he will not bust that out immediately, and you perfectly know that. By the time he does so, Zapdos will be 4 times faster than Hashirama is, thus, being perfectly able to dodge, and precog anything Hashirama throws at it.

Also, how far into Low 6-B are these hands? The AP would be cut in half due to resistance shinenigans, and Zapdos scales above his Low 6-B rating, this would be a slightly balanced Netero vs Meruem, but Netero doesn't have the speed advantage.
Actually hashirama major arsenal in this key is this Buddha so he actually starts with it
He summons the Buddha then goes into sage mode that’s how he does it
As he needs the Buddha to keep the sage mode on

What is the value this key of Hashirama scales to, & what is his scaling/scaling chain for it?

Also, the Mokuton Golem has 6-B Durability, right? Yet it's partially Wood Element, which, under Naruto's Elemental system, is weak to Electricity. IDK if it's double damage or what, but the point is, Zapdos would see a giant wood monster, & being the Electric Legendary bird, would probably fry it with Electricity.

If Hashirama needs his Wood Element Buddha to keep his Sage Mode going....

Also, what happens if Zapdos uses Discharge?
  • Discharge: Zapdos discharges electricity in a wide area hitting multiple opponents and allies. It may also cause paralysis.
AFAIK, it's a largely, or nearly omni-directional attack; If Hashirama is so far below Zapdos, does he have any way of surviving this? (Assuming he fails to dodge it anyway.)

Also, if his giant statue's tactic is slapping Zapdos a bunch, that may be a problem:
  • Static: Mainland only. Physical contact with Zapdos may cause paralysis.
In the games, Static has a 3 in 10 chance per hit of triggering. Unsure if it's different otherwise, but nonetheless, it's an Electricity-based ability against an Electric-vulnerable construct.
Pokemon's version of the Paralysis status reduces Speed (In Pokemon games, by 75%.) & causes a chance (25% chance in the games.) to be unable to move.

For those curious, I mention the games' numbers because we don't have other numbers to go off of.

Point is, for something that relies on barrage attacks, that's hitting for presumably resisted damage, with extra Stamina consumption, this is really bad; Get paralyzed, & Zapdos can suddenly dodge the colossus, & blast away/set up Agility, etc.

He summons the Buddha then goes into sage mode that’s how he does it
I'm sorry but what? That's the exact opposite of what happens.
As he needs the Buddha to keep the sage mode on
No he doesn't? Where does this notion even come from?
Also, the Mokuton Golem has 6-B Durability, right?
No it's Low 6-B
Also, if his giant statue's tactic is slapping Zapdos a bunch, that may be a problem:
  • Static: Mainland only. Physical contact with Zapdos may cause paralysis.
How would this even work on something that's essentially just wood being manipulated to grow and move a certain way and not by it's own volition but rather a caster?

How would this even work on something that's essentially just wood being manipulated to grow and move a certain way and not by it's own volition but rather a caster?
Pokémon paralysis has no problem paralyzing inorganic creatures, such as rocks, wood, and metal.

Yeah but the problem is unless Hashirama is also paralyzed he can still grow and manipulate his work constructs
Hmm.
Well, Pokémon remain paralyzed when they Dynamax (grow giant), and pokemon like Ditto and Mew remain paralyzed when they transform into a completely different Pokémon.
So, the golem would probably remain paralyzed.

Hmm.
Well, Pokémon remain paralyzed when they Dynamax (grow giant), and pokemon like Ditto and Mew remain paralyzed when they transform into a completely different Pokémon.
So, the golem would probably remain paralyzed.
Are you equating Pokemon (Creatures that have their own biology and physiology, eat, sleep, etc.) to basically Wood that is just being manipulated by a caster?

Are you equating Pokemon (Creatures that have their own biology and physiology, eat, sleep, etc.) to basically Wood that is just being manipulated by a caster?
I don't know. I'm pretty sure you can paralyze a door and some props in one of the games.
Is it truly just wood that's being telekinetically manipulated?
Why does it have to manifest in that shape then, or is it just a style thing?

Yes

Aesthetic design
Okay. Then it probably can't be paralyzed. My apologies for misunderstanding, it has been referred to as a golem several times in this thread, and a golem is something brought to life, so it was a little misleading.

i mean pokemon have shown to electrify entire terrains with their moves so idk if that'll stop it
I don't see how that's relevant.
I don't think anyone's argued that Zapdos couldn't affect it with electricity.

then what stops it from inducing status effect based paralysis?
The fact that the golem is apparently not alive in any capacity, and is merely normal wood being controlled telekinetically.

Back