• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with scaling for the MHA verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
That introduce another problem, how strong is Endeavor Pre War?

And how is it that Endeavor spent most of his life training and ended up in his Pre-War stats, yet in just a few months he's now comparable to All Might?

Is it even implied that he's still getting stronger, can we even do something like that?
It’s not implied at all and as you said Endeavor has trained his whole life

A sudden boost in stats for him doesn’t make sense, I’d be willing to believe he’s slightly stronger than he was in Kyushu but slightly

Saying the Low 7-B+ feats are outlier would be weird since we have three of them.

All Might's storm, the Double Detroit Smash, and 100% Bakugo's attack. And ignoring the movies all together is not something that sits with me either.

Can I get a summary on what's the real problem with Endeavor and Shigaraki is, maybe if we go through it from the beginning we can see something we may have missed.

Saying the Low 7-B+ feats are outlier would be weird since we have three of them.

All Might's storm, the Double Detroit Smash, and 100% Bakugo's attack. And ignoring the movies all together is not something that sits with me either.

Can I get a summary on what's the real problem with Endeavor and Shigaraki is, maybe if we go through it from the beginning we can see something we may have missed.
Shigaraki scales to Low7B+. AFO and All Might scale to 7C. Endeavor repeatedly displays inferior stats to AM. AM has no reason to grow THAT much weaker.

I mean in real life it's possible that you can kill someone with a single punch, depending on where you hit them, even if they're stronger than you.

When I mean one shot, I'm saying an actual one shot where a single punch and that part of Endeavor's body he hit explodes into blood. Just the top half of his body is completely gone from the power, that's what I'm talking about.
Honestly, I don't think that's possible but I think Shiggy can pierce Endeavor the way he pierced Ryukyu and Gran Torino as Endeavor got pierced by Rivet Stab and even Hood. However if it is a pure blunt force attack, I think Endeavor could survive a few hits.

I mean AFO was holding back against them, the idea he using All Might level power on a group of Heroes seems just as unlikely to me. AFO holding back makes more sense because to our knowledge none of those Heroes are a threat to him, unlike Endeavor who can actually kill Shigaraki.

Case in point we've had them at Low 7-B+ for a year I believe, and no one had a problem with that.

What other calcs would we even be dropping, please explain.

Once again It's three Low 7-B+ calcs vs one 7-C calc after all. Would we have to downgrade the entire cast if I release multiple 9-B calcs for 5% Izuku and Bakugo.

Last edited:
I mean AFO was holding back against them, the idea he using All Might level power on a group of Heroes seems just as unlikely to me.

Case in point we've had them at Low 7-B+ for a year I believe, and no one had a problem with that.

What other calcs would we even be dropping, please explain.

It's three Low 7-B+ calcs vs one 7-C calc after all.
Why? AFO has no reason to hold back and he explicitly says he was trying to kill them. The entire justification for Endeavor's Hellfame rating requires AFO to have blasted him full force. This is quite similar to the Shigaraki holding back argument we had earlier.

Yeah because we didn't have Endeavor fighting in their tier.

Unless we're agreeing that flashfire amps Dabi and the others by over 1000 times we'd be dropping Geten and Dabi's calcs. Along with those we'd drop Re Destro's since Geten isn't stronger than him. We'd also need to drop Nejire's as she scales to Ryukyu who'd have to scale somewhat to Endeavor otherwise she'd be paste in this fight.

I thought the storm feat was dropped due to consistency problems. Bakugou melting part of a mountain shouldn't scale to anyone unless the feat is actually Bakugou blows away part of a mountain.

Bakugo melting part of the mountain scales because he achieved that amount of power from OFA's boost, which means OFA can boost Izuku in the same manner. Sorry we aren't dropping that.

Endeavor is different than the other Heroes though, the blast he clashed with was aimed at All Might. He quickly switched it to Endeavor to get rid of his flames. We already know AFO was holding back against Jeanist, because right after that he's delighted about the power of Air Cannon being boosted by multiple Quirks.

Which implies he's using this for the first time.

All Might's storm isn't dropped anymore, where did you get that, look at his profile.

We're were though, at one point no one had a problem with that. Flashfire can be anything, just because you don't like that increase doesn't mean it's not true.

Also maybe he doesn't scale to Endeavor.

