• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's Talk About Magolor: Fixing Kirby's Profile and Scaling

Kepekley23 said:
Void Termina's death explosion clearly doesn't scale to his normal AP, since Kirby was going to get killed by it, so I don't know why we're arguing that. Even if it's 3-B, it doesn't scale to anyone.
Kirby actually got hit and survived,he was left unconscious,no im not saying Kirby is 3-B,i mean VT is the one Who should even if outlier for Kirby.

You know, even though I agree with my fellow staff, I can't help but feel sad about all the disagreements... I really need to be a fan of stronger series, because not counting the CT, Rosalina, and the flea (who even then is my least favorite character in that game), nothing I like's better than tier 4.

Kepekley23 said:
Kirby got hit by a glancing blow. If he had taken the explosion in full, he'd have died.
But that would be still 3-B,even if is a glancing hit an at least 4-A wouldnt survive.

Not really. Due to inverse square law, being so far away from the epicenter means you only need to be a tiny, tiiinyyy fraction of the explosion's AP to tank a glancing hit.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
"almost every celestial body is gone"
Because he's not only not in the same location, but is being looked at from a different camera angle. You can even see numerous stars when the camera turns.
>You can even see numerous stars when the camera turns.

Not so many,at the beggining of the game It was pretty much saturated,also galactic bands are gone,as i said,if there are some stars,It can be even assumed its PIS for having some decoration.

Kepekley23 said:
Not really. Due to inverse square law, being so far away from the epicenter means you only need to be a tiny, tiiinyyy fraction of the explosion's AP to tank a glancing hit.
That's ok,but saying VT doesnt scales to his own feat doesnt have sense,we just could have 3-B VT and say the battle its just an outlier.

The real cal howard said:
You know, even though I agree with my fellow staff, I can't help but feel sad about all the disagreements... I really need to be a fan of stronger series, because not counting the CT, Rosalina, and the flea (who even then is my least favorite character in that game), nothing I like's better than tier 4.
Screw the tiers, all I need is Hax

Kirby71 said:
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
"almost every celestial body is gone"
Because he's not only not in the same location, but is being looked at from a different camera angle. You can even see numerous stars when the camera turns.
>You can even see numerous stars when the camera turns.
Not so many,at the beggining of the game It was pretty much saturated,also galactic bands are gone,as i said,if there are some stars,It can be even assumed its PIS for having some decoration.

There, that's the key for the solution.

How can Kirby fly past a galaxy as fast as flying past stars and even space clouds? All those celestial objects are just decorations, and the ones "he flies past" particularly were put there to depict motion…

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceFlecks

This is very used in the series… How can Ribbon on the Crystal and the Dark Matter clouds fly past galaxies as fast as flying past stars and even meteoroids?

So, the debris doesn't fly MFTL, and no explosion can destroy decorations.

@TriforcePower There are 3 feats which could give the verse their new top speed:

• Kirby flying to Another Dimension, the timeframe is around 3 secs but there's no distance as AD is not a universe now.
  • GK flying to Magolor's universe, the distance should still be the diameter of a universe, but the feat is described vague so the timeframe should be taken with tweezers.
  • The Dark Hearts being scattered across the universe, no timeframe and they could potentially have been scattered just across the galaxy.

Here's a crazy idea. How about not caring about how powerful a character is and liking them on their own merits? The same way you can love Macbeth and hate Suggsverse.

Or an even crazier idea. Even if you care about how strong a character is so much, you can still view them as however strong they are in your opinion regardless of this site's opinion.

OVOVOVOVOVOVO

Here's a crazy idea. How about not caring about how powerful a character is and liking them on their own merits? The same way you can love Macbeth and hate Suggsverse.

Or an even crazier idea. Even if you care about how strong a character is so much, you can still view them as however strong they are in your opinion regardless of this site's opinion.

OVOVOVOVOVOVO

Ryukama... HOW DARE YOU. Are you telling us that we can like a character regardless of their strength??? BLASPHEMY i say.

Ovrhide said:
Ryukama... HOW DARE YOU. Are you telling us that we can like a character regardless of their strength??? BLASPHEMY i say.
Oh no it's even worse. I also said that you don't have to believe in everything this site says and can form your own opinions on characters OvO

Oh no it's even worse. I also said that you don't have to believe in everything this site says and can form your own opinions on characters OvO

BURN THE WITCH

@Ryu.

