• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - Pinkie Pie (MLP) vs Zapdos (Pokemon)

Still reading through the blog, but not according to Starter Pack. I distinctly remember them disagreeing with Lugia being able to use Hurricane specifically for that reason.
Pokémon do have all their Abilities and Speed stats in Pokémon does apply to reaction speed.
Past examples are a viable piece of research. I'm sure you agree with that, you just used it. Either way, with Staff confirmation, can we continue the topic, peacefully?

I gave you a source already.
I saw the source you gave me and inside that source was another source that led to a blog discussing the canonicity of things like trading cards, the games, and anime to each other.

So I wound up with a different interpretation. When I saw the blog, I interpreted composite as meaning: What was canon. So, feats from the anime could be used for games and such. I didn't interpret composite to mean every version of the pokemon able to use every ability they had based on what I had seen the blog discuss.
Past examples are a viable piece of research. I'm sure you agree with that, you just used it.
For the most part yes.

Last edited:
I saw the source you gave me and inside that source was another source that led to a blog discussing the canonicity of things like trading cards, the games, and anime to each other.

So I wound up with a different interpretation. When I saw the blog, I interpreted composite as meaning: What was canon. So, feats from the anime could be used for games and such. I didn't interpret composite to mean every version of the pokemon able to use every ability they had based on what I had seen the blog discuss.
I see. I understand that interpretation, but it's not proper to act defensive and (mildly) aggressive towards someone knowledgeable on the verse regardless of the interpretation or mistake they have made when addressing your argument.

I am sure you understand that, and there was little purpose to me repeating it, but I promise you I will be fair and try my best to explain anything you might be confused about if you ask me quietly. Either way, we can discuss the topic if you wish so, and if you simply stand by your point, that is fine too.

I am sure you understand that, and there was little purpose to me repeating it, but I promise you I will be fair and try my best to explain anything you might be confused about if you ask me quietly. Either way, we can discuss the topic if you wish so, and if you simply stand by your point, that is fine too.
Then I'll start asking about the biggest threat to Pinkie. Static and composite abilities. I haven't seen any pokemon; at least not so far, using multiple abilities. This is another reason why I disagreed with Zapdos having both static and pressure, on top of my interpretation of what the rules mean when they say "composite".

Last edited:
What are you referring to?
The series finale where a bell empowered Queen Chrysalis couldn't land a single hit on her. I will also point out that her page is a tad wrong. It's true Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense gives off tells, but multiple of said tells involve nothing more than body minor part pain. Something that can't actually be observed.

Oh, yeah, there was that one other scene that's more explicit. Pinkie Pie as The Mysterious Mare Do Well saves an entire construction team while putting up with rubble falling all around her the whole duration, dodging everything, and saving everyone. Later on, when caught by Rainbow Dash, she reveals did all of it using her Pinkie Sense. So, yes, it is absolutely combat applicable.

Hell, I don't even know why the profile calls it light considering she either A: Predicted the future minutes ahead of time to know where to go, or B: Rapid-fire predicted the future as each bit of rubble fell and responded on the fly. In any case, the profile needs to get the "slight" bit removed.

Last edited:
How do Cross Verse Pokemon battles even work in this wiki. Do the Pokemon fight like it's turn based or what

Via getting paralyzed after a couple attacks and Zapdos speed buffing so it can wear her down and ko her via exhaustion.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, there was that one other scene that's more explicit. Pinkie Pie as The Mysterious Mare Do Well saves an entire construction team while putting up with rubble falling all around her the whole duration, dodging everything, and saving everyone. Later on, when caught by Rainbow Dash, she reveals did all of it using her Pinkie Sense. So, yes, it absolutely combat applicable.

Hell, I don't even know why the profile calls it light considering she either A: Predicted the future minutes ahead of time to know where to go, or B: Rapid-fire predicted the future as each bit of rubble fell and responded on the fly. In any case, the profile needs to get the "slight" bit removed.
I'm sorry, you are correct. This seems like clear evidence to me, I did not know because it was not on the profile.
To me this development significantly affects the outcome of this battle too.

Hmm, now that I think about it, static shouldn't be a problem, though I can't speak for moves like thunder since I don't know the maximum aoe. Point is, Pinkie Pie doesn't seem like she attacks by punching or kicking. Most of the time she tends to go for party-themed stuff like a party cannon or bazooka or throwing... cupcakes really hard. Notice the way she never really fights physically or "not with her hooves" and when she does, she uses her canon.

Not sure if they would be physical or special moves. The cupcakes thing might be physical, most likely being considered a form of fling, which also involves throwing objects. The cannon I don't know about though. I'd need an equivalent move to compare to. The cannon does fire physical real-world objects though, so I'm personally leaning physical.

Not exactly far range; a couple of meters being generous, but better than physical contact triggering paralysis.