Why? AFO has no reason to hold back and he explicitly says he was trying to kill them. The entire justification for Endeavor's Hellfame rating requires AFO to have blasted him full force. This is quite similar to the Shigaraki holding back argument we had earlier.

Unless we're agreeing that flashfire amps Dabi and the others by over 1000 times we'd be dropping Geten and Dabi's calcs. Along with those we'd drop Re Destro's since Geten isn't stronger than him. We'd also need to drop Nejire's as she scales to Ryukyu who'd have to scale somewhat to Endeavor otherwise she'd be paste in this fight.

I thought the storm feat was dropped due to consistency problems. Bakugou melting part of a mountain shouldn't scale to anyone unless the feat is actually Bakugou blows away part of a mountain.
Wait hold up here why is Dabi the problem here. Dabi clearly ignores durability as his flames are approaching surface of the sun temperatures(Could quickly melt carbon fiber cables which have a melting point of 3550 C), its not the force of his strikes increasing here it's the heat. There's no evidence the force actually increased to that degree.

Why is Dabi even scaling to Endeavor when he never clashed with him, and we agree that the movie scene is an inconsistency?

Dabi scales to endeavor because he is stated multiple times to have a higher potential than him, and he is capable of one shotting shoto when he's serious , when Shoto's flashfire is stated to be comparable to endeavor's

Shoto's Flashfire wasn't compared to Endeavor's, also at best they're talking about the heat of Dabi's flames not the force.

And I don't see why potential means that's what he is currently.

He's 25 there's no reason for him not to reach it and yes they where in the joint training arc give me a sec to find the panel.

The Joint Training Arc Todoroki never used Flashfire, he tried to but was stopped before he can do it.

All Might was talking about the heat of his flames, not the force. If he meant the force then Tetsutetsu would scale to that, since he was hitting him with those flames.

Todoroki's flames in this moment never showed any type of force.

Dabi scales to endeavor because he is stated multiple times to have a higher potential than him, and he is capable of one shotting shoto when he's serious , when Shoto's flashfire is stated to be comparable to endeavor's
It wasn’t quite a one shot as Dabi had damaged Shoto before hand
But it clearly seemed like he was dragging out the process of killing shoto.

As you said he basically just Incaps him when he just decides he’s done messing around

Why is Dabi even scaling to Endeavor when he never clashed with him, and we agree that the movie scene is an inconsistency?
So wait Dabi clashing with Endeavor is inconsistent but everyone else performing feats out of their normal paygrade is?

Also what reason is there to assume Dabi can't output similar force to Endeavor with the exact same technique coming from an almost exact copy of Endeavor's quirk?

I really don't see why we wouldn't compare those two when Dabi is frequently stated to be stronger than Endeavor at max, and he's 24/25 he should have reached his potential and there's no reason to think otherwise.

What feats outside of their paygrade?

There are three Low 7-B+ feats vs one 7-C feat.

With your logic let me downgrade the rest of the cast to 9-B, since it doesn't make sense why Stain would hold back and his greatest feat is around 9-B to 9-C.

Apologies I think I went too far there, I can't control myself as well as I should.

Well either way I cannot sit well with saying three Low 7-B+ feats should be discarded, because of one 7-C feat.

I don't see why you want to downscale Dabi who is clearly treated in story to be comparable if not greater to Endeavor. That's inconsistency.

Also someone explain to me why 45% izuku should scale, it clearly seems air cannon doesn't fully scale to physical stats , AFO's air cannon which was boosted several times over didn't do significant damage to AM, but he could clearly injure him.

Heck not all of the quirks should scale rivet stab couldn't even pierce AM.

Shigaraki could stomp endeavor with his physicals but endeavor could brush off his air cannon quite easily.

What feats outside of their paygrade?

You are outclassed by three Low 7-B+ feats vs one 7-C feat.

With your logic let me downgrade the rest of the cast to 9-B, since it doesn't make sense why Stain would hold back and his greatest feat is around 9-B to 9-C.
Let's see... 5% Deku's AP and speed, wounded AM's AP, 100% Deku's AP, Mina and Aoyama's AP. I could probably find more.

3 Low-7B feats with one that is a heat feat and not AP so it has no reason to even scale top Deku's AP. Another that by your logic should be an incosistency and a third that was agreed to have been dropped afaik.

What are you talking about?

Right I should apologise for my tone as well. Sorry I'll try to keep my cool.

