• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Editing (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bob

KH was still going to kill everyone, though. I don't see how this solves the problem. The dialogue I'm referring to happens at the very end, right before Xehanort is stopped.

So how is Kairi gonna be rated? Does her getting one-shot by Xehanort with a regular keyblade mean anything?

Xehanort with the Complete Keyblade and the True Kingdom Hearts is indeed 3-A, 100% legit.

Does anyone scale? Not really. Sora only defeated Xehanort through the Power of Friendship after explicitely dying to his attack. It was more like a temporary amp than anything. We have to understand, Kingdom Hearts has always been about the power of friendship, love, and hearts prevailing against adversity, and Sora is the literal embodiment of this trope. So while I can admit that when he, alongside Donald and Goofy, overcame Xehanort at the absolute height of his powers, which would indeed be a 3-A feat, it wouldn't apply to himself nor anyoe else in any other circumstance.

Except that would be requiring we ignore the entire fight in which Sora was both taking damage from Xehanort and dealing damage to him while he was empowered by KH(Armored Xehanort), and forced him to start using the X-Blade as well at the top of scala and the other GoL closing True KH because of how they won by the skin of their teeth.

Hst master said:
While this is going how do we label the Power of Waking? By Nomura it overwrited Reality to make their inital deaths never happen.
Where was this stated? Link, please? Did Nomura explain the useage of the Power of Waking in the new Ultimania or something?

Because from what I understand from the game's cutscenes, Sora died, held onto a form thanks to Kairi's power, was able to collect the pieces of conceptually scattered self, then used the Power of Waking to get the Hearts of his friends/the Seekers of Light back.

And dialogue implies that they're aware this isn't their first go against the darkness; If there was some time travel or reality overwriting, they wouldn't treat it like a repeated attempt, because they wouldn't remember the first time, when they lost.

-When we leave the Final World, we are back to the point just before Sora and his friends were defeated. Why is that?

Nomura: The power of awakening is essentially "the power to put sleeping hearts back the way they were." But the impact of forcing his friends' fading hearts back the way they were rewrote reality, and created a singularity. The rewrite caused the chronology in which they were destroyed to have "never happened."

https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...Scenario-Mysteries-Interview-Translated-14746

Ah. Thank you. That simeultaneously clears up & muddles things. Sasuga Nomura-sama.

But seriously, much appreciated. I was astonished the Ultimania stuff hadn't been linked here before & I think the info from it, that excerpt included, WILL prove valuable to the purposes of this thread. :)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I'll wait for the links.
My computer is incredibly slow at the moment, but here's some links to stuff I was talking about, just skipping to relevant parts of the scene.

Xehanort, channeling some of Kingdom Hearts' power, can one-shot Sora. It's not until Donald and Goofy stand with him that they can deflect the attack and counter it, defeating Xehanort.

Even after getting his ass beat, Xehanort tells Sora and co. that they're too late. Xehanort, despite being defeated, is shown to be confident, and Sora is worried. As a side note, Sora didn't even know that Kingdom Hearts was going to purge the world until after this.

Xehanort once again states that Kingdom Hearts can purge everything to give the world a fresh start. He also refers to it as an "empty world".

I will again repeat that this thing KH was going to do, the thing that was agreed to be universe level, never actually happens and is tanked/countered/used in any way by anyone. It can't, because Eraqus comes and convinces Xehanort to stop.

Xehanort then hands over the X Blade, which Sora and everyone else use to close Kingdom Hearts.

This is part of my issue here. Kingdom Hearts is 3-A because of something that was explicitly going to wipe everything, leaving an "empty world" where there could be a fresh start. This never actually happens because it is stopped, and KH thus never actually gets the chance to do this. I don't see why a ton of people are now backwards scaling to this thing that was going to wipe them and everything else in the entire universe out if it actually happened. I don't believe anything suggests that in that one scene, Sora, Donald, and Goofy countered the "full power" of KH, which wouldn't even make narrative sense since immediately after, it still had the power to erase the universe.

I'm just really not seeing the logical reason why anyone should scale to a power Xehanort never even got to use simply because they fought and beat Xehanort before he used the power. It feels like something that will be very hard to justify, unless there's something far more clear that I'm missing, which would be really appreciated so that I wouldn't have to keep arguing this and could go rest.

Again, I do not see how this compares to tanking or overpowering the 3-A thing Kingdom Hearts was going to do to wipe out the world. It's not like they're "fighting" Kingdom Hearts while it is actively trying to wipe them out. They are just trying to keep it closed.

That is not the same beam. Look at Kingdom Hearts in the background. When Xehanort uses the beam that one-shots Sora, Kingdom Hearts goes dark, everyone goes "OOAH!" for a moment, and then Xehanort shoots his laser at Sora. This does not mean it's comparable to the random beams from earlier.

