• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends (Garen calc is wrong, large scale AP revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the calc and realized it assumes that Garen summons his sword from the edge of the atmosphere... wat

I actually wanted to investigate the tiers for a long time but felt that it's too heavily wanked by many people including administrators, but I want accuracy, not favoritism on this website.

(Reference video based on the calc)

That's not it glinting from space, that's magical particle effects. You can literally see them eminatting from Garen's sword before Katarina looks up. Go frame by frame with the [,] and [.] keys. It's not dropping from space, that's itmanifesting in the air above them.

Even if it did come from space it in no way explains why it takes ~5 frames to drop from the atmosphere until it is 10m above their head and then ~12 frames for the rest of the 10m. Absolutely not. Regardless if it came from space or not (which it clearly doesn't) it drastically slows down before it hits the ground by that logic since it takes nearly x2 the amount of frames despite only being 10m above them.

Then there's the fact it doesn't even look like that in-game . You can see it spawning directly above your enemy when you use it. Slow down and go frame by frame again.

Lastly and this point is admittedly weak (but evidence nevertheless) but you'd expect a town level anvil drop to do more damage to the ground then slightly crack it (according to in-game visuals). Yeah fiction tends to ignore destructive capacity and attack potency correlation a lot, but this only serves to support the previous argument.

TL;DR - The math is fine for the calc but it makes batshit crazy assumptions.

How many people actually see the reference video and believe it drops from space rather than magically manifesting itself in mid-air?

How many people actually see the reference video and believe it drops from space rather than magically manifesting itself in mid-air?

It's manifesting in-air.

It is dropping from the edge of the atmosphere.

The poll was created at 08:24 on March 18, 2019, and so far 10 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

For good measure I have asked it on the League of Legends board. Maybe we can get his character designer or someone responsible for the lore to answer it for us and definitively put this atmospheric nonsense to rest. Additionally I have contacted three knowledgable members/supporters of the verse to come weigh in on the matter.

Okay then, this thread can wait I suppose. It's just that we've been revising speed for months now and we're still nowhere. It seems like it's being drawn out intentionally. I also think this is different enough from speed and we can have two revisions of a verse at once.

For the record, most people do think the calc is crazy, especially after the lore changes that render said video noncanon.

Yes garens feat is wrong, its why we havent used it for over a yaer. But for not im closing this. We are not doing this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back