• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends: Darkstar & cosmic court revisions

I still think that John seems to make sense.
ant that guy doesnt know what he's talking about, his narrative is flawed, he doenst back up anything he says with any sort evidence. everything i say is backed up by statements.
he even says how come rhaast didnt destroy the odyssey, when anyone who knows the slightest bit about odyssey knows that rhaasts sealed and in game, we have statement of rhaast laying waste to multiple realities at once

In-game, he says he destroys the entrails, not realities. Why do you keep insisting on this?
that basically is referring to realities as a whole stop trying to twist the statements, him saying "entrails" obviously means the entire space-time & matter of those realities in this context, because dark stars, have already shown feats of that degree
No she don't, lol. You need to understand the context behind sentences. Whenever they reference reality as universes, they always use "This reality" or "realities" when referring to more than one. Threads of reality doesn't mean the universe, it's the state of objective reality, the state of being real, not illusion.

They tear reality (the state, not the universe) asunder.
this is just plain stupid at this point,

Definition of reality

1: the quality or state of being real
2a(1): a real event, entity, or state of affair
(2): the totality of real things and events
yeah that pretty much means its referring to the entire universe if not more
btw reality is also snonymous with existence so there's that
As I said, the "existence" in Shyvana's line doesn't mean the universe. She says she'll consume existence, as in the state of being real. It's a stretch to think she means universes in this line.
existence literally means all that exists, there you go
The bulk of your argument are just speculations, and suggests we don't take further analysis on the statements and just take them at face value. You're interpreting every single statement and line to their highest degree. Also, you say that I don't have evidence backing me up when their most Dark Star/Cosmic Court description back my argument up.
it doesnt, the bios only states that they destroy planet & stars, this is like saying DMC is mountain level because they're consistently shown to have mountain level feats & all the other feats dont have any timeframe, thus not universal, im not exaggerating, this is literally what you're saying

ant that guy doesnt know what he's talking about, his narrative is flawed, he doenst back up anything he says with any sort evidence. everything i say is backed up by statements.
he even says how come rhaast didnt destroy the odyssey, when anyone who knows the slightest bit about odyssey knows that rhaasts sealed and in game, we have statement of rhaast laying waste to multiple realities at once
I'm just repeating Monarch's points, which still holds true for the most part.

Also, saying I don't know what I'm talking about and me having no evidence are false. I do know what I'm talking about, and I know enough to not take statements at face value, especially when they're not what they appear to be when taken a second glance. Everything you've came up so far, is just coating the statements in question with wanked interpretations topped with assumptions and nothing solid.

On the Rhaast part, he doesn't have any in-game line referencing him destroying the universe or whatnot. He says he destroys the entrails of realities, which you kept twisting to suit your own interpretation.

the Shyavana line literally says "......whole of existance..", when in the same quote she also mentions universe. Bruh thats pretty much tier2

Last edited:
I'm just repeating Monarch's points, which still holds true for the most part.
you arent. monarchs main argument is that corruptants feed the darkstar and that is how they destroy the universe
Also, saying I don't know what I'm talking about and me having no evidence are false.
just flat out lying, show me the scan where it says darkstars destroy the universe by devouring planets, or the one where they destroy the universe overtime,
I do know what I'm talking about, and I know enough to not take statements at face value, especially when they're not what they appear to be when taken a second glance
execpt they are what they appear to be, and so far you've brought nothing to suggest otherwise
Everything you've came up so far, is just coating the statements in question with wanked interpretations topped with assumptions and nothing solid.
the statements themselves are universal at face value, its you who's over interpretting them
On the Rhaast part, he doesn't have any in-game line referencing him destroying the universe or whatnot. He says he destroys the entrails of realities, which you kept twisting to suit your own interpretation
btw i asked ultima on discord about this, and given him the context, he said assuming its 2-B is fine

the Shyavana line literally says "......whole of existance..", when in the same quote she also mentions universe. Bruh thats pretty much tier2
Assuming we take this line at face value, and ignore that it's just a blatant boast which she hadn't done at all, this doesn't solidly mean she could one-shot universes. Taking most of their descriptions into account, she most likely was just going to rend the universe the same way as her kin, which is by destroying, or in this case, rending large swathes of celestial bodies until the universe is gone. Also, rending something piece by piece doesn't mean she destroys stuff in one go. And again, I'd rather take this route which is backed up by their description, rather than assume she one-shots universes based on speculation.

"Consume the whole of this terrible existence" also don't refer to the universe in this context. She just says she'll devour existence, that is the state of being alive or real, or having objective reality.
The existence there doesn't pertain to the universe in context. "The whole of this terrible existence" isn't the same as "all of existence".

Last edited:
you arent. monarchs main argument is that corruptants feed the darkstar and that is how they destroy the universe
That's Monarch's secondary argument. His main argument was that there's no timeframe or method, so we shouldn't assume they one-shot stuff. Considering their description doesn't give any reference to your arguments.
just flat out lying, show me the scan where it says darkstars destroy the universe by devouring planets, or the one where they destroy the universe overtime,
Read their description. Referring to their more consistent feats is flat-out better than mere speculation on them supposedly one-shotting universes.
execpt they are what they appear to be, and so far you've brought nothing to suggest otherwise
They are not. Monarch already debunked this. Them feeding the Dark Star or not, you still can't provide a timeframe or method.
the statements themselves are universal at face value, its you who's over interpretting them
There are more plausible and better alternative explanations for these statements, we don't take them at face value unless we have absolutely nothing to gather apart from that. That's the point of the downgrade thread.
btw i asked ultima on discord about this, and given him the context, he said assuming its 2-B is fine
No. destroying the entrails =/= destroying realities. Destroying the insides of something =/= destroying something whole. I don't care what anybody thinks. Enough of this.

That's Monarch's secondary argument. His main argument was that there's no timeframe or method, so we shouldn't assume they one-shot stuff. Considering their description doesn't give any reference to your arguments.
need i remind of monarchs conclusion of that thread?
Conclusion
Conclusion? The Dark Star and its servants are not each capable of destroying all of existence on one single blow. The "devour all of existence" statement Ezreal makes, and the "destroyed realities before" of Thresh do not refer to instant events, they refer to how the Dark Star and its servants are steadily moving across the universe, devouring everything that exists in it one by one, and feeding it to the Dark Star. Eventually, the entire universe would be erased, consumed by the living black hole singularity that is the Dark Star god, reducing the entire universe, matter, time (inspired by the idea that black holes consume space-time as they grow) and thought (because everything is erased and can't think), to nothing. They have done this to previous universes before, and now they are trying to do it to the Cosmic's universe, and then they will move on to the next, eventually devouring "all of existence"
Read their description. Referring to their more consistent feats is flat-out better than mere speculation on them supposedly one-shotting universes.
already addressed this, just because they do tier 4 feats doesnt mean they cant destroy the universe
They are not. Monarch already debunked this. Them feeding the Dark Star or not, you still can't provide a timeframe or method.
execpt them feeding the dark star is his debunking... can you read the downgrade thread before talking?
There are more plausible and better alternative explanations for these statements, we don't take them at face value unless we have absolutely nothing to gather apart from that. That's the point of the downgrade thread.
They arent anymore plausible than them destroying the universe, the latter has more backing, you currently have no backing
No. destroying the entrails =/= destroying realities. Destroying the insides of something =/= destroying something whole. I don't care what anybody thinks. Enough of this.
in context it would mean tier 2

We should obviously prefer to go by concrete feats over unproven speculation or hyperbole.

We should obviously prefer to go by concrete feats over unproven speculation or hyperbole.
they arent hyperbolic at all, darkstars could obviously destroy low 2-C structures, riven confirms that, and rhaast flat out says that he destroyed space, and entire realities at once, what people dont get about the "The entrails of countless realities are shattering in my wake!" statement is that its happening all at once, him just referring to him self destroying a few planets doesnt make any sense in this context.

