• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KOF overall upgrade to High 6-A via Athena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on discord asked me to post this for you all.
Snkh-4 44051592394 o
Based on the translation of the plot from the manuals of an old game called "Psycho Soldier", Athena and Kensou defeated a monster that engulfed the entire planet in darkness and destroyed civilizations in the past, and once revived, does the same to the present, at the end of the game, the ending says that the world got its light returned to them.

So, if the dark engulfing statementds are not enough for a High 6-A, perhaps "Destroying many ancient civilizations" would give them a solid 7-B or higher.

This should all scale to all baseline fighters in KOF since Psycho Soldier is considered canon in the official artbook of SNK Heroines.

Link to the Psycho Soldier Arcade Game manual -

https://retrogamegoods.com/gamegoods_item/snkエスエヌケイ「サイコソルジャー」攻略本

Screenshot 20190625-235815 YouTube
Screenshot 20190625-231912 Translate
Cdvb 014b

Was this feat done in a short amount of time? If no then this High 6-A rating can be added but it will remain in their profile as an over time feat.

The story summary from the manual states that the monster engulfed the world in darkness in an unknown amount of time and got sealed, and the game's engrish ending also states that the light returns to the world instantly upon the monster's death, so...

It is unknown how much it took to cause the darkness to engulf the planet, but Athena and Kensou stepping in just as soon as it does this implies a probably unreliable time of 38 minutes since that is the average time a full playthru of Psycho Soldier is since its an auto scroller.

So, the most reliable result for engulfing the world in darkness is unknown, but its death makes the light return instantly.

I am afraid that this seems unquantifiable to me. Engulfing the world in darkness is not a destructive energy output feat, and destroying civilisations could have been done over time.

Unlikely, since the timeframe of the game itself is around a couple of hours or so based on the backgrounds, which have a city in mostly ruins.

Are you sure covering the entire earth in darkness or anything isn't High 6-A?

Well it would cause problems if this scale to characters who have feats lower than High 6-A, such as losing or taking hits to characters who are weaker than them, making it an outlier.

Actually, no.

The feats the bottom tiers scale to is based on Kensou coutnering the Zero Cannon in the endings (which are nott even canon, the only canon ending is Team K beating the NESTS guys and Kula destroying the cannon before it would fire at the city)

And the high tiers are scaled to the feats done by Goenitz, you know, destroying the stadium, casually, also, Orochi was stated to be able to destroy the world if he wanted to.

None of them are high end or utterly below the rest of the cast for this to not be consistent, specially if the Samsho feats end up being somewhere close in terms of AP. (Since Nakoruru is now 100% canon to the KOF lore thanks to KOF 14 and Heroines.)

I'm not familiar with KoF's scaling chain so I'll just leave it alone until I learn about it

Orochi's statement should be taken with a grain of salt, while he is an extremely powerful character in the verse, we don't know how he would do it and destroying the world can be done over a long period of time.

Again, if somebody simply makes the world dark, this is a range feat, not an attack potency one, and even taking several hours to destroy a civilisation could be done in hundreds of separate attacks.

I am saying that this feat is not an outlier since all of the previous feats from the KOF verse are either non canon (Kensou reflecting Zero Cannon) or extremely casual (Goenitz)

And...i will wait to see if there is more info.

We still cannot properly measure any of it.

I will find some more info about the feat.

Regardless, it does seem the whole KOF verse is in despearte need of a full on re evaluation.

The base feat that scales the entire cast exept the main protagonists is non canon and based on a optional ending.

Regardless. Takuma also deflected the Zero Cannon casually and stated to not hold back against Kula and lther higher tiers.

There was a statement of perhaps surface wiping in 99', so, that could also work.

But perhaps, that is up for another thread to decide. I was a├▒most sure we had some darkness engulfimg feats in the wiki. Didnt witch Madoka do something similae by covering the planet in itself?

Hmm....now that I think about it, Ant has a point. If the darkness itself is not lethal or can't be measure, it can't be used for AP. After all, me making my room dark doesn't make me Room level.

Regardless.

The surface wiping thing was debunked and the zero canon was just city level.

Regardless, if we are using endings, Takuma completely deflected the blast at relativistic speeds. That should give everyone a speed bump and perhaps a more solid 7-B.

https://youtu.be/VAzlVHVov1E

The only real hope for an upgrade to the rest of the middle tiers is Nakoruru and Samsho being remade with new feats (that scale to the cast of KOF via KOF14 and herines.

We can close this thread now, will post the takuma thing in a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back