• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread II: Battle Tendency

But, who hasn't read all of Jorge Joestar, its sequel, its prequel, its prequel, its prequel, its 20+ spin offs and an interview on it?

And I'm not ******* around, Jorge Joestar is the third in a trilogy of books by Otaro Maijo. Tsukumojuku (who is jorge's friend in the book) and Disco Detective Wednesday.

What does this mean for the profiles? Litterally nothing, Kars has 4th wall awareness (as a plot point, it's a meta franchise like medaka) and Joji has time dilation by concentrating (but he cant move when he does it and isnt even aware it's time dilation), litterally it.

It only matters if we make a tsukumojuku profile. Why is a jojo novel the finale of a unrelated meta novel trilogy? lol idk he just wanted it to be, beyond didnt even originate in jorge joestar, its from the previous two books.

And I'm just over here like, ok this doesnt effect the jojo profiles at all other than the two things I mentioned.

But what about a tsukumojuku profile.
Tumblr pmnuiaI4mw1vutmaeo5 1280
Tumblr pmnuiaI4mw1vutmaeo3 1280
Who is so hot due to his status as main character that he has to wear glasses otherwise even straight men faint upon seeing him.

Genericstickman said:
Well isn't that just swell, I guess our current profiles are outdated
How'd you get that idea? Nothing actually changes. None of the stats, powers, etc Only thing that changes is that kars is aware of the 4th wall (he cant interact with it, he's just aware of it) and joji has super limited time dilation that he doesnt even realize it's time dilation and cant be used in battle.

It's technically a stand alone, the jojo characters arent in any of the other novels. It only matters if we make a tsukumojuku profile.

The Smashor said:
I mean, if those books have more information about Beyond...
that is something we desperately need
Yeah? Tsukumojuku had Beyond prior to Jorge.

It honestly doesnt change much of what it can do though, it aint explained in depth outside of noncanon (by a different author unrelated to this incarnation). It's powers basically the same, it just has a bit more showings of how it can make the plot favour it's preferred individual. But I was wrong, JDC aint canon to it so ignore those, Otaro used the setting from those books but said books are noncanon to his story. So only Tukumojuku and Disco canon.

On another note.

Okuyasu's Stand should have a weakness, it's confirmed that it has literal tunnel vision and cant see fully due to the blinders on its head.

What do you mean? It aint gonna come out and fight if that's what you mean. But it's plot bullshit and helping JoJi? Yeah, that's passive, even the most wtf why that's impossible shit will happen if it'd help him. Like being teleported to mars because lol it'll move the plot forward to help him. Or lol being teleported from the first universe while half dead to in the middle of the street in the 37th in a different time so Doppio will find him and and take him to Rohan's house. Or other things. It aint gonna fight, but it can and will have bullshit happen, even the most wildest wtf shit if it'd benefit it's main character.

He'd scale off of Sale, Purple Haze and Straizo in speed.

I lied, no straizo scaling. Ony PH and Voodoo child and sale scaling.

Did he even interact with Sale? The Narcos introduction scene is Sale killing himself accidentally due to Dolly Dagger after which he enters the scene with Volpe, carrying Zuccero's high af deflated body. Also, the way the introduction is written implies that Vittorio and Angelica took care of Sale while Volpe did the same for Zucchero. Vladimir isn't shown to have been involved in the capture and death of either.

He also wouldn't scale to PH as he got surprise attacked from the sky while he was distracted interrogating Cannolo.

He likely only scales to Voodoo Child, who is faster than Soft Machine (although Zucchero was heavily drugged and likely slower than usual).

Oh shit that'd explain the miscommunication. I got Zucchero and Sale's names mixed up. I was thinking him reacting to Voodoo would give him scaling off Soft Machine.

He actually did react to Fugo and Purple Haze, he tried to scream but it was to late. He couldnt actually do anything to stop or move but he did manage to lock eyes and try to scream so he could clearly perceive PH going in for the punch, as such it'd only scale to his perception, not movement or anything.

Wasnt Zucchero actually faster than usual? Due to the fact he had to be constantly moving as fast as possible otherwise he'd litterally explode? As well as having his bodily functions enhanced to a fatal degree?

UltimateFlare said:
Do you guys think King Crimson may have been even stronger when Diavolo was younger?
Maybe. Although nothing actually gives evidence for that. And not all stands get weaker with age. While it's a maybe, that's all it would be as we lack info.

UltimateFlare said:
Do you guys think King Crimson may have been even stronger when Diavolo was younger?
Probably no. A newly formed Stand would always be weaker than it when its frequently used. Examples include Star Platinum and Heaven's Door. Conversely, an unused Stand becomes weaker over time. Star Platinum is the example again.

Star Platinum wasnt actually underused, it's time stop was though. We know he was using SP off panel hunting down criminals and doing work for the SWF.

(Plus we never actually see SP's peak, his peak was when Jotaro was 18, that's after Part 3 ended).

Oh yeah, Manic Depression boosts speed to unsustainable levels. Even so, he won't be too much faster than before still. I see we don't have a Mario profile yet, what would his speed be? Buccellati explicitly called Soft Machine slow, meaning we can't use him for scaling. Him managing to poke Giorno and gang isn't a speed feat either, more of a stealth mastery feat. As long as we can establish a speed rating for Zucc, we can scale it to Sheila and then to Vlad.

It likely won't have been that strong considering it's only one year older than part 3 Jotaro...or less considering the year he faced DIO was the same year he became 18

TacticalNuke002 said:
Oh yeah, Manic Depression boosts speed to unsustainable levels. Even so, he won't be too much faster than before still. I see we don't have a Mario profile yet, what would his speed be? Buccellati explicitly called Soft Machine slow, meaning we can't use him for scaling. Him managing to poke Giorno and gang isn't a speed feat either, more of a stealth mastery feat. As long as we can establish a speed rating for Zucc, we can scale it to Sheila and then to Vlad.
Fast enough to blitz Narancia. So like, hypersonic.

Ultimate, it's outright stated that Jotaro was at his strongest when he was 18. He wasnt 18 yet when he fought DIO, as such he wasnt at his peak yet.

By the way, where is it said that Anubis buffs it's current user? Pol mostly fights characters who Jotaro dosn't fight, so if it dosn't then it's reasonable to scale SC to Jotaro and SP's durability if it actually dosn't. Magician's Red would scale via damaging Judgement when Chariot couldn't. The only crusaders who wouldn't scale are Kakyoin and Iggy.

Yes his peak, I just don't see it as being that strong, especially considering he's only one year/a few months older than DIO's World Jotaro.

At best he's only slightly stronger.

It's speed when you can do so before he even gets a chance to call out for help. It was done steathily, doesnt change the fact it was done fast enough to not alert others.

UltimateFlare said:
Yes his peak, I just don't see it as being that strong, especially considering he's only one year/a few months older than DIO's World Jotaro.
At best he's only slightly stronger.
You say that, but SP went from being fast but still being capable of getting blitzed to the fastest stand on the planet outright stated multiple times on panel in like 1.5 months and went from being weaker than THe World to punching him so hard it exploded within 2 minutes. We dont know how much stronger he is true, but assuming it's negligible is a bit iffy.

Soft Machine incapacitates so Narancia wouldn't have been able to shout out anyway. Also it looked like he leaned back too much and fell over, so the gang weren't immediately alerted.

If you arent on board with using Narancia. There's still him blitzing Fugo. And that we can assume he did, seeing as Fugo tried to retaliate judging by the caved in metal and Fugo would be looking right at him when he got attacked.

Ok, the faster stand I don't feel I can argue (cuz I don't know enough of it) but where was it stated that he grew stronger in the middle of the DIO fight, Star Platinum was always on par/stronger than The World, aside from the initial clash but even then it's Jotaro just testing him (later on Jotaro stops playing and donuts him, then he remains stronger during the rest of the fight.

Also SP destroyed TW cause DIO didn't bother to heal his leg and even then it cracked it's fist a little.

You cant argue the speed thing because it's stated on panel.

SP wasnt stronger than The World, he lost the initial clash, was overpowered and was even slower at points being incapabe of reaction or dodging. Jotaro wasnt testing him, Dio was testing Jotaro, Jotaro on the othr hand wanted him dead.

The example you used aint up to par because it was done while The World wasnt guarding or expecting an attack.

And after? Dio goes all out and even yells Stand power at maximm it smashes through SP's guard in one move. So it clearly wasnt stronger throughout the rest of the arc.

Superficial wounds dont reflect on stands like SP, example Jotaro getting holes blown through him in SHA. Only permanent damage does. But ignoring that, The World's leg was fine and SP didnt crack it's leg, he cracked it's entire body at the cost of only slight damage to its hand, while 100 seconds prior, he was stated to be weaker than it and lost the initial clash.

There's too many unknowns involved, so I won't do anything about Vlad's speed, although if anyone can establish a scaling, feel free to change it. Although can we agree that the telepathy is passive within Rainy Day Dream Away's range.

Might make an Angelica profile later too. Nightbird Flying's ability to transmit last stage drug addiction symptoms is quite freaky.

Not really, at least not with Fugo.

We know he was looking straight at Soft Machine, we know they had a cross counter and Fugo tried to retaliate but couldnt defend himself in time, and we know it all happened in a fraction of a second, between the time Bruno reached to the cover and actually touching it (going off the manga).

At the least, I'd say that is enough to scale Soft Machine to Fugo, because we know there was a cross counter.

Go ahead, although bringing that up, Manic should have virus resistance, he actually halted Purple Haze's virus completely.

I'd also like to point out we know it was Fugo who damaged the metal, because it was caved inward, not outward.

As for Manic, I'm talking about him stopping Haze when Angelica was 90% dead and keeping her alive if anyone wasmt sure.

Back