Hmm. Has anything of this scale been shown on screen though?

it cant be shown on screen, because well the only thing we have to evaluate their feats are short stories & quotes thats it.

edit: i've asked ultima to come give his opinion on this whole matter, i suggest we wait for him to respond before jumping to conclusions

Last edited:
they arent hyperbolic at all, darkstars could obviously destroy low 2-C structures, riven confirms that, and rhaast flat out says that he destroyed space, and entire realities at once, what people dont get about the "The entrails of countless realities are shattering in my wake!" statement is that its happening all at once, him just referring to him self destroying a few planets doesnt make any sense in this context.
Riven confirmed nothing. Affecting Time and Space doesn't mean anything, otherwise, many characters below tier 5 would be universal, including Kaguya, who was gonna destroy Time and space as well. And no, they didn't destroy entire realities "at once", quit the lies. If there was such a statement, the dowgrade thread wouln't have existed in the first place.

I'm not saying Rhaast is just destroying a few planets, don't twist what I said. I'm saying Rhaast destroys celestial bodies (Stars, Galaxies, planets, etc), but obviously not realities themselves. He very blatantly states he only shattered the entrails, not the realities themselves. This is, of course, assuming he really does what he says and wasn't merely being arrogant, which you can't prove as well.

No need to be so stubborn with this.

Last edited:
They're just lore statements and in-game lines, so they can't be shown on screen. The OP's interpretation of the statements in question is just outlandish, and requires for us to speculate further when they have lore statements that's far more consistent.

it cant be shown on screen, because well the only thing we have to evaluate their feats are short stories & quotes thats it.

edit: i've asked ultima to come give his opinion on this whole matter, i suggest we wait for him to respond before jumping to conclusions
Okay. Let's wait for him then.
They're just lore statements and in-game lines, so they can't be shown on screen. The OP's interpretation of the statements in question is just outlandish, and requires for us to speculate further when they have lore statements that's far more consistent.
Okay. Noted.

Please avoid calling others liars and such though. It is unnecessarily hostile.

i'd like to add that the dark stars, could effortlessly destroy galaxies (as they all currently scale to effortlessly doing a 3-C feat), if their plan was to slowly devour the physical matter of a universe to destroy it, they wouldnt be devouring stars & planets, they would be destroying galaxies left & right, because they could, the cosmic court wouldnt be able to defend every galaxy because there are only 18 of them, again this is another flaw in the oppositions argument.

i'd like to add that the dark stars, could effortlessly destroy galaxies (as they all currently scale to effortlessly doing a 3-C feat),
Sure. I do have some problems with this though.
if their plan was to slowly devour the physical matter of a universe to destroy it, they wouldnt be devouring stars & planets, they would be destroying galaxies left & right, because they could, the cosmic court wouldnt be able to defend every galaxy because there are only 18 of them,
The only flaw in the current ratings is that they all scale to Tier 3. There's very obviously power gaps between them. Lux can destroy Galaxies casually, seeing as she was powerful even before she was corrupted, as she was the Queen's right hand. Most of them only showed Tier 4, few of them showed/stated to be Tier 3. But that's besides the point.

Regardless, quite a monumental assumption if you suggest they're universal due to the fact that they choose to destroy planets and stars, likely for pleasure, spite or fun, instead of destroying galaxies left and right, which they find boring.
again this is another flaw in the oppositions argument.
Not really.

The only flaw in the current ratings is that they all scale to Tier 3. There's very obviously power gaps between them. Lux can destroy Galaxies casually, seeing as she was powerful even before she was corrupted, as she was the Queen's right hand. Most of them only showed Tier 4, few of them showed/stated to be Tier 3. But that's besides the point.
first of all the whole scale to each other thing, your argument has been brought up (by the pro tier 2 guys no less) during the old thread and it was debunked by monarch
Regardless, quite a monumental assumption if you suggest they're universal due to the fact that they choose to destroy planets and stars, likely for pleasure, spite or fun, instead of destroying galaxies left and right, which they find boring.
im not, i'm suggesting they're universal because they have obvious feats of destroying space-time, im saying that if your narrative of them destroying the universe via destroying matter is true then they'll be destroying galaxies not star systems, thus it is a big hole in your argument.
also way to prove my point, you just said they destroy these stuff for fun not for ending the universe

Last edited:
° For reference, I think Monarch largely makes good points here, given that all of those statements do suggest that the method through which the Dark Stars destroy the universe involves getting rid of stars and solar systems in a gradual process. I don't think they're very convincing when applied to the statement saying they'll eventually destroy space and time, though, given that the spacetime continuum as a whole is an uncountably infinite structure, and so unless you want to argue that it will be destroyed as a result of a chain reaction instead of anything direct, whether or not its destruction takes place overtime is pretty irrelevant.