Can someone just like...link the exact X-Blade statements? That would make this a lot easier.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm kind of sad that "bullshit friendship power" is almost more logical than pretty much anything else one could think up, but at least it's consistent with the themes of the series.
Fairy Tail upgrade incoming

I agree with Azathoth. Fighting Xehanort with the X-Blade is a completely different thing than fighting KH itself. Also, apart from the bad writing thing, that would have been impossible for Sora and co to fight the KH itself. Xehanort seems to use some part of KH's power, not his absolute might. It also seems that the True X-Blade, while somehow comparable in might, is not as powerful.

Hst master Actually, they need the True X-Blade to close the real KH and they use it by uniting their power in the end. Xehanort used KH's power to fight but we actually never see what would have happened if KH itself had unleashed its true might.

It has been already said but for those who keep asking, the 2-C thing was about the fact thatthe KH verse countains multiple realms and dimensions that are at the same time conected and separated (notably the Realm of Darkness and the Realm of Light) and that KH would eventually be able to affect theme while it would have wipe out the Universe (aka the RoL) at least.

I'm probably just really tired and missed it, but which statement is the one that says the X-Blade = Kingdom Hearts? The only ones I noticed were statements saying they're counterparts, and then this.

"It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect--one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light."

But the above statement is referring to the creation of the X-Blade, not its power in relation to KH.

That is, the "At least 3-A, possibly 2-C" would only be associated with KH with Xehanort and the True X-Blade beinge "3-A, likely higher" to me.

Natse I may be late but from what we saw, Kairi is weaker than the other fighters in the KG. Apossible scale for her would be "At least High 4-C, possibly" or "likely 3-A".

Azathoth It has been repeatdly said that they were comparablle in power but it's not clearly established. The only thing that would confirm it is that the True X-Blade is the equivalent of KH itself.

Also, the two hearts thing was only Xehanort's first attempt. The real X-Blade can only be forged by a fight between 7 lights and 13 darknesses (since it was shattered in 20 pieces that correspond to these during the Keyblade War). Xehanort himself says it in KH DDD..

General advertise. In the previous thread, we temporarily discussed creating profiles for some Disney characers that would likely be able to scale to an extent to Sora and co or at least that would "deserve" their own profile for their KH counterpart. If someone is interested, i can make a different thread about it.

ArkhamDC06 said:
General advertise. In the previous thread, we temporarily discussed creating profiles for some Disney characers that would likely be able to scale to an extent to Sora and co or at least that would "deserve" their own profile for their KH counterpart. If someone is interested, i can make a different thread about it.
Just do it.

Bobsican Done. I added some rules to follow for these characters, check if you think it's ok and edit it if you think it's not.

Now, about the editing thing in KH III, where were we ?

In order for the cosmology to be 2-C, the other realms needs to be universal sized and separated by space-time, so is there more than the realm of darkness is closed off from time to support it more?.

I don't think its a good idea to make profiles for Disney char. like Clayton, Sully and Elsa that completely scales to Sora unless they are in Blog, the last time they were present they were deleted, so if they appear again they will be likely targeted.

I think that the most everyone should scale to Xehanort X-Blade that was going to cleanse everyone should be discussed more before something is decided.

It is clearly showed that time doesn't exist at all in the realm of Darkness. Aqua had to create time itself in KH 0.2.

For the Disney characters thing, i add some rules about it in the thread i made. For example, as i specified, Clayton don't qualify for making a KH profile about him. Also, it's a debate thread in any case and for all the Disney characters that appear and would qualify, there not many.

ArkhamDC06 said:
It is clearly showed that time doesn't exist at all in the realm of Darkness. Aqua had to create time itself in KH 0.2.
You sure she created time? Either time works differently there, she's immortal, or Nomura's a hack because she hasn't aged a day there.

Yes, she had to create it to reconstruct the Castle of Dreams. She didn't aged because of the lack of time too but she is not really "immortal" since life itself doesn"t truly exist in the RoD (Heartless are not alive) and she can die. But in termes of longevity, since time doesn't exist in there, she doesn't aged.

Just want to say, Xehanort killing Sora legitimately would not matter at all. He's still comparable as he can fight Xehanort while amped by true KH and he wielded the X-Blade, but he's just inferior to him. So while Sora does get one shotted as you linked above, you absolutely ignored the part where he holds back the attack as well. It would be dumb to say that Sora isn't 3-A or at least comparable to Xehanort when he clashes with him with Donald and Goofy and holds back even some of his most powerful attacks.

