• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Moon! Tier One! The Ultimate Panacea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. And on the other side of this vortex is a realm outside time and space. The space in the center of the vortex isn't the world on the other side, it's just the space being traversed during the process.
Where is your evidence for this? This is pure conjecture on your part.

You said it yourself the translation where it says they traveled through to go to another space is false.

The other translations does not mention them leaving the dimensional space or going past it

The manga does not show them traveling through a coridor.

There’s no third space. Only two

Game center > space

Agreed, which is why the phrase "moving through dimensional space" is not referring to the world mentioned in the later sentence. Especially given it's literally "space beyond dimensions."
The description is a world beyond the third dimension. “Beyond dimension” is just a literal translation of the attack name, and the proper official attack name is hyper dimension or super dimension, not beyond dimension.

Where is your evidence for this? This is pure conjecture on your part.
Logical inference, like your claim that the sentence about "the world beyond time and space" is referring to the same location as "dimensional space" which is also pure conjecture.

There’s no third space. Only two
Yes. The vortex and the cavity in its center are part of the three dimensional world they are already inside of.

“Beyond dimension” is just a literal translation of the attack name, and the proper official attack name is hyper dimension or super dimension, not beyond dimension.
"Proper official" doesn't really take precedence over what the Japanese actually says. Nonetheless, you greatly mischaracterized the discussion that was had about the "name fallacy."

It's more so a case by case topic; but a name alone doesn't automatically justify what an attack or technique is

And I'm not even persuaded this is simply a name of an ability rather than a description of what is occurring.

Logical inference, like your claim that the sentence about "the world beyond time and space" is referring to the same location as "dimensional space" which is also pure conjecture.
I am not conjuring a third hypothetical world that is not described at all.

The description is referring to the space mentioned requires less assumptions that the description is referring to a third space not mentioned.

Yes. The vortex and the cavity in its center are part of the three dimensional world they are already inside of.
Again, vortex, cavity, wormhole and whatever thing you are going to come up with, are not interchangeable with the words, dimensional space.

The cast enter the vortex and enter the dimensional space.

Proper official" doesn't really take precedence over what the Japanese actually says. Nonetheless, you greatly mischaracterized the discussion that was had about the "name fallacy."

It's more so a case by case topic; but a name alone doesn't automatically justify what an attack or technique is

And I'm not even persuaded this is simply a name of an ability rather than a description of what is occurring.
If an attack is never translated as “Beyond Dimensional” and is translated as Hyper or Super then Beyond is not the accurate usage of the japanese word.

If you want to use the attack name as description then so be it, but we will use the official translation of the attack which is hyper/super dimensional space. Cherry picking “chou also means beyond” when the offical channels doesn’t call it that is not going to fly.

The senshi enter a vortex and end up in dimensional space that is called a hyper/super dimension. It is described as being not apart of the third dimension and is beyond time and space.

And this is the final thing i will say. I am done with this back and forth.

I am not conjuring a third hypothetical world that is not described at all.

The description is referring to the space mentioned requires less assumptions that the description is referring to a third space not mentioned.
I am also not proposing a third world. I said this explicitly in the post you're responding to, which makes this a particularly egregious strawman.

Again, vortex, cavity, wormhole and whatever thing you are going to come up with, are not interchangeable with the words, dimensional space.
The definition of a cavity is literally an empty space. A vortex is something that draws things towards a space at its center. That's the very definition of the words involved. This is more or less basic English.

If an attack is never translated as “Beyond Dimensional” and is translated as Hyper or Super then Beyond is not the accurate usage of the japanese word.
The prefix "super" and "hyper" both mean "beyond."

The adjective super is an abbreviated use of the prefix super-, which comes from the Latin super-, meaning “above,” “over,” or “beyond."
Hyper-: Prefix meaning high, beyond, excessive, or above normal

Explaining rudimentary linguistics to you has become tiresome, frankly.
The senshi enter a vortex and end up in dimensional space that is called a hyper/super dimension. It is described as being not apart of the third dimension and is beyond time and space.
Objectively false. It is called "cho jigen kukan" which is a "super dimensional space." You left out the word "space."

Your assertion is that a "superdimensional space" is immediately then referred to as a "dimensional space" to justify your assumption that the "dimensional space" is the world outside of "these three dimensions" to justify the claim that this realm must have higher spatial dimensions, when the premise is inherently contradictory (if it was a "dimensional space" it could not also be a "superdimensional space" this would be akin to something being both "supernatural" and "natural.") in addition to the fact that being "outside these three dimensions" doesn't mean it needs to be four dimensional.

Not a single aspect of your argument is logical.

Last edited:
Your assertion is that a "superdimensional space" is immediately then referring to as a "dimensional space
Is a super dimensional space not a type of dimensional space?

Is a super hero not a type of a hero?

Is a super power not a type of power?

Is a super position not a type of position?

You’re grasping at straws. I don’t care anymore. You win.

Is a super dimensional space not a type of dimensional space?
No, because the phrase "cho jigen" literally means "beyond dimensions."

Is a supernatural thing also a natural thing?
Is supersonic speed the same as sonic speed?

You’re grasping at straws.
Mate, your argument started with saying "It's called hyperdimensional therefore 4D" to "the name of the ability doesn't matter!" and is based entirely on the assumption that two unconnected phrases refer to the same location, when it is far more intuitive and less contradictory to assume it refers to the three-dimensional world.

This is your fifth attempt at the same upgrade. I am not the one grasping at straws here.

That has never been argument. Stop replying me
I'm not sure why you would attempt to tell such a bold-faced lie.

We do know the nature of the world. It's hyperdimenisonal, which means more than 3 spaces.
Hyper dimension is described as

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyperdimensional
: of or relating to space of more than three dimensions
Hyper dimension means a pertaining to more than 3 dimensions.
The word hyper dimensional literally means more than more dimensions than 3 SPATIAL dimensions.
Hyperdimension means pertaining to more than three dimension.
But hey, whatever floats your boat.

"Cho jigen kukan" and "jigen kukan" can't be the same thing. The "cho" prefix means "beyond." They moved thorugh jigen kukan to reach cho jigen kukan, you even said as such earlier:

It's reached by traveling through dimensional space.
The dimensional space they used to reach the beyond dimensional space is not beyond dimensional space, definitionally.

I think it would be better for you to argue for 2b or 2a as you have better chances of pulling it than low 1c not to mention the fact that staff already rejected it and there can be a discussion rule for it or you might get a topic ban.

"Cho jigen kukan" and "jigen kukan" can't be the same thing. The "cho" prefix means "beyond." They moved thorugh jigen kukan to reach cho jigen kukan, you even said as such earlier:

The dimensional space they used to reach the beyond dimensional space is not beyond dimensional space, definitionally.
That’s a supporting detail and you know it. Stop it! I already conceded. Leave me alone.

I think it would be better for you to argue for 2b or 2a as you have better chances of pulling it than low 1c not to mention the fact that staff already rejected it and there can be a discussion rule for it or you might get a topic ban.
There’s not even a basis for 2-B since there’s nothing indicating the dimensions are separate space-times.

Could you tag some evaluation staff?

That’s a supporting detail and you know it. Stop it! I already conceded. Leave me alone.
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

There’s not even a basis for 2-B since there’s nothing indicating the dimensions are separate space-times.

Could you tag some evaluation staff?
oh ok then I read in the blog that there are multiple dark mirrors and behind every mirror there could be a world I am not an expert in sailor moon cosmology but isn't this the reason why it is 2c because there is another universe behind the mirror and I thought this could be 2b

I'm not sure it would be effective. No one wants to step into five pages of semantic bickering about high tier stuff on a verse with very little staff interest.
So a closure of this thread is appropriate, plus a ban for him is happening and everything.

So a closure of this thread is appropriate, plus a ban for him is happening and everything.
He's not going to be banned. He may simply be asked not to make more Tier 1 upgrade attempts for this verse. I wouldn't say a closure is appropriate yet, only I have disagreed. I just don't think it's likely for more staff to get involved.

Also, i summarized my final low 1-C ideas in the op. Deagon can make a summary if he wants. But you dont have to read everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back