What unintellectual drivel are you uttering, knave? Everybody knows that power and quality go hand and hand! Why else is Reinhard and 682 clicked more than Mario here?! Clearly, you don't know the ways of the world, you poor poor Ryukama. You're telling me that The Legend of Zelda tops at Low 2-C? Then it's clearly a worse verse than the 2-A Undertale, no exceptions. Chrono Trigger may be called one of the best RPGs of all times, but who cares? Its quote unquote "inferior" sequel has 2-A characters, so it's better. Goku is the best written shounen mainstream protagonist because he's the strongest and fastest (Seiya's not that mainstream)

OVOVOVOVO

@Ryu.
What unintellectual drivel are you uttering, knave? Everybody knows that power and quality go hand and hand! Why else is Reinhard and 682 clicked more than Mario here?! Clearly, you don't know the ways of the world, you poor poor Ryukama. You're telling me that The Legend of Zelda tops at Low 2-C? Then it's clearly a worse verse than the 2-A Undertale, no exceptions. Chrono Trigger may be called one of the best RPGs of all times, but who cares? Its quote unquote "inferior" sequel has 2-A characters, so it's better. Goku is the best written shounen mainstream protagonist because he's the strongest and fastest (Seiya's not that mainstream)

OVOVOVOVO
Delete that shti

Does it matter? I mean I guess as someone who is into both SMT and Digimon, I may not be the best to say this but....you really shouldn't care. If you try to force it, you'll start watching/playing/reading the series for feats only. Nothing more, i.e you are doing so for the completely wrong reason.

Lightbuster30 said:
People do realize that Bumping Magolor to 3-B downgrades Kirby to 4-B riiight? Just take what you can get.
Don't worry man,everyone agrees with 4-A magolor,the one im Bumping to 3-B is Void Termina.

Why don't you relax in the memes above like everyone does :D?

This is irrelavent to the topic, but does anyone know if this picture can be seen somewhere other than the guest star modes ending credits? It looks badass for it to just be included in the end credits on a small shot.

D93BF49B-8460-4E7A-B456-2D1847AB481F

The fight takes place in another galaxy.

Why? According to Kepley, the speed Kirby needed in order to reach Pop Star from one of the arms of the galaxy is slower than some of his previous feats. But Kirby was actively trying to escape from the explosion, meaning that he would have gone at his max speed. But if he had truly done so in the same galaxy, he would have reached Pop Star before the nine secons passed

TriforcePower1 said:
The fight takes place in another galaxy.
Why? According to Kepley, the speed Kirby needed in order to reach Pop Star from one of the arms of the galaxy is slower than some of his previous feats. But Kirby was actively trying to escape from the explosion, meaning that he would have gone at his max speed. But if he had truly done so in the same galaxy, he would have reached Pop Star before the nine secons passed
Video games are harder to analyze,remember the developers Focus on cutscene quality,they don't always mind:hey,that has no sense our character is faster than that,he should escape and cutscene by logic should last less than 1 sec.

The videogames Will always have non-sense things to obtain Gameplay quality and make the Game good.

This not means developers Will not do feats to show how Strong are their characters neither, like: hey lets make this character create a pocket dimension with galaxies,people Will say "OMG its OP"

a reminder: HAL loves to show how OP are their characters via statements (looks at "Kirby has infinite power pause description")

So videogames Will be always weird in that sense vía previous reasons.

Video games are harder to analyze,remember the developers Focus on cutscene quality,they don't always mind:hey,that has no sense our character is faster than that,he should escape and cutscene by logic should last less than 1 sec.

The videogames Will always have non-sense things to obtain Gameplay quality and make the Game good.

This not means developers Will not do feats to show how Strong are their characters neither, like: hey lets make this character create a pocket dimension with galaxies,people Will say "OMG its OP"

a reminder: HAL loves to show how OP are their characters via statements (looks at "Kirby has infinite power pause description")

So videogames Will be always weird in that sense vía previous reasons.

I'd agree with you if there was something that proved that the fight took place in the galaxy, but there isn't, so this proves that

Back