• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - Alibaba Saluja (Magi) vs August (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group A:
Round 1:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Results:
Third Prince of the Balbadd Alibaba looks to make history tonight by entering his first tournament but standing on the right corner is the Magic King August ! I think we are in for a good one to start Group A.
Alibaba Saluja (Magi): 0
August (Fairy Tail): 8 (Zakra, Kachon, Nierre, Popted, Pepper, OneBleach, DD, Finepoint, Lemon)
Inconclusive:

xLSB45R.png

Last edited:
August has a massive versatility advantage that will definitely make up for the minor AP gap.

Alibaba will have a ridiculously hard time landing hits due to reflector which negates basically anything he can throw at August except CQC.

The both have the ability to slow down time, so that likely won't play a factor here, but August can also read his mind so he'll have an advantage when it comes to overall knowledge on the enemy, and what their next move will be in combat.

August also has crush magic, which will just end the fight if it lands as it deconstructs the enemy and turns them into cubes.

Overall August should take this.

The both have the ability to slow down time, so that likely won't play a factor here
Alibaba doesn't slow down time. He can control his perception of time making anything feel like an eternity, which is far better than regular slowing time down.
but August can also read his mind so he'll have an advantage when it comes to overall knowledge on the enemy, and what their next move will be in combat.
Alibaba is resistant to mind manipulation and precog with Acausality Type 4.
August also has crush magic, which will just end the fight if it lands as it deconstructs the enemy and turns them into cubes.
His Life Review will help him here.

Most if not all of August's attacks can be dodged or avoided with his Life Review. He can instantly see things in instantly in slow speed whenever he wants to or whenever his body was in danger so it's also like instinctive reaction, even if you slow down his speed, his body will still be able to react due to how Life Review works.

Alibaba is definitely more skilled in CQC, and since using any range moves will clearly be useless, he'll definitely try to go for CQC.

For this reason I vote Alibaba.

Alibaba doesn't slow down time. He can control his perception of time making anything feel like an eternity, which is far better than regular slowing time down.
Is this a magical ability? if so it gets copied and powernulled.
Alibaba is resistant to mind manipulation and precog with Acausality Type 4.
Okay that doesn't help him against mind reading as he isn't viewing the future just his current thoughts. So unless his mind resistance covers mind reading then it will work just fine.
His Life Review will help him here.

Most if not all of August's attacks can be dodged or avoided with his Life Review. He can instantly see things in instantly in slow speed whenever he wants to or whenever his body was in danger so it's also like instinctive reaction, even if you slow down his speed, his body will still be able to react due to how Life Review works.
Augusts time slow magic makes time come to a crawl allowing him to blitz enemies faster than he is. It isn't just slowing physical speed.
Alibaba is definitely more skilled in CQC, and since using any range moves will clearly be useless, he'll definitely try to go for CQC.
Why? Nothing in his kit makes it apparent that he's good at hand to hand combat given he's a swordsman, he doesn't even have martial arts in his abilities. August was personally trained by Zeref who has ridiculous amounts of intelligence and is considered a prodigy by basically anyone who's said anything about him. He can effortlessly swap hands with Gildarts who is one of the best brawlers in the verse who is on the level of Natsu.

If he goes for Hand to Hand combat, he's gone be met with punches that neg his durability, and deconstruction hax that will end the fight if it lands. Which is likely as the AOE is insane. He can slow down his perception of time all he wants but if August drops a several kilometer crush spell while they're fighting next to each other, the fights done.

Is this a magical ability? if so it gets copied and powernulled.
Nah it isn't.
So unless his mind resistance covers mind reading then it will work just fine.
Sinbad was rewriting the world and was controlling everyone's mind and soul, when he realized that Alibaba (and I think Aladdin, Hakuryuu, and Judar) weren't getting controlled, he went to peer into their mind and soul, and was unable to, calling them an anomaly. So yes, it should cover that.
Augusts time slow magic makes time come to a crawl allowing him to blitz enemies faster than he is. It isn't just slowing physical speed.
Can you prove that? Because his page literally refers to their perception of time.
Why? Nothing in his kit makes it apparent that he's good at hand to hand combat given he's a swordsman, he doesn't even have martial arts in his abilities. August was personally trained by Zeref who has ridiculous amounts of intelligence and is considered a prodigy by basically anyone who's said anything about him. He can effortlessly swap hands with Gildarts who is one of the best brawlers in the verse who is on the level of Natsu.
(Alibaba's profile really needs to be redone.. it pains me how barebones it is..)

Give me time to answer this part as it will also require me to literally get all the sources
881075455296417862.png

If he goes for Hand to Hand combat, he's gone be met with punches that neg his durability, and deconstruction hax that will end the fight if it lands. Which is likely as the AOE is insane. He can slow down his perception of time all he wants but if August drops a several kilometer crush spell while they're fighting next to each other, the fights done.
This too.....

Sinbad was rewriting the world and was controlling everyone's mind and soul, when he realized that Alibaba (and I think Aladdin, Hakuryuu, and Judar) weren't getting controlled, he went to peer into their mind and soul, and was unable to, calling them an anomaly. So yes, it should cover that.
Okay, that's fine
You do have a point, I retract that statement, but it would still work as it basically acts as a debuff to his buff which would make his ability less effective overall.

I would like to point out that August has several forms of binding magic that can trap him in the ground or in magic tendrils that would halt his ability to move given he lacks Lifting Strength feats. August can also just put him to sleep if he gets close to him.

Yeah nevermind, I'll just vote for August.

August is very versatile, I would go into his CQC but that would take far too long, and August does still have crush magic, sleep magic, and far higher LS so yeah.

Alread seeing I gonna need to go on how the moray mind manipulation is so diferent from most thst might need a entire new form of mind manipulation resistence to be effective in most fights... Well, voting august even if is alread grace

Alread seeing I gonna need to go on how the moray mind manipulation is so diferent from most thst might need a entire new form of mind manipulation resistence to be effective in most fights... Well, voting august even if is alread grace
Can you add the results to their respective profiles tomorrow or whenever the grace period is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back