Last edited:
Since someone asked how thunder wave works outside of game mechanics, it's portrayed as either a wave of electricity (fitting to the name) or as a large number of individual lightning bolts. This can manifest as a large omnidirectional AOE, but in any case the electricity is not a sphere, and could definitely be dodged if Pinkie's precog works.
Hank_Nosepass_Thunder_Wave.png
1200px-Tony_Electabuzz_Thunder_Wave.png

Hmm, now that I think about it, static shouldn't be a problem, though I can't speak for moves like thunder since I don't know the maximum aoe. Point is, Pinkie Pie doesn't seem like she attacks by punching or kicking. Most of the time she tends to go for party-themed stuff like a party cannon or bazooka or throwing... cupcakes really hard. Notice the way she never really fights physically or "not with her hooves" and when she does, she uses her canon.

Not sure if they would be physical or special moves. The cupcakes thing might be physical, most likely being considered a form of fling, which also involves throwing objects. The cannon I don't know about though. I'd need an equivalent move to compare to. The cannon does fire physical real-world objects though, so I'm personally leaning physical.

Not exactly far range; a couple of meters being generous, but better than physical contact triggering paralysis.
Ranged options are not particularly good due to Double Team, superior speed, Zapdos' own Precognition, and multiple forcefields. She would be forced to physical combat in hopes of doing anything. (And, it would be considered physical)

Ranged options are not particularly good due to Double Team, superior speed, Zapdos' own Precognition, and multiple forcefields. She would be forced to physical combat in hopes of doing anything. (And, it would be considered physical)
Zapdos doesn't naturally have double-team. Starter already said that tms aren't allowed and only natural learned moves can be used. I see no reason not to take his word seriously. He's not someone random with no knowledge on the verse.
The main reason why people voted for Zapdos is because Pinkie's Precog was considered "non-combat applicable." Now that it was proven to be combat applicable, Pinkie now has a much better chance at avoiding Zapdos' attacks.
No one except FinePoint argued against it though, so I'm assuming people accepted it and thought Zapdos was the better choice regardless.

Last edited:
No one except FinePoint argued against it though, so I'm assuming people accepted it and though Zapdos was the better choice regardless.
My point still stands regardless.

Pinkie should be able to take this now. Zapdos' only option to win is paralyzing, correct me if I'm wrong. Pinkie can easily avoid that.

Plus, Zapdos will have a hard time bypassing that Toon Force and Regen.

Btw, isn't the match over?...
That doesn't really matter, especially since new information has come to light. Grace is just whether it can be added or not, not an indication that it can't be appealed.
It would be a terrible system if we were unable to argue for a match just because it was rushed to grace.

Anyways, I feel as if Pokemon supporters tend to talk as if the pokemon is able to instantly setup all of their boosting moves, which is not true even in Pokemon. It takes a while to use agility and double team 6 times, and if Pinkie is able to get a lot of good hits in before that it could end the match.
Especially considering Zapdos doesn't necesarily lead with all their boosting moves, every scene I've seen them in they've led with straight-up attacks.

My point still stands regardless.

Pinkie should be able to take this now. Zapdos' only option to win is paralyzing, correct me if I'm wrong. Pinkie can easily avoid that.

Plus, Zapdos will have a hard time bypassing that Toon Force and Regen.
Pinkie's Toon Force is not a main threat first and foremost, and Zapdos have a healing of its own.

Anyways, I feel as if Pokemon supporters tend to talk as if the pokemon is able to instantly setup all of their boosting moves, which is not true even in Pokemon. It takes a while to use agility and double team 6 times, and if Pinkie is able to get a lot of good hits in before that it could end the match.
Especially considering Zapdos doesn't necesarily lead with all their boosting moves, every scene I've seen them in they've led with straight-up attacks.
Never said so. I said Zapdos has ways to deal with Pinkie's ranged options with forcefields and precognition, and that he could set up Double Teams. One Double Team is enough to create afterimages and deal with ranged options.

Pinkie Pie's no danmaku god, it's easily avoidable by a flying opponent.

Zapdos doesn't naturally have double-team. Starter already said that tms aren't allowed and only natural learned moves can be used. I see no reason not to take his word seriously. He's not someone random with no knowledge on the verse.
Something tells me the verse page has a higher authority than he has. Same applies to the thread moderator who confirmed the Pokemon has all their moves.

All POSSIBLE moves. Double Team is a possible move, so it's allowed.

That doesn't really matter, especially since new information has come to light. Grace is just whether it can be added or not, not an indication that it can't be appealed.
It would be a terrible system if we were unable to argue for a match just because it was rushed to grace.

No new information has come to light for the match, you got a new information, we all debated with said info already accepted as the truth beforehand. Grace still applies, you're just arguing with the same arguments people disagreed over, so no, the match is over.

Back