And, of course, that's not even to get into how destroying time overtime is kind of a nonsensical idea, but fiction tends to be wacky like that, so, I'll give LoL the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Servil up there also showed me a quote ("Why erase everything at once, when it can be savored.") which may justify the tidbit about reality's destruction happening across a period of time in this case, though I'm not at all knowledgeable about League of Legends, so, I'll leave that for you all to interpret.

Last edited:
° For reference, I think Monarch largely makes good points here, given that all of those statements do suggest that the method through which the Dark Stars destroy the universe involves getting rid of stars and solar systems in a gradual process.
it wouldnt make any sense for them to do that to destroy the universe tho, corruptants are currently able to effortlessly one shot galaxies, that was what was accepted in monarch's thread, if we go with this interpretation, than they wouldnt be destroying just star systems & planets, they would be erasing galaxies.
not to mention dark stars usually like to take their time when destroying, they obviously dont go all out. so this interpretation of them destroying the matter of the universe slowly does not make any sense, it isnt backed up by anything currently, it's just them doing tier 4/5 feats,

the method that is supported by some evidence though, is them just destroying space-time. which is tier 2

again this is backed up by :

"They callously pull at the threads of reality, tearing it asunder..."

"The geometry of space bends, and breaks, and bleeds!"

"The celestial court- mewling deities swaddled in the tattered fabric of space-time, cowering from annihilation's embrace."

"Time, space, reality - we shall consume all."

dark stars so far have shown the ability to destroy both space & time, rivens statement says that could tear reality itself asunder.

i still think the rating "at least Low 2-C" is the bare minimum for them.

Last edited:
I don't think they're very convincing when applied to the statement saying they'll eventually destroy space and time, though, given that the spacetime continuum as a whole is an uncountably infinite structure,
I'm not knowledgeable on time and space stuff, but there's been tons of characters that's been stated to be able to affect/destroy time and space who're below tier 4/5, including Kaguya from Naruto, who was gonna consume time and space as well before she was stopped. So this doesn't really sell me that much.
and so unless you want to argue that it will be destroyed as a result of a chain reaction instead of anything direct, whether or not its destruction takes place overtime is pretty irrelevant.
Monarch argues that the Dark Stars consume celestial bodies, and a few of them feed them to the Dark Star god, which would be the one to truly destroy universes, including time and space.

it wouldnt make any sense for them to do that to destroy the universe tho, corruptants are currently able to effortlessly one shot galaxies, that was what was accepted in monarch's thread, if we go with this interpretation, than they wouldnt be destroying just star systems & planets, they would be erasing galaxies.
not to mention dark stars usually like to take their time when destroying, they obviously dont go all out. so this interpretation of them destroying the matter of the universe slowly does not make any sense, it isnt backed up by anything currently, it's just them doing tier 4/5 feats,
Look, most of them were shown to only do tier 3/4 stuff. Few of them has statements or lines of universal destruction. Since these universal statements and lines are very few and far in between, we don't take them at face value, instead we refer to the more consistent feats, which are tier 3/4. We don't immediately jump to the idea of them being universal just because there's a few lines that vaguely say they do. Simple.
None of these lines imply tier 2 unless applied with the assumption that these happen instantly/at once, which they evidently don't. That last line is Thresh's line, so he most likely also refers to the Dark Star when he says "we", which is the one to destroy time and space.
dark stars so far have shown the ability to destroy both space & time, rivens statement says that could tear reality itself asunder.
No, they don't. Riven's line doesn't prove anything. I've addressed this repeatedly.

Actually, "Consuming all time, space, and reality" by definition means they are eating the space-time continuum. And while I can agree it's not instantly, devouring the universe is still Low 2-C regardless of timeframe as dividing an infinite value by a finite timeframe still gives us an infinite value.

that's been stated to be able to affect/destroy time and space who're below tier 4/5, including Kaguya from Naruto
false equivlancy, i dont know naruto verse but i dont think she's ever been stated to be able to affect the entire universe which is a requirement for low 2-C
Monarch argues that the Dark Stars consume celestial bodies, and a few of them feed them to the Dark Star god, which would be the one to truly destroy universes, including time and space.
which i already addressed in the OP
Look, most of them were shown to only do tier 3/4 stuff. Few of them has statements or lines of universal destruction. Since these universal statements and lines are very few and far in between, we don't take them at face value, instead we refer to the more consistent feats, which are tier 3/4. We don't immediately jump to the idea of them being universal just because there's a few lines that vaguely say they do. Simple.
not really, there's more stuff that imply tier 2 stuff, also that isnt relevant; i already proved they dont those feats to destroy the universe.
None of these lines imply tier 2 unless applied with the assumption that these happen instantly/at once, which they evidently don't. That last line is Thresh's line, so he most likely also refers to the Dark Star when he says "we", which is the one to destroy time and space.
yes, they do, infact rivens line is enough to disprove your entire argument, your argument is that we no method of them destroying the universe, when there is , also since thresh is also able to affect space-time the same way other corruptants do, and further more he uses the prefix "we" not "it", he's also doing those feats
No, they don't. Riven's line doesn't prove anything. I've addressed this repeatedly.
and i've debunked it repeatedly, riven is in this context, is obviously referring to the universe by saying "reality", because she literally says threads of reality
literally meaning fabric of reality, which proves she is referring to the universe

And while I can agree it's not instantly, devouring the universe is still Low 2-C regardless of timeframe as dividing an infinite value by a finite timeframe still gives us an infinite value.
Alright, sure. But the point is that most of them don't have the "consume time and space" statements. Only Thresh do, and he's the holder of the Dark Star, the one Monarch and I argues is the one who can legitimately destroy the universe, time and space and all. It's quite a stretch to say they all have this ability, or that they exactly scale to each other considering they don't have statements nor lines to give these assumptions the nod. Most of them only affect space and reality to some extent, and not time, which obviously has nothing to do with the space-time continuum.

false equivlancy, i dont know naruto verse but i dont think she's ever been stated to be able to affect the entire universe which is a requirement for low 2-C
It's the same concept. Personally, affecting space and time isn't gonna cut it. And only Thresh has the line, the others don't. They only affect space at varying degrees. And we don't have enough proof to say how much they actually affect it other than they "bend" and "break" it.
which i already addressed in the OP
All you literally said is that because only 2 of them has been stated to feed the Dar Star, that they can destroy stuff on their own. Which doesn't at all prove that they can destroy time and space, and the universe itself unless we pile up assumption after assumption. C'mon now.
not really, there's more stuff that imply tier 2 stuff, also that isnt relevant; i already proved they dont those feats to destroy the universe.
False, most lines and statements only refer to tier 3/4. All of these "tier 2" lines you've posted are vague, and do not actually straight up say they're at that level.
yes, they do, infact rivens line is enough to disprove your entire argument, your argument is that we no method of them destroying the universe, when there is , also since thresh is also able to affect space-time the same way other corruptants do, and further more he uses the prefix "we" not "it", he's also doing those feats
Riven's line, again, doesn't disprove my argument, nor does it mean anything.
and i've debunked it repeatedly, riven is in this context, is obviously referring to the universe by saying "reality", because she literally says threads of reality
literally meaning fabric of reality, which proves she is referring to the universe

She uses the term reality differently than when they refer to the universe itself. The line said"threads of reality", not "threads of this reality", or "threads of realities", which would imply she's referring to the concept and state of reality, not the universe.