They were all harming Xehanort but if we really want to use the logic it took all three to take him on, dividing the 3-A by three would still get Sora 3-B which is an upgrade nonetheless. Sora is also always amped by the Power of Friendship, Dream Drop Distance literally confirms that and the initial ending where Sora dies has him state he's powerless without those connections. To say Sora wouldn't be in the least bit comparable just because "he was amped by the Power of Friendship" isn't a good argument, it would just warrant a tier variation at worst for him to be either 3-B or 3-A with peak friendship. Or else I guess we invalidate all of Sora's feats such as where he states his friends are his power and proceeds to beat Xemnas afterward?

"you absolutely ignored the part where he holds back the attack as well."

I did not. Part of my point was that Xehanort channeling part of Kingdom Hearts' power is able to straight up kill Sora if he fails to block the attack (which he did before Donald and Goofy helped him), while Kingdom Hearts' power which was also apparently able to reduce the universe to emptiness was not something Sora ever tanked. No one did, because it never actually happened. I don't know why we're treating everything someone using KH does as equal to this hypothetical thing it is also capable of doing but never did, when it still had the power to do so after the fight (the only time it's ever mentioned)

If the X-Blade is 100% stated to just have equal power to KH, then none of this matters and it's just nonsensical writing and a frienship power up like many series have (but again, at least in KH the friendship thing is excusable because that is an integral theme of the series and canon source of power), but I wanted to know exactly what those statements are, because I could not find them in what was linked.

Okay, by virtue that he does block it in what you linked above, why would you not assume Sora is comparable if he holds back the attack? I'm not denying him getting killed by it and him being killed by not reacting on time as a possibility doesn't devalue Sora being comparable, just that he got killed off before he actually had a chance to ward it off.

He was tanking attacks from an amped Xehanort by Kingdom Hearts, he doesn't need to survive the reset when that statement alone confirms Universal Attack Potency. And realistically, I already told you how Sora would just be comparable, not full on equal to Xehanort, that just puts Xehanort at a further degree into 3-A than Sora is and you should know this. Also, it did happen, the action was just undone when Sora went back, I'm really doubting you even know the context of this if you don't know that simple fact. As soon as Xehanort opened KH, it became engulfed in darkness and everything else was starting to as well.

And I hope the statements that were provided were enough. If we're going to reach a middle ground even and if it's a problem to give Sora a solid 3-A, we can always just put him being 3-A at peak with maximum power of friendship because it canonically is where Sora gets all of his power, it would be kinda dumb to exclude the feat or else we might as well invalidate all of Sora's feats.

It's more a matter of I don't quite understand why everything Xehanort does when amped by Kingdom Hearts would be equal to something else Kingdom Hearts would be able to do, especially when no one tanked its 3-A attack (because it was stopped). If Sora canonically could be one-shot by Xehanort using part of Kingdom Hearts' power, even if he's able to block it, I'm not sure why he's scaling to something else KH could do when we don't know the comparative power.

Everything starting to be covered in darkness does not mean everything was completely erased, though. I'm confused where you're getting this from, unless there's something I missed. Xehanort doesn't even mention this until after you've defeated him.

Really all I want are the X-Blade statements. Because if it's flat out confirmed to be equal to KH in power, then none of this matters.

The fact is that the X-Blade is said to be the counterpart of KH for the Keyblade and is more a tool to have access to KH power. So, from what i can tell, it's not exactly equal in power, it's more "comparable" and on a similar level. But KH as a world is higher anyway.

To me, Sora is 3-A and Xehanort is 3-A, possiblly higher because, while Xehanort has more power with the X-Blade, he isn't invincible. The "higher" thing allows him to one-shot Sora but Sora still has some very impressive feats and is still capable to fighting Xehanort and hurt him before that.

Xehanort: "Do you see, my blue stupid little pig? I have managed to reach what you never managed to do in years! Now I'm being upgraded to 3-A, and with a statement about me affecting a "world", not even needing to say "Universe", just to shame you more!"

Ganon: "You know, I know I should be angry but at least I got defeated in a fair fight against the ancient soul of a legendary hero incarnated. You got defeated FT style by a boy, a duck and a dog. I knew that Duck&Hunt was OP in Smash, but I didn't think it was THAT OP."

Xenahort: "That doesn't count. At least-"

Ganon: "At least you killed his friends? That just got overwritten away. Also, I actually got the object I've always desired and completed half of my plan. Also, my hax is better that yours ;P"

LOL XD

To be serious, the X-Blade is more a tool to channel KH's true power rather than being on the same exact level of power. It allows its wielder to summon and control KH's power. So in any case, KH (World) is still top tier.

The True X-Blade in multiple sources is stated to be the Counterpart to The True Kingdom Hearts.

@Triforce

Xehanort did complete half of his plan, Get the True X-Blade and True KH. That said, how is this relevant to the revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back