• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with scaling for the MHA verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the movie Two Hero in the rise of heroes saga Deku was shown comparable to weakened AM, its where the Low 7-B feat comes from.
I thought people didn't take the movie feats that seriously. I saw that the "dispersing Nine's storm feat" was being disregarded for being "too powerful". There's is also the Bakugo oblitering Wolfram's cubes that I remember putting Bakugo's AP in another tier entirely.

I thought people didn't take the movie feats that seriously. I saw that the "dispersing Nine's storm feat" was being disregarded for being "too powerful". There's is also the Bakugo oblitering Wolfram's cubes that I remember putting Bakugo's AP in another tier entirely.

Likewise.

The movies exaggerate everything. I was going to make a breakdown of the consistency of Izuku's manga feats vs. the movie, but then this thread came up.

Its not that he didn't get obliterated by deku in one punch, it's that he was capable of standing there and just enduring punches until Deku ran out of energy while he was priorly weakened. That's not a tier difference at that point it's one thing if a character is capable of taking punches but is being clearly stomped(for a recent example take gojo vs jogo in jujutsu kaisen) , its another thing when a character is able to get into an endurance match of stamina with another sheerly through their own durability.

To the point that Bakugou states this about the fight "No he's gonna lose if this keeps up. It's taking every skill he's got to keep shigaraki in the air. But since that first hit didn't seal the deal, it's now an endurance match. Deku can't last forever against a guy who can regenerate. In a few minutes he'll be dust and have his power stolen from him"
Ok I'll just refer Gigaton to this then to get this argument solved. Your argument is that shigaraki is weaker here so he shouldn't be on the same tier , but your forgetting that Bakugou an impartial judge, judged that Shigaraki would still win the fight if it went on and was eventually proven true. Not to mention shigaraki was already priorly weakened at that point.

I can't wait for MHA movie 3 to introduce even more debate. It seems Hori works on all these movies in some capacity, considering how many breaks he took before the Movie 3 announcement.

That to my knowledge would only affect 2 fights in the verse weakened AM, USJ nomu. The current god tiers in the verse scale to izuku who if the movie feats are abandoned will just scale to the creating a storm feat.

Ok, but this got off topic but this,
Deku: 30% Unknown, 45% 7-C(Could endure an Air cannon point-blank, durability should scale to AP given nature of OFA),100% 7-B varies with rage up to 7-B with BW

remove expert h2h for reasons I stated above.

Shigaraki:7-B(Was shown to have more power than his body could handle),7-B dura(Could endure a barrage of blows from 100% deku, in a weakened state while his regeneration was slowed, until Deku ran out of stamina)

Any comments @Damage3245

I'm actually interested in how the scaling would be without movie feats.
Then we’d probably need a movie version of a lot of characters
I assume
100% Deku and Bakugo-High 6-C
Nine also at high 6-C
Low 7-C Bakugo off the steel cubes same for anyone who scales(Maybe it would still be an outlier)
Shoto might scale to wolfram since he blocked several pillars intended for All Might with ice
Massively Hypersonic 100% Deku and Bakugo for being immensely faster than base nine
Who has a Mach 90 feat or they’d be At least High Hypersonic+

Honestly if we did make movies pages we’d may as well combine movies with the anime which has a feat of Hawks blocking a blow from Hood and that anime Deku calc

Last edited:
Then we’d probably need a movie version of a lot of characters
I assume
100% Deku and Bakugo-High 6-C
Nine also at high 6-C
Low 7-C Bakugo off the steel cubes same for anyone who scales(Maybe it would still be an outlier)
Shoto might scale to wolfram since he blocked several pillars intended for All Might with ice
Massively Hypersonic 100% Deku and Bakugo for being immensely faster than base nine
Who has a Mach 90 feat or they’d be At least High Hypersonic+

Honestly if we did make movies pages we’d may as well combine movies with the anime which has a feat of Hawks blocking a blow from Hood and that anime Deku calc
Dang maybe we should make movie keys if they're THAT different.

Ok, but this got off topic but this,
Deku: 30% Unknown, 45% 7-C(Could endure an Air cannon point-blank, durability should scale to AP given nature of OFA),100% 7-B varies with rage up to 7-B with BW

Shigaraki:7-B(Was shown to have more power than his body could handle),7-B dura(Could endure a barrage of blows from 100% deku, in a weakened state while his regeneration was slowed, until Deku ran out of stamina)

Any comments @Damage3245
Seems reasonable

Dang maybe we should make movie keys if they're THAT different.
Yeah they would no electricity really different without the main series Unironically holding them back because of the concept of the outlier lol especially with the storm dispersal(If High 6-C would still be an outlier we could always just calc the size of the rainbow colored shockwave alone that looked like it was at least 7-A)

It would be like the toeiverse with dragon ball where the anime and movies scales far beyond the manga

Deku's 20% self has a rating, so we can scale his 30% self to be at least that strong instead of leaving it as unknown.

When was the Air Cannon feat?

Ah, I just found it in chapter 285. That wouldn't scale to his 45% self, but his 100% self, no? Because he was using everything he had to fight Shigaraki in the air.

People agreed that 30% should be far stronger than 20% that’s kinda with the main form of reasoning being that only 2x the Almost 8-B+ calc is barely not Baseline 8-A
That’s kinda it
If Deku became at least 8-B+ it wouldn’t change much since Bakugo has reason to scale to 8-A now
Nothing suggests 30% and Bakugou (who seems to be reawakened) are equal in power. 8B+ would make more sense especially with the current difference between 5 and 8%.

Nothing suggests 30% and Bakugou (who seems to be reawakened) are equal in power. 8B+ would make more sense especially with the current difference between 5 and 8%.
Oh no I’m not saying Awakening Bakugo=30% I’m just saying it wouldn’t effect Bakugo much at least not that state
Based on the reasons we used to justify Bakugo scaling to 30% now he should be stronger than It since we considered them equal before the power up.Likely Bakugo is still in the middle of his Awakening kinda like most of the shiggy vs Re Destro fight and could get stronger from here.

But Pre Awakening War arc Bakugo will go to 8-B+

Last edited:
This probably isn't the CRT for it but Hawks profile bothers me. Pushing through Dabi's flames means nothing as Dabi was confirmed to be holding back. Furthermore Hawks also took several attacks to beat two white nomu. His speed says he's stated to be one of the fastest heroes is never actually said iirc so it should be changed to comparable to Hood.

Hawks should still be one of the fastest heroes. Even when Jeanist and the pilot were speaