• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of Fighters and Samurai Showdown: High 6-A to Low 2-C overall upgrade + a possible 2-C feat.

I still disagree with scaling anything to KoF off an artbook that only mentions the original series of the characters.
KoF is a crossover by nature, and it's totally normal for guides and such to refer to the original series, just take a look at any other crossover game, they constantly says things like "X character from Y series" and such, but we don't do cross-scaling just because of that.
Me and others have extensively talked about this in previous messages, references from the artbook aren't nearly enough.

And I have yet to see a single evidence of Shizuka's creation feat scaling to her AP which isn't "she has energy projection attacks so it scales", which isn't an evidence at all.
Like, this feat doesn't meet requirements 2 and 4 of our Stabilization Feats page, and thus the feat can't scale to her overall AP and striking strength.
For similar reasons, it doesn't match some of the rules from the Creation Feats page.

The same applies to Kukri and the Sky Stage, and characters returning to their own world upon the destruction of the one where they have been transported previously isn't proof of them tanking the literal destruction of a universe.
Overtime this kind of feats have been discarded from many verses, like Mario, as it is extremely common in videogames for realms to just vanish and return its hosts home.

All in all, I say this entire thing can at most give additional AP values via Creation/Pocket Reality Manipulation.

1.- If KOF Nakoruru is not considered to be the same character as Samsho Nakoruru due to the Artbook (I should mention that it says "first appearance" rather than "from the X series", but that might just be semantics.), then the KOF characters stay as they are, unless some new feat of the sort is brought up in the future, of course.

2.- The Shizuka dimension creation feat should count as a AP feat due to it instantly dissapearing upon her defeat as shown in Junbei's ending in Samsho 2019. But, if that is not enough to be considered for AP, it should still count for range and possibly space-time manipulation since it does still have its own space-time separate from the "normal world."
If not, then the Samsho character's AP and durability remain the same.

3.- Kukri's 4-A feat is well documented on the arcade mode conversations above (1:14:46 , Yuri/Mian) and in the artbook (Kukri's page.) to be the result of a power he discovered in Egypt, and that realm contains a night sky as shown in the general arcade mode ending, and has shown to be able to manipulate it to the point he threatened to merge it with reality if he was victorious against the final pair of heroines.
This feat would only apply to him on a separate key due to us not knowing which pair canonically defeated him.

4.- To be completely honest, I have no idea what the new standards are for realm creation/sustaining feats. But Mirror Orochi's death did indeed trigger the destruction of such mirror world which contains its own space time based on the passage of time between stages. But if this is not enough, then we can discard this feat as well.

1) That's the thing, an artboon mentioning the series of origin of a crossover character doesn't make them canon in both ways.
Showing the character alingside their origina is a basic form of presentation when it comes to crossovers.

2) Disappearing instantly after her death means she's connected to it, but sustaining the realm doesn't necessarily scale to her attacks and physicals.
The new standards for sustainability feats require strong evidences that creating and sustaining a realm is strongly connected to one's physical stats and means of harming others, and I don't see such evidences here.
For more details, just check the page.
Range and hax are good, and the feat itself can still be listed as an additional AP value that scales only to her creation hax.

3) Same goes for Kukri. He went to Egypt, and discovered how to create and manipulate this realm and merge it with the real world.
Once again, evidences that it scales to everything else he does are required because of the policies, as I said in point 2.
Range, pocket reality and reality warping hax are still good, and the additional AP value can be given to his normal self FRA.

4) Refer to the above points once again, the argument is the same.
And for similar reasons we don't scale to durability the act of surviving the disappearance of a realm, especially if the characters are teleported back to their home world.

Instead of this tier 2 mumbo jumbo and cross scaling from samsho to kof, the series could use a huge revision from its games only and manuals or such that may exist abd whatever else first

Same to samsho, then the idea of cross scaling, if that is even legit to begin with, can be handled afterwards better

These verses are left forsakened in the dust with no idea if the stats are even that accurate and we try cross scaling to such a mess that it is too? The one who suggested this should just drop it till all else gets done

Making a verse wide revision is in my plans since forever, although I have to handle MK first, so I don't know when I would be able to start working on this.

Back