• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Viego 5-B Scales. ( Black Mist. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Environmental damage caused by black fog

Greetings. The reason I bring this up is because the black fog is known as "The Game of the Fallen King" and "Destruction Animation". We've seen it. We know that Viego can envelop continents with his black fog, dominate them at will, and travel to the other side of the world in the blink of an eye.

But he also has the power to use the fog inside the black mist to destroy territory with beam/lightning-like attacks.

Most of this is already written in the character's profile.

It is repeatedly stated that the range of the black fog can magically envelop the world.

You can watch all the animations for yourself in the video linked below.

As Viego makes his way to Bilgewater, he covers a large area with black fog and destroys a random island.

In the Vsbw Profile, he potentially gets a High 6-A as he can cover continents.

However, since this is usually a range-based discourse, I think it should potentially get 5-B.

image.png
image.png

Should this thread be closed then?

Actually, his scale is correct on the profile. Surface wiping the planet (which this feat would fall into, as he can only cover the surface from what I'm seeing) is indeed High 6-A
As far as I can see, the High 6-A achievement given to Viego is all about range. Since the character can cover multiple continents, black fog and potential environmental damage gets a High 6-A.

However, his profile also states that he can cover the entire planet in terms of range.

So the only thing I wanted to understand was this.

The character gets the environmental damage scale for being able to encircle a continent.

If he can do that to the world, shouldn't he get that achievement?

(I don't have much tier knowledge, that's why I'm asking)

As far as I can see, the High 6-A achievement given to Viego is all about range. Since the character can cover multiple continents, black fog and potential environmental damage gets a High 6-A.

However, his profile also states that he can cover the entire planet in terms of range.

So the only thing I wanted to understand was this.

The character gets the environmental damage scale for being able to encircle a continent.

If he can do that to the world, shouldn't he get that achievement?

(I don't have much tier knowledge, that's why I'm asking)
Yeah, he can cover a planetary surface

That's High 6-A

Yeah, he can cover a planetary surface

That's High 6-A
What if he can get High 6-A because the potential environmental damage covers the surface of the continent.

Why can't it be 5-B when it covers the perimeter of the planet and can dominate and control the area?

Is there some kind of calculation that needs to be done?

I think this scale alone is inadequate.

What if he can get High 6-A because the potential environmental damage covers the surface of the continent.

Why can't it be 5-B when it covers the perimeter of the planet and can dominate and control the area?

Is there some kind of calculation that needs to be done?

I think this scale alone is inadequate.
I linked the calc in my original comment. To be 5-B he would need to be above the Gravitational Binding Energy of the planet, which his feat doesn't cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back