• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - August (Fairy Tail) vs Zapdos (Pokemon)

Group A:
Round 9:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Much to a surprise of me, August yep the old wizard is UNDEFEATED "so far" and is leading Group A with 4 points, Zapdos suffered a crashing loss and is in desperate need of a win to keep himself alive, Will the undefeated streak continue of Magic King? or will the legendary Pokemon proof why he should not be underestimated, Let's find out.
Results:
August (Fairy Tail) 7 ( Zackra, Anonymous, OneBleach, Popted, Fine point, Danny, DD)
Zapdos (Pokemon)
Inconclusive:
hWTFePh.png

Last edited:
Okay so after reading that post, lightning attacks get blocked by August’s barriers or miss via Reflector, speed amps get countered by timeslow, double team illusions are bypassed by his sensing, mind reading helps with speed amps and negs the illusions, forcefields get a hole opened in them with Reflector if need be or ignored by spawning attacks under/on top of Zapdos or just hitting it with sleep hax.

The real fun debate is whether moves count as magic.

Doubt Zapdos's stuff counts as magic as I'm pretty sure there's magic like powers in Pokemon that are separate from normal Pokemon stuff.

That being said Zapdos being a primarily ranged combatant is very bad for him here as reflector will render basically most, if not all, of Zapdos's ranged options moot. Slow magic counters Zapdos's speed amps, and sound magic (mind reading) would counter Zapdos's Precog. Leaving him with only his physical moves and his buffs besides speed.

August on the other hand has a massive variety of ranged options he can drop on Zapdos to beat him down. And in the case Zapdos buffs his defense high enough to stonewall hits from August, he can just switch to crush magic and either deconstruct Zapdos or drop dura neg punches.

If I'm not mistaken we (at least at one point) considered Fairy-Type moves to be magic, and other types to be their own powers.
So I'm not sure August's magic-based counters would work.

(Also a match where I'm knowledgeable about both characters, yay.)

Last edited:
Either way, I think August takes this pretty handedly with time-slow and deconstruction or any other combination of powers.
(I thought was low-hax sheesh)

Last edited:
Hmm, this is much more of a match for Galar Zapdos, who'd make much better use of the CQC August wouldn't be as good in... I think?

August FRA, ig.

Hmm, this is much more of a match for Galar Zapdos, who'd make much better use of the CQC August wouldn't be as good in... I think?

August FRA, ig.
Even Galar Zapdos would just be deconstructed, for sure.

We sure? I don't really know what all August has, just seeing a lot of Reflector which made me think of the melee focused version (so, Galar)
The Reflector is useful for Zapdos's ranged attacks. If Galarian Zapdos tried to CQC, he would just avoid it with slowed time.

Grace, Holy crap the undefeated streak continues for August I'm pretty sure he's in the semis now if there were any doubts, He's the first combatants to reach 6 pts.

Last edited:
Yeah i thought this was a low-hax tournament. Considering my expectations have been wrong i will leave. Please dont contact me again unless absolutely necessary.

Back