I already explained why that feat scales to Izuku, that 5 megaton of energy came from OFA, that same energy is used to boost Izuku's strength.

We already accepted it.

What does 5% have to do with Low 7-B+?

I don't see why you want to downscale Dabi who is clearly treated in story to be comparable if not greater to Endeavor. That's inconsistency.
Shigaraki didn't stomp Endeavor, he styled on him, also his dura scales to his AP.

He clearly wasn't confident in beating Endeavor without his Quirks, and the idea he could one shot him with is pinky finger is absurd.

Let's see... 5% Deku's AP and speed, wounded AM's AP, 100% Deku's AP, Mina and Aoyama's AP. I could probably find more.

3 Low-7B feats with one that is a heat feat and not AP so it has no reason to even scale top Deku's AP. Another that by your logic should be an incosistency and a third that was agreed to have been dropped afaik.

What are you talking about?

Right I should apologise for my tone as well. Sorry I'll try to keep my cool.
The all might feat is mentioned in his page and links to The references for common feats storm creation calcs

I just looked up that fight again. It's clear as day not all of AFO's attack are of the same power.

The first blow completely disperses Endeavor's fire into nothing.

The second blow is the one Endeavor matches with his fire for a while.

The last blow is aimed at the ground and it's shockwave completely blows the heroes away apart from All Might who only gets pushed back while grunting.

All these 3 attacks are clearly very different in power. The 3rd one isn't even a direct hit yet blows everyone away and AFO only uses it after he gets annoyed.

Shigaraki didn't stomp Endeavor, he styled on him, also his dura scales to his AP.

He clearly wasn't confident in beating Endeavor without his Quirks, and the idea he could one shot him with is pinky finger is absurd.
I don't deny Shigaraki being able to easily one shot him is absurd that wasn't what I was referring to the fact Shigaraki clearly did more damage with that punch than his air cannon.

I just looked up that fight again. It's clear as day not all of AFO's attack are of the same power.

The last blow is aimed at the ground and it's shockwave completely blows the heroes away apart from All Might who only gets pushed back while grunting.

All these 3 attacks are clearly very different in power. The 3rd one isn't even a direct hit yet blows everyone away and AFO only uses it after he gets annoyed.
The first Two blows still couldn’t pierce through endeavor’s Fire and hit him

Was endeavor even Injured by the one aimed at the ground just seemed like he got knocked away and even edgeshot survived it.

I already explained why that feat scales to Izuku, that 5 megaton of energy came from OFA, that same energy is used to boost Izuku's strength.

We already accepted it, if you have a problem with it then bring it up now.

What does 5% have to do with Low 7-B+?
It really shouldn't especially since Deku would get nerfed upon the transfer much like AM did.

I'm honestly confused about that AM calc. Are we assuming he spawned the storm or drew it in from somwhere?

I never said 5% is Low7B

Endeavor wasn't injured, he was just blown away.

Being blow away doesn't mean he's stronger, since Endeavor's sent Shigaraki flying and we don't considering that as him scaling.

The Joint Training Arc Todoroki never used Flashfire, he tried to but was stopped before he can do it.

All Might was talking about the heat of his flames, not the force. If he meant the force then Tetsutetsu would scale to that, since he was hitting him with those flames.

Todoroki's flames in this moment never showed any type of force.
Todoroki clearly used Jet Burn against Tetsu Tetsu which is a Flashfire move: Flashfire Fist: Jet Burn.

The second blow never happened in the manga.

So Endeavor doesn't scale to AFO?

Alright explain to me why AFO would hold back on heroes he wants to kill.

I'm about say something I think most people will agree with, but doesn't sit well with me.

Do we actually assume the Low 7-B+ feats are outliers, and just put all current Low 7-B+ to 7-C?

That's interpretation is very possible, however him slightly injuring Todoroki who can take a 5% punch implies their is some comparability between 5% and his base. The 5% punch did more damage, but Todoroki didn't tank Base Izuku's hit.

AP doesn't equal the amount of destruction a person can unleash with their attack. The wiki states this right on the Attack Potency page, just because he's High 8-C or 8-C+ it doesn't mean he can destroy a building.
then id argue him slightly hurting Todoroki is an Outlier.

Deku might not have building level AOE but that's still potency he has within his fist that literally undermines nearly everything about the story and his character.
why is having a quirk such a big deal when you can totally crush steel and rock like it's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back