• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen revision - Part 1: Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to understand your point here. Are you assuming that one frame to the next has a small timeskip even though nothing indicates this?
Yes? This is literally how we always assume things in comic and manga. A page isn't a single scene. Each panel is a scene and each one after the next something has happened in between in most cases.

Okay. So has everything been rejected here, or have some suggestions been accepted.
pretty much everything is being argued while some people agreed with some, but the MHS and MHS+ has been disagreed with by virtually everyone so far. but i will say they should all read through the thread so they can have better judgement and what not

I agree with the MSH Gojo feat
And since I do think he dodged

The discussion on that should be more so whether Jogo has any right scaling to it or if only Adult Gojo and Special grades comparable to him will be that fast.

pretty much everything is being argued while some people agreed with some, but the MHS and MHS+ has been disagreed with by virtually everyone so far. but i will say they should all read through the thread so they can have better judgement and what not
It is to demand too much of our staff to read through the entireties of all the discussions they have to evaluate, if they have hundreds of posts.

Summaries are necessary.

I'd say this is the only solid feat, though a subsonic low-end is possible and the feat by itself can't couter all the anti-feats.
Cool, feat valid.
The context is wrong though. They notice Geto before he started speaking.
Nope. Context is correct, Geto in is in front of them, then appears directly in front of them. Which Panda, Maki and Inumaki only notice after he speaks. It literally shows them registering his presence after he blitzes them in the next panel, which them even having white spark next them showing them registration them. Feat is valid. They never notice him move directly in front, only after he spoke.
Questionable as it is 'counting the frames' of a still-image with special effects (like shaking and zooming out). It is better off to assume that the tree appeared in the blink of an eye, which still allows subsonic speed.
This is how many feats are done. If this a problem, then its a whole VSBW problem that needs to be checked but as of now, counting the frames is a valid form of calcing feats. Even so if a timeframe was assumed it would superhuman as they are superhuman, which would give greater results. Either way, calcing method is valid and the feat is too.
Uses a high end perception for the audience (maximum recorded human perception in a study, which acknowledges that the results are influenced by the participants practicing), when it is possible for human perception to be much lower when they are not concentrating/skilled.
The feat was said in the comments to be accepted and asked about, so the speed used would be valid.
Extremely questionable even with the 'benefit of doubt'.
Maki reacts to the stone hands and dodges -> stone hand user reacts to Maki's reaction and makes the stone hand follow Maki while she is mid-air and unable to dodge -> Calculate the final length of the stone hand and assume that it finished fully expanding before someone can react.
Maki being able to react to it when it came out. The whole stone hands made a single movement/action. Its speeds to would be the same from coming to catching her. The final length is what it travelled in the single action, and Maki was able to react and dodge it in the beginning. Only when she was in mid air with no platform to jump of she couldn't do anything but let it catch her. Basically, the final length is the entire distance that hands travelled in a single action, Maki is able to react and dodge it by jumping, but can't after since she can't move while in mid air with a platform.

There is nothing wrong him also reacting to maki.
It was generally agreed that MakiMai was most likely using a rubber bullet just like she did moments before, as she'll get in trouble if she uses real bullets against someone other than Yuji.

Already explained why the feat is extremely questionable.
You're idea of it being an imagination would make no sense. Nowhere is it implied that it is her own imagination, not only that Gege himself would of already confirmed this if it was the case, the author who openly shuts down theories and spoils aspects of his story. he would said something if it as.

You also argue imagination because when she catches the its looks further away than it was initially, while this is just an obvious case of bad perspective and angle, as well as just mistake on the animators part, but this is only present in the anime, in the manga she literally swipes it out of her face, so if we do grant it as an imagination it would only be for the anime and not the primary source the manga.
The statement that got cited is Maki being in trouble because Naoya surpassed subsonic speed. Arguing whether subsonic speed was surpassed in that panel or a couple of panels before is not relevant to the point. Furthermore the ability itself gives us plenty of subsonic anti-feats we can easily calc.

Saying that one of the fastest characters in the entire verse managed to surpass subsonic speed with effort and amps is not an invitation to upgrade the entire verse.
The statement reads "Who had already surpassed subsonic speed" as he decides to go all out. Its past tense he had surpassed subsonic speed well earlier in their fight not then. And he was going to go all out All out speed Naoya >>> previous Naoya >>> subsonic speeds. If Naoya had surpassed subsonic sped sin the moment it would say "Surpassing subsonic speed" or "Having surpassed subsonic speeds".

It also says that the Naoya that had surpassed subsonic speeds would be trouble for her as, this doesn't limit everyone to subsonic. For example I could be hypersonic, and then some comes and is speeding around who is said to surpass subsonic. Does make me subsonic? No it s just means that speeding around me is faster than me is hypersonic or higher, which would also be above subsonic.

My thoughts

The scaling regarding black flash:
it is a no for me too. I don't think we can gauge reaction or perception of curse energy flow, especially if no in the verse can do it at will.

Speed scaling regarding the subsonic statement:
Doesn't make sense, there are feats that contradict the statement which I have expressed my thoughts above in the thread. Not only that, assuming the statement is true, the characters from beginning of the series would be scaling from subsonic and subsonic+ feats, which throughout the series they get much stronger and faster, easily bridging the gap above subsonic. So in no real way do I see this statement making sense. The statement should be disregarded in my opinion.

KingTempest and Mitch: Thank you for helping out.

Is somebody willing to write an explanations of what our staff members need to evaluate here?

It also says that the Naoya that had surpassed subsonic speeds would be trouble for her as, this doesn't limit everyone to subsonic. For example I could be hypersonic, and then some comes and is speeding around who is said to surpass subsonic. Does make me subsonic? No it s just means that speeding around me is faster than me is hypersonic or higher, which would also be above subsonic.
This is gibberish and a bad example honestly it makes no sense

We shouldn't ignore statements regarding speed made by Gege in the source material, or more specifically the statement about Naoya moving above subsonic speeds as he is approaching his top speed. This, to me, suggests that Gege intended Naoya (one of the fastest characters he has introduced) to only be above subsonic speeds and below the speed of sound due to the fact that he would have mentioned another unit of speed (supersonic, hypersonic) otherwise.

I'm sure JJK will get better speed feats later but people were too quick trying to inflate the verse especially in the early days and not just with speed. That's why we got all those Domain/AP discussions and endless Black Flash/Speed discussions despite stuff already being clear in the manga.

KingTempest and Mitch: Thank you for helping out.

Is somebody willing to write an explanations of what our staff members need to evaluate here?
MHS+ is completely rejected and it is agreed characters should lose their Massively Hypersonic+ Reaction time until a character can willingly do the Black flash.

MHS and High Hypersonic are currently being questioned due to a statement claiming a character surpassed subsonic speed

With people using author intent to claim that if said character was Hypersonic or High Hypersonic then logically a speed measurement like “Supersonic/Hypersonic speeds” would have been used

People are arguing back given how many feats/Calcs in the verse are subsonic and above it would be inconsistent for one of the fastest characters to only be subsonic/transonic when he’s not amping himself.

Edit: Another thing about MHS people don’t agree with giving Todo perception for making a imagination in 0.01 seconds

And idk how people feel about the explosion dodge but 2 people agree with that feat while 1 disagrees with it.

Lengthy summary I know.

Last edited:
MHS+ is completely rejected and it is agreed characters should lose their Massively Hypersonic+ Reaction time until a character can willingly do the Black flash.

MHS and High Hypersonic are currently being questioned due to a statement claiming a character surpassed subsonic speed

With people using author intent to claim that if said character was Hypersonic or High Hypersonic then logically a speed measurement like “Supersonic/Hypersonic speeds” would have been used

People are arguing back given how many feats/Calcs in the verse are subsonic and above it would be inconsistent for one of the fastest characters to only be subsonic when he’s not amping himself.

Edit: Another thing about MHS people don’t agree with giving Todo perception for making a imagination in 0.01 seconds

And idk how people feel about the explosion dodge but 2 people agree with that feat while 1 disagrees with it.

Lengthy summary I know.
Thank you.

@DemonGodMitchAubin @KingTempest @Zaratthustra @Shadowbokunohero

What do you think about this?

Im a new user, and im also kinda late to the party but:
In my opinion, the BF users should get MHS+ perception, but not reaction(as you cant do it willingly).It kind of seems weird for even shamans to have their reaction time be equal to their perception time with just concentration.The reason i say this is because during a period of immense concentration shamans can make a concious decision like applying CE to a strike.Even assuming that during this period they reach their peak reaction time, would it be equal to their perception time?Shamans being able to have an MHS+ reaction even if its incredibly rare should constitute for an MHS + perception i think.

Also i dont think this feat has been calced :
10.jpg

The guy in the scan is a grade 1 sorcerer and thus should scale to Maki and her bullet reaction feat's time frame which is 0.00005625 seconds
I cant pixel scale very well, so i dont know the distance here but it should be pretty significant.It would probably be MHS+ if someone managed to calc it

In my opinion, the BF users should get MHS+ perception, but not reaction(as you cant do it willingly).It kind of seems weird for even shamans to have their reaction time be equal to their perception time with just concentration.The reason i say this is because during a period of immense concentration shamans can make a concious decision like applying CE to a strike.Even assuming that during this period they reach their peak reaction time, would it be equal to their perception time?Shamans being able to have an MHS+ reaction even if its incredibly rare should constitute for an MHS + perception i think.

10.jpg

The guy in the scan is a grade 1 sorcerer and thus should scale to Maki and her bullet reaction feat's time frame which is 0.00005625 seconds
I cant pixel scale very well, so i dont know the distance here but it should be pretty significant.It would probably be MHS+ if someone managed to calc it
That would be calc stacking

10.jpg

Calc stacking Isnt allowed dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back