It's the same concept. Personally, affecting space and time isn't gonna cut it. And only Thresh has the line, the others don't. They only affect space at varying degrees. And we don't have enough proof to say how much they actually affect it other than they "bend" and "break" it.
"An entity who carries the raw power of cosmic creation in her hands, Illaoi can slam the orb she holds into the very fabric of reality, allowing time to flow forward even in places where life has been eradicated."

yeah they can obviously affect time too, not to mention rhaast was passively distorting time while sealed in his scythe
All you literally said is that because only 2 of them has been stated to feed the Dar Star, that they can destroy stuff on their own. Which doesn't at all prove that they can destroy time and space, and the universe itself unless we pile up assumption after assumption. C'mon now.
all the evidence we have points to that direction, it's not piling assumption after assumption, its the best explaination
False, most lines and statements only refer to tier 3/4. All of these "tier 2" lines you've posted are vague, and do not actually straight up say they're at that level.

"I've destroyed realities. What threat is this beast?"

"Nobody devours all of existence on my watch! I live in there."

"It turns out the scythe was evil and wants to annihilate all reality. Who could've guessed?"

all of these are most certainly are tier 2, everytime they use the word "reality" in LoL, they're always refer to space-time continuums
Pulse fires refer to their timelines as realities
zoe stating that some realities have 5 Dimensions not like the usually 4 (not arguing Low 1-C here btw) Etc
She uses the term reality differently than when they refer to the universe itself. The line said"threads of reality", not "threads of this reality", or "threads of realities", which would imply she's referring to the concept and state of reality, not the universe.
ignoring all issues with that, such as why would she refer to the state of reality as having threads or fibers, that is basically something you use to refer to the space time fabric of a universe, that still means the universe lol, the concept of reality, basically means everything that is real, and the universe is a part of that everything

Last edited:
So should we go with Ultima's conclusion then, and if so, what statistics changes would this lead to for which characters?

So should we go with Ultima's conclusion then, and if so, what statistics changes would this lead to for which characters?
ultima pretty much stayed neutral on the whole thing, he said that the opposition makes some great points but he also said those arent convincing when applied to the tier 2 statements and then said he'll leave that for us to interpret

Okay. I thought that he agreed with some new arguments about Low 2-C level spacetime destruction.

Okay. I thought that he agreed with some new arguments about Low 2-C level spacetime destruction.
Ant, these are the staff that agreed with Monarch in the downgrade thread.

Celestial_Pegasus

Dragonmasterxyz

SomebodyData

Can you tag them, please? I'd like to see what they have to say on this matter.

If they agree with the OP, then I'd be fine with the related characters having 3-C, possibly Low 2-C rating.

That said, I still stand by my belief that Monarch's argument still holds true, and that there really isn't much to gather to assume they destroy universes instantly, or concepts like time and space by themselves without the Dark Star.

Last edited:
Ant, these are the staff that agreed with Monarch in the downgrade thread.

Celestial_Pegasus

Dragonmasterxyz

SomebodyData

Can you tag them, please? I'd like to see what they have to say on this matter.

If they agree with the OP, then I'd be fine with the related characters having 3-C, possibly Low 2-C rating.

That said, I still stand by my belief that Monarch's argument still holds true, and that there really isn't much to gather to assume they destroy universes instantly, or concepts like time and space by themselves without the Dark Star.
@Celestial_Pegasus @Dragonmasterxyz @SomebodyData

Would any of you be willing to help out here please?

It doesn't seem like we will get enough staff responses here.

so, ultima said he'll respond again, it may take some time, so please lets be patient & wait for his response before deciding anything.

Been dead for a while, eh.

I'm not knowledgeable on time and space stuff, but there's been tons of characters that's been stated to be able to affect/destroy time and space who're below tier 4/5, including Kaguya from Naruto, who was gonna consume time and space as well before she was stopped. So this doesn't really sell me that much.
Like Sevil alluded to up there, spacetime destruction feats are usually deemed as qualifying for Low 2-C once they hit a large enough scale, usually an universal one, below which we just deem them to be some hax ability. So, as I mentioned, eating away at the universe's space and time over any period of time is going to be a Low 2-C feat regardless of how you cut it, and, from what I see, the Dark Stars are already described as "pulling at the threads of reality," so it does seem like their influence extends beyond just destroying the material contents of the universe.

Back