• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Power up outside of RPG level up mechanics integrated into actual story mode 🗿

The blights don't even show up until chapter 5 (And there's only 7 chapters in the main game) and each champion need help from their respective future partners just to stall one blight long enough for Link to show up and beat it's ass. They don't even help that much in the final battle against Nando himself, Link and Zelda do most of the heavy lifting while everyone else is just kinda there sometimes poking him.

The blights don't even show up until chapter 5 (And there's only 7 chapters in the main game) and each champion need help from their respective future partners just to stall one blight long enough for Link to show up and beat it's ass. They don't even help that much in the final battle against Nando himself, Link and Zelda do most of the heavy lifting while everyone else is just kinda there sometimes poking him.
Even then, Terrako had to self-destruct in order for them to even be able to scratch CG

"Nando" isn't even close to as funny as you think it is.

"Nando" isn't even close to as funny as you think it is.
Say that again and I'm taking this to the rules violation thread, same goes for if you try saying that "Crenando" isn't as funny as it is
Zo7qAHA.png

that's where you are wrong, I laugh every time
Glad someone appreciates comedy when they see it

Link doesn’t have a secret stone does he? So I don’t think he should have the transformation abilities
Holy frig dude, great work.

One thing that I think could be added to Link's resistance of Gloom is that he recovers much faster than other people from its effects. Others would be bedridden and sick for weeks or need sunlight with long rests, while Link simply needs a few moments of sun.

Mention the forms of Ganondorf the Master Sword killed, or else they'll assume base. Also, put a period on Zelda's quote.

If Smash Bros never went downhill, would you rather Link was treated like how Captain America is treated in The Avengers, or like how Batman is in the Justice League?

Uh also I don't think we can use the AoC calcs for Links speed, we'll just be using mine I believe

Pretty sure we decided something along the lines of not scaling botw and tears to AoC but AoC can scale from theml

Edit: also with this

Class M (Comparable to his Breath of the Wild self), at least Class M with Ultrahand | Class M (Physically strong enough to parry attacks from a Stone Talus), at least Class M with Ultrahand

He doesn't need seperate keys it should all just be Class M on one key since his LS doesn't really change and he can perform the exact same feats right from the start

Last edited:
Off topic its just so wild to me (no pun intended) that we have a Link in his 20s like with no time shenanigans or anything

Pretty sure we decided something along the lines of not scaling botw and tears to AoC but AoC can scale from theml
Alright but didn't someone recently make a FTL calc involving the Zonai mirrors?
He doesn't need seperate keys it should all just be Class M on one key since his LS doesn't really change and he can perform the exact same feats right from the start
Will do.
Mention the forms of Ganondorf the Master Sword killed, or else they'll assume base. Also, put a period on Zelda's quote.
Alright, I'll change it to something along the lines of "Defeated Demon King Ganondorf and his stronger Demon Dragon form"
Where did thousands of kilometers come from?
I just pulled that from the BotW profile. I'm not sure what it actually refers to.

Class M (Comparable to his Breath of the Wild self), at least Class M with Ultrahand | Class M (Physically strong enough to parry attacks from a Stone Talus), at least Class M with Ultrahand

This stuff

Alright, I'm pretty sure that everything. I'll make the actual page in the early afternoon unless anyone has objections. For now, I should go to bed.

Alright, I'm pretty sure that everything. I'll make the actual page in the early afternoon unless anyone has objections. For now, I should go to bed.
Still need a crt to produce pages like this btw I believe

If the page is brand new and doesn’t really have any connections to other pages that might lead to some changes, a CRT isn’t necessary. If it was an old page that got nuked and you’re remaking it however, that would need a CRT

Was gonna try posting this CRT but uh the wiki just ain't letting me lmao, wanted to double check everything was fine anyway so posting what I wrote up here to see if anyone has issues with it.

So Gloom, very funny ability they gave Crenando in Tears of the Kingdom. He and his phantoms can both manifest and use various Gloom Weapons that inflict the Gloom Affliction effect upon Link, directly attacking his life force and preventing Link from healing, the weapons even affect Link if he's the one using them since the Gloom the weapons are made of are noted as wearing down the victims body when used by them. But if Link uses Gloom weapons against Ganondorf they don't do anything besides basic damage. Doesn't lock his health the same way it does Link, doesn't make him weaker unlike anyone else who touches it for like even a second who becomes practically immobile, nothing like that at all the Gloom doesn't affect him.

Now usually we don't give people resistance to their own abilities (For good reason) which is why stuff like Ganondorf covering his own body in Gloom, standing in Gloom puddles he creates, or even the fact that Gloom is just his own blood manifested into weird unholy magic wasn't taken into account since he could've just easily ignorned himself while using Gloom, but in this case this is Gloom being used by someone else against him. So I'm proposing Ganondorf gets resistance to all the basic applications of Gloom (Which is everything listed under Gloom Affliction in his profile) since that's just what the stuff does naturally without Ganondorf twisting it for other effects. This would also give him a resistance to corrosion inducement since Gloom naturally corrodes anything it touches, and a resistance to soul manipulation since the Gloom Spear reaps a person's soul with a single cleave and he very clearly doesn't get his soul torn from his body no matter how many times Link stabs him with it.

The only part of Gloom Affliction I'm kinda on the fence about him resisting is the healing negation part, he does heal back to full health (And even gets more health) when he transforms into his demon form but I'm not sure if that's because he's healing or just because he just a lot more to give since he was holding back. Plus y'know, he has low-godly regen so it could easily just be that Glooms healing negation just isn't good enough against regen that absurdly high so he doesn't even need to resist it in the first place.

Very nice, got a few things I wanna say but I gotta head off for some errands in a sec so the things I wanna bring up the most are some resistance stuff and abilities.

Soul Manipulation isn't a part of Gloom Affliction anymore since the soul stuff is specifically attributed to the spear, so the justification for that specifically should be that he can be hit with the spear by Ganondorf or Phantom Ganon without losing his soul. He should also get sleep resistance since he can stand in the gloom inside the deku tree despite that gloom specfically putting everyone in korok forest to sleep, and he would also get corrosion inducement resistance since Gloom is just natually corrosive. And finally, and not entirely sure what key we could put this in, but Link himself also can make use of Gloom Affliction since he can use the Gloom Weapons (Comes with the unforutnate weakness that they still affect him when used) which also gives him soul manipulation via the Gloom Spear.

Yeah midgame sounds kinda right, getting all the champions abilities and all that is about when he should also start getting gloom weapons (Whether from random Phantom Ganons or from the one that disguised itself as Zelda)

Back