• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with scaling for the MHA verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is referring to the injury of his torso, at no point he states he has less durability than before, that would make no sense as his entire body regenerated previously before this fight.

Do you really think that a human comparable to you could rip pieces of your body with a barrage of punches? Not even the strongest human would be able to do that.

"If only those scummy heroes didn't push me to my limits... no. Other than my imperfect body, One for All is... Getting in the way of my dreams!"

Shiggy himself thought that he was losing due to his limits, but then immediately concluded they don't matter. Deku would have him in this exact same position, beating him easily, whether Shiggy was weakened or not. That's what his statement actually implies.

"If only those scummy heroes didn't push me to my limits... no. Other than my imperfect body, One for All is... Getting in the way of my dreams!"

Shiggy himself thought that he was losing due to his limits, but then immediately concluded they don't matter. Deku would have him in this exact same position, beating him easily, whether Shiggy was weakened or not. That's what his statement actually implies.
He acknowleges it as a threat , not that it was stronger than him a comparable being to you is a threat.

He is referring to the injury of his torso, at no point he states he has less durability than before, that would make no sense as his entire body regenerated previously before this fight.

Do you really think that a human comparable to you could rip pieces of your body with a barrage of punches? Not even the strongest human would be able to do that.
By that point, in the fight we literally don't see the fight on his torso, and in his next words he refer to his imperfect body, and when his entire body regenerated we immediately go the torso wound to show us it wasn't perfect.

He created wound with punches , its not ripping your body to pieces. If that was the case then when Shigaraki was literally charred to a crisp and regeneration basically crawled to a hault the punch from a rage boosted 7-B izuku should have AT least knocked him out, if not outright killed him.

He acknowleges it as a threat , not that it was stronger than him a comparable being to you is a threat.
When he says that right after talking about how he could be able to do better if he wasn't at his limits, yes, he is saying OFA is stronger than him. The order of that sentence directly implies that even if he wasn't at his limits, the situation he's currently in wouldn't be different.

This is furthered by him frantically looking for a quirk that could beat Deku at all. He couldn't think of a single way to beat Deku other than hoping there was a quirk in AFO he didn't know about that could take him out. That's quite the heavy implication for Deku's superiority stat wise if Shiggy is begging for a quirk that can beat him.

When he says that right after talking about how he could be able to do better if he wasn't at his limits, yes, he is saying OFA is stronger than him. The order of that sentence directly implies that even if he wasn't at his limits, the situation he's currently in wouldn't be different.

This is furthered by him frantically looking for a quirk that could beat Deku at all. He couldn't think of a single way to beat Deku other than hoping there was a quirk in AFO he didn't know about that could take him out. That's quite the heavy implication for Deku's superiority stat wise if Shiggy is begging for a quirk that can beat him.
The order of that sentence he would still be a threat regardless as any comparable being would be not that he's stronger.

he's looking for a quirk to beat him because he's currently in a position where he's on the backfoot forced to just be on the defense, yeah deku had him on the defensive and he needs some way out , because he was already pushed to his limits.

The order of that sentence he would still be a threat regardless as any comparable being would be not that he's stronger.

he's looking for a quirk to beat him because he's currently in a position where he's on the backfoot forced to just be on the defense, yeah deku had him on the defensive and he needs some way out , because he was already pushed to his limits.
But Shigaraki himself doesn't attribute it to his limits. He begins to think its due to his limits, but then immediately switches and calls OFA itself the problem.

Essentially, since he never says or implies he's equal to Deku if not weakened, there's no reason for us to say he is. He begins to say the heroes are the problem, but then claims something completely contrary by stating OFA in general is in his way.

He never claims to be equal to OFA, and instead implies the sheer strength difference is the issue. So why should we scale him, if even he doubts that his weakened state is relevant to a fight between himself and Deku.

But Shigaraki himself doesn't attribute it to his limits. He begins to think its due to his limits, but then immediately switches and calls OFA itself the problem.

Essentially, since he never says or implies he's equal to Deku if not weakened, there's no reason for us to say he is. He begins to say the heroes are the problem, but then claims something completely contrary by stating OFA in general is in his way.

He never claims to be equal to OFA, and instead implies the sheer strength difference is the issue. So why should we scale him, if even he doubts that his weakened state is relevant to a fight between himself and Deku.
Ok, the problem I'm having here is that the statement still applies if they where comparable. You could just as easily say he's thinking if the limits didn't exist I'd be able to take this guy out easily, but then reverts saying it wouldn't be an easy fight even if the limits weren't there.(Which is more likely considering Tomura's arrogance up until this point.)

Last edited:
Ok, the problem I'm having here is that the statement still applies if they where comparable. You could just as easily say he's thinking if the limits didn't exist I'd be able to take this guy out easily, but then reverts saying it wouldn't be an easy fight even if the limits weren't there.
Actually, his full statement doesn't even refer to the damage the heroes dealt to him after he references it. He states his "imperfect body", as in his whole body, not the injuries. So he's actually saying his 75% self in it's entirety is the issue on top of OFA. Which gives us more reason not to scale him to equal to Deku.

He also never implicates that the fight would be a stomp for him if he wasn't hurt. At best, you could interpret it as "if i was complete."

His statement was if those heroes hadn't pushed me to my limits and then refers to his imperfect body referring to if his body wasn't imperfect he would have been able to fully heal all of his prior injuries but he couldn't.

Tomura started off this fight arrogant because no one on the battlefield was on his level and then he gets introduced to 100% deku who's actually comparable to him so he's wondering if it's because of the earlier damage , but he concludes the fight wouldn't be easy even if he wasn't weakened.

His statement was if those heroes hadn't pushed me to my limits and then refers to his imperfect body referring to if his body wasn't imperfect he would have been able to fully heal all of his prior injuries but he couldn't.

Tomura started off this fight arrogant because no one on the battlefield was on his level and then he gets introduced to 100% deku who's actually comparable to him so he's wondering if it's because of the earlier damage , but he concludes the fight wouldn't be easy even if he wasn't weakened.
His statement was "If those heroes hadn't pushed me to my limits..." <---- If he stopped right here, i would agree with you. But right after the ellipses, he says "no." When he says "no" there, that means whatever he just said is invalid. So his statement about the heroes isn't relevant anymore because he notes that his own statement is faulty. In Shigaraki's mind, the damage he has taken is irrelevant to the actual factors he's losing to.

This means that only what he says after is relevant, and what he ultimately attributes is making him lose is his imperfect body and OFA. If those two factors didn't exist, he would not be in this situation. That is his takeaway, not the injuries.

The reason he even knew his body was imperfect was because of the issues it had with healing himself. The imperfect body is directly linked to the heroes pressuring him.

No, his body is imperfect because he was released early. The damage the heroes dealt to him made him realize that right before Deku grabbed him with black whip. He is stating that even if they hadn't damaged him, him only being 75% is one of the leading issues for why he's losing in that moment. The other being OFA is strong enough to beat the literal shit out of him.

Healing slowed or not, he is calling his body and OFA the true issues, because he finds OFA stronger than his incomplete self.

Ok, let's just say this , because I'm done attempting to prove this otherwise, if there is a difference in strength its not large. And his AP by tomura's words is greater than his dur, so he should at least have his AP scale to his dur.

I'm ok with either "Low 7-B+" or if we really want to be strict, then "At least 7-C, likely Low 7-B+"

If At least 7-C, likely Low 7-B+ is what we're standing with then I'm alright with it as well.

I'll be fine with either But why are we doing the at least 7-C for , shouldn't we just do low 7-B+. If we can agree the difference isn't large.

Last edited:
Also, I wanted to ask something about this hear this wasn't the original purpose of this CRT, but I'll mention it should we put a potentially higher with other AFO quirks, as we know in the AFO quirks there are strength enhancers/Kinetic Energy boosters and what not. I talked about this a bit on the other thread so feel free to comment.

The way it'd go it would be Low 7-B+ higher with other AFO quirks.

Also, I wanted to ask something about this hear this wasn't the original purpose of this CRT, but I'll mention it should we put a potentially higher with other AFO quirks, as we know in the AFO quirks there are strength enhancers/Kinetic Energy boosters and what not. I talked about this a bit on the other thread so feel free to comment.

“Likely higher with other AFO quirks” would work better.

I agree with the likely higher since he flat out has amps with the quirks
Same applies to Afo himself

Just to reiterate the changes

Deku: 30% 8-B+, 45% 7-C(Could endure an Air cannon point-blank, durability should scale to AP given nature of OFA),100% 7-B varies with rage up to 7-B with BW

Use BW for LS feats like him binding Shigaraki should be

30% at least Class K(Yanking a character, and then them casually overpowering you isn't a justification for putting you in the same tier as them)
Class M with 45% (Superior to Ryukyu)
Varies with Rage at least Class 25(could casually lift a bus) up to Class M with BW

remove expert h2h for reasons I stated in OP.

Shigaraki: AP: low 7-B+ likely higher with certain AFO quirks (Was shown to have more power than his body could handle)

Last edited:
I don't mind the downgraded to 30% since I felt like 8-A was a too high, but why would 45% be 7-C? Shigaraki's Air Cannon can hurt Endeavor who is going to have Low 7-B+ durability via scaling to Shigaraki's physical attacks. Izuku also took a physical hit from Shigaraki as well.

Whoa, who said anything about Endeavour getting Low 7-B+ durability? I thought we were only scaling Shigaraki that high.

Endeavor has to scale to whatever Shigaraki's AP is. Did I miss something, why are we suggesting Low 7-B+ AP in this case?

I thought the basis of the upgrade was Shigaraki scaling in some form to 100% Deku.

There is no way that Endeavor would be remotely comparable to 100% Deku.

In universe he likely is, since he's shown to at least be comparable in durability to 45% Izuku who is slightly more than 2x weaker than 100%.

But that's irrelevant here.

Endeavor took multiple hits from Shigaraki, so he scales to his AP. Shigaraki himself was clearly not confident in beating Endeavor without his Quirks since he ignored him and tried to kill Aizawa to get his powers back. Holding back against Endeavor makes no sense when he tried to instantly kill him with Decay with his first two moves beforehand.

Why is Shigaraki being compared to 100% Izuku again, did I not understand the reasoning?

Last edited:
I genuinely don’t think Endeavor is AM tier durability wise cause we’ve seen him take blows that AM can shrug off but Endeavor comes away notably injured or seriously injured (like getting slammed through some buildings by a powerful force).

I’m not sure we can argue whether Shigaraki was going entirely serious on Endeavor especially since Shigaraki got pinned by Endeavor briefly which makes no sense and rather than try to kill him when he smacked him and Ryukyu he chose to pose on him. The only other hit Endeavor took looked like he only got grazed by Shigaraki.

Yes he's clearly weaker than All Might, but once again there's no reason not to scale Endeavor to Shigaraki's AP.

It doesn't matter how Shigaraki acts, since he's clearly been trying to kill everyone. He wants an easy fast kill with Decay, that's why he keeps going for Aizawa, yet his AP being thousands of times higher than Endeavor makes no sense since he can perform the same feat with his pinky finger.

He didn't kill him there because he couldn't, he also got directly hit by Shigaraki's Air Cannon. If Shigaraki was that much stronger than him why use Air Cannon instead of ripping his arm off or something. Let's not try to make up excuses on this, Shigaraki was having fun but not holding back.

He literally tried to kill him instantly before using Air Cannon.

I will never accept Shigaraki's AP being capable of one shotting Endeavor, since this implies the entire fight is full of completely PIS and CIS.

Yes he's clearly weaker than All Might, but once again there's no reason not to scale Endeavor to Shigaraki's AP.

It doesn't matter how Shigaraki acts, since he's clearly been trying to kill everyone. He wants an easy fast kill with Decay, that's why he keeps going for Aizawa, yet his AP being thousands of times higher than Endeavor makes no sense since he can perform the same feat with his pinky finger.

He didn't kill him there because he couldn't, he also got directly hit by Shigaraki's Air Cannon. If Shigaraki was that much stronger than him why use Air Cannon instead of ripping his arm off or something. Let's not try to make up excuses on this, Shigaraki was having fun but not holding back.

He literally tried to kill him instantly before using Air Cannon.

I will never accept Shigaraki's AP being capable of one shotting Endeavor, since this implies the entire fight is full of completely PIS and CIS.
Then what do you suggest we do? Scale Endeavor to 100% OFA? That makes no sense as we blatantly see him get pierced or harmed by attacks OFA users shrug off.

I don’t get how Endeavor can have durability rivalling AFO and OFA users but then majority of his feats and even in entire character motivation contradicts that.

As for why didn’t Shigaraki just tear Endeavor apart. It very well could be PIS. Because Endeavor being Low7B+ but then being blasted away and taken out of the fight by an indirect 7C attack makes absolutely no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back