• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - Pinkie Pie (MLP) vs Zapdos (Pokemon)

Group A:
Round 6:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Pony vs Pokemon ? Zapdos looks to become the second participant to reach 4 points can power of friendship overcome the battle experience of the Electric/Flying Legendary Pokémon ?
Results:
Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony): 10 (Lightbuster, Coolboy, Random, Finepoint, Arceus, Sanic, Nierre, Gator, Pepper, Fluffy, )
Zapdos (Pokemon): 7 (Charmander, theultimate5105, DannyF97. Popted2, Bernkastelll, Laser, GreatJedi)
Inconclusive:
XkcFtWS.png

Last edited:
Alright now that is interesting. While pinkie has massive toon force shenanigans Zapdos is no joke when it comes to to thunder attacks and stat buffs.

Zapdos would likely lead by summoning a thundercloud and then spamming lightning attacks. It would use detect to forsee attacks to evade them, roost to heal and agility to boost its speed.
Thunderwave would paralyze pinkie and would cause massive issues for her when it comes to combat. Idk if Zapdos can bypass the mid regen but it can certainly knock its opponent out with its spam of thunder attacks.

Well at least Pinkie finally isn't going to lose to superior hax.

If Zapdos can get Pinkie paralyzed and beaten up, eventually stamina would become an issue even if they can't get past the regen. I know that Pokémon, especially legendaries, can fight for a real long time..

Why can't Pie just insta-teleport over to knock it out? It can't regenerate easily or think any of it'd tougher moves into action like Hashirama. Most of its moves seem easily dodgeable thanks to a combination of Pinkie Pies precog and teleportation enabling her to evade attacks from opponents immensely faster and stronger than her. As she has used it to dodge from faster opponents, Zapdos increasing its speed via agility shouldn't particularly matter.

Not so sure about Discharge though, seems like it potentially be omnidirectional based on some of its descriptions, but I can't say for sure. Since Pinkie Pie tends to just gag teleport to evade attacks, the worst thing about paralysis would be a small chance of not moving.

Pressure shouldn't be too bad of an ability. Pinkie can already fight for hours without tiring, so going from a few hours to half of that shouldn't be too bad unless the fight really drags on, which has yet to be seen. Unless a move like leer is used then a physical move in short order, it probably can't even hurt her given the person Pinkie Pie scales to absolutely tanked the feat they performed, which is 5.47 teratons to Zapdos's 3.82. It could also try charge + an electric move, but Pinkie could just attack it during the time it spends charging.

Pinkie Pie's biggest advantage is one I've already mentioned: Instantaneous teleportation. She has quite literally teleported right in front of or even already touching her opponent upon doing so, this makes her getting a first shot highly likely. If Zapdos were to go for a roost she's liable to attack again through teleportation. Since none of Pinkie Pie's attacks; unless you count... throwing cupcakes, are special and only physical, this means that all of Zapdos's defense-increasing moves won't be very helpful.

Currently, I'm going with Pinkie Pie. Zapdos has answers to her durability and attacks, but they leave it open to being attacked. It would have to leer, then use a physical move, or charge up electricity then attack. Roost would force it to land and teleportation effectively allows Pinkie Pie to interrupt and attack it as it's doing these things. Teleportation makes doing it simple, eliminating the need to run up to it. It also highly increases the chance of Pinkie Pie getting the first hit.

Last edited:
Detect could be problematic, but last I checked it can't be spammed. It's also not a guaranteed dodge, just precog-assisted dodging going off descriptions. Not being able to hit is blatant gameplay mechanics, and there's no reason to assume it would work in every scenario. least of all against someone who can teleport right on top of you instantly. Does Zapdos even consistently use detect? It sure didn't seem to use the move very often when I saw it in the anime or movie.

Last edited:
Heeeey. I see. Zapdos can do a lot of things here, as... basically any other Pokemon.

First things first, just discarding Zapdos' Speed Boosts because "lol teleportation" is not fair at all, it is STILL a 4 times boost in speed, which would include reaction speed. This means that, even teleporting right in front of Zapdos, the bird is far more likely to just dodge most things she throws point-blank without any major issue. Same applies to defense boost, with moves like Light Screen cutting any special attack in half.

Zapdos can also rely on forcefields far above it's own durability such as Protect to block Pinkie's incoming attacks, so ranged options, even with teleportation, are out of the question.

Zapdos can absolutely deal with insta teleportation with afterimages from Double Team. One teleportation to the wrong afterimage, and Zapdos can catch Pinkie off guard with his speed advantage from boosts.

There are also moves that "never miss" such as Shock Wave, and Thunder during rain, which Zapdos can cause.

Moves like Flash can cripple Pinkie's vision, thus, allowing Zapdos to hit her with ita attacks.

And worst of all, Zapdos can paralyze Pinkie Pie with Thunder Wave. If that happens, it's game over, because Pinkie's speed will be halved, and there is a decent chance that she will simply not move due to paralysis, thus, allowing for Zapdos to hit her.

But how likely is Zapdos to hit Pinkie with paralysis? Well, we have static, so Pinkie cannot touch Zapdos, dunno if she does that. We have Flash crippling her vision, we have speed boost so Zapdos can react faster than she can, we have afterimages, and precognition with detect.

Pinkie is most likely getting Paralyzed. Zapdos can then both outspeed and cripple Pinkie then. I think Zapdos is the most likely winner due to it's ridiculous arsenal.

Seems like Zapdos has versatility & Combat experience advantage along with blitz worthy speed he could overcome the AP gap.

First things first, just discarding Zapdos' Speed Boosts because "lol teleportation" is not fair at all, it is STILL a 4 times boost in speed, which would include reaction speed
Where is it shown agility increases reaction speed? Descriptions of the move give me the impression that it only increases the body's movement speed.
Same applies to defense boost, with moves like Light Screen cutting any special attack in half.
You ever despise it when people just don't bother looking at the arguments you make? Because I really ******* do.
Zapdos can also rely on forcefields far above it's own durability such as Protect to block Pinkie's incoming attacks, so ranged options, even with teleportation, are out of the question.
This is going purely based on what I've read the wiki's policy for pokemon is, but last I checked or was told, pokemon are only allowed to use moves they can naturally learn. Protect is no such move and needs to be taught via a machine.
Zapdos can absolutely deal with insta teleportation with afterimages from Double Team. One teleportation to the wrong afterimage, and Zapdos can catch Pinkie off guard with his speed advantage from boosts.
Moves like Flash can cripple Pinkie's vision, thus, allowing Zapdos to hit her with ita attacks.
Again, last I checked that's a tm move and not allowed.
There are also moves that "never miss" such as Shock Wave, and Thunder during rain, which Zapdos can cause.
Gameplay. Mechanics. Nothing stopping Pinkie from aim dodging via precog and teleportation.
And worst of all, Zapdos can paralyze Pinkie Pie with Thunder Wave. If that happens, it's game over, because Pinkie's speed will be halved, and there is a decent chance that she will simply not move due to paralysis, thus, allowing for Zapdos to hit her.
There we go again ignoring previously argued points. Yeah, I know. It decreases her movement speed, which she doesn't use to avoid attacks or attack herself. Based on my knowledge on the move, it doesn't reduce reaction speed, or any other speed except pure movement speed.

Not to mention the move can be dodged. It's just a weak jolt or ring of electricity.
But how likely is Zapdos to hit Pinkie with paralysis? Well, we have static, so Pinkie cannot touch Zapdos, dunno if she does that.
It's not a standard ability for Zapdos. It's hidden, meaning the average Zapdos won't have static, and even then there's a chance to paralyze. It's not some one and done paralyze that lands every time Pinkie attacks.

Where is it shown agility increases reaction speed? Descriptions of the move give me the impression that it only increases the body's movement speed.

You ever despise it when people just don't bother looking at the arguments you make? Because I really ******* do.

This is going purely based on what I've read the wiki's policy for pokemon is, but last I checked or was told, pokemon are only allowed to use moves they can naturally learn. Protect is no such move and needs to be taught via a machine.

Gameplay. Mechanics. Nothing stopping Pinkike from aim dodging via precog and teleportation.

There we go again ignoring previously argued points. Yeah, I know. It decreases her movement speed, which she doesn't use to avoid attacks or attack herself. Based on my knowledge on the move, it doesn't reduce reaction speed, or any other speed except pure movement speed.

Not to mention the move can be dodged. It's just a weak jolt or ring of electricity.

It's not a standard ability for Zapdos. It's hidden, meaning the average Zapdos won't have static, and even then there's a chance to paralyze. It's not some one and done paralyze that lands every time Pinkie attacks.
Speed boosts do increase reaction speed as shown by them being fine keeping up with their increased speed
The fact that it bypasses moves which do stuff like leave afterimages and shockwave and thunder are AOE
It does or the pokemon could not react to their own speed
Not always can it be dodged Pinkie doesn't auto dodge everything
Pokemon have all their abilities and the chance is 30% per hit on Zapdos

in the MD games (which aren't contradicted in any way by anime and mainline games btw) a speed increase can make a pokemon up to 4x faster if used that many times. In the games a pokemon with quadruple speed can land four consecutive moves before their opponent can even pull off one.

Speed boosts do increase reaction speed as shown by them being fine keeping up with their increased speed
They have an open field to attack around, of course they're going to react just fine. They aren't multiplying their speed dozens of times over. Also, pokemon with agility being unable to dodge attacks from other pokemon any better or worse is counter-evidence to this claim.
The fact that it bypasses moves which do stuff like leave afterimages and shockwave and thunder are AOE
How big of an aoe. Show me some examples.
Not always can it be dodged Pinkie doesn't auto dodge everything
Dodged everything from Chrysalis. If someone far faster than her couldn't get past the pre-cog teleport combo someone in speed equal sure as hell isn't. The burden of proof gets higher.
Pokemon have all their abilities and the chance is 30% per hit on Zapdos
And where was this rule stated? I never saw that rule anywhere.

Last edited:
also here's pikachu using agility to dance around raichu like he's a joke

Doesn't negate the time's pokemon have used the move and still got hit. How do I know the dodging isn't a result of Pikachu being able to move faster as opposed to faster reactions? Raichu has a naturally higher speed stat than Pikachu, so even if Pikachu had the reactions that don't mean his body was fast enough prior to agility.

How often does Zapdos even use agility anyways? Similar to detect, I never saw it use the move once throughout it's appearances. Doesn't matter if it can use the move if it doesn't use it often enough.

First things first, you sound somewhat defensive in two of the replies. It's a discussion about a poney and an electric bird. You should chill.
Basic logic, they can keep up and react to other Pokemon with the same boost, and with themselves.
That's me misinterpreting your argument, yes. But you do not need to be aggressive about my mistake. If all Pinkie's attacks are physical, great, she gets ****** by static.

Nope.
Gameplay. Mechanics. Nothing stopping Pinkie from aim dodging via precog and teleportation.
You ever despise it when people just don't bother looking at the quotation marks? Because I really do.

Nah, these attacks have better chance to hit her, that's all there is to it. Thunder is AoE, so teleportation is out of the question unless she knows the range by eyeballing alone.
It decreases combat speed, yes. Most of her attacks are physical, didn't you say that before? She is far less likely to touch 4x boosted Zapdos like this, and the paralysis effect is the MOST relevant thing here.
It's not like I explained multiple scenarios where this could happen, right? "You ever despise-"...
Doesn't matter, Zapdos has both Static and his other ability.

I really get pissed off when people talk all mighty and cocky about something they're utterly ignorant about... Jesus Christ.

Also, you do realize that, although I did respond to ONE of your points in my reply, most of my post was me stating what Zapdos could do, NOT GIVING A COUNTER TO YOUR ARGUMENTS.

This is how every single pokemon match works
Right, and I asked you for a source. The only rule I saw in regards to pokemon was that
  • All of our Pokémon species profiles assume the Pokémon is wild, Level 100 with perfect EVs and IVs, and know every possible move and skill without being trained.

How often does Zapdos even use agility anyways? Similar to detect, I never saw it use the move once throughout it's appearances. Doesn't matter if it can use the move if it doesn't use it often enough.
It's a wild composite animal, it can use whatever it sees fit. If the opponent is tricky in speed, it will use agility.

Past matchups doing the same thing doesn't justify it being done in the present. So once again: Why is it allowed? If it's a rule, then it should be on the verse page like the one I quoted.
Its a composite version of said pokemon in the wild which by definition has all of them

Past matchups doing the same thing doesn't justify it being done in the present. So once again: Why is it allowed? If it's a rule, then it should be on the verse page like the one I quoted.
I gave you a source already. Stop responding to people who are not the making the main argument. I'm right here, sir.

• skill without being trained.
What do you think this is referring to? Given how, as the other guy said, it was accepted, included and discussed in past matches.

All of our Pokémon species profiles are composite versions of that species of Pokémon across all canon mediums, including the games, the anime, the manga, the Trading Card Game and spin-off games. Their power and abilities should reflect this.

Oh, what's this referring to? Huh?

Why are you deliberately playing ignorant?

Well, I do not care. Zapdos has Static, that's the undeniable truth, if you have a problem with that, you're going to get out, call a staff who is a verse supporter, and get them to explain you on why you're wrong. Otherwise, reply to arguments with the fact Zapdos has all his abilities in mind.

Pokémon do have all their Abilities and Speed stats in Pokémon does apply to reaction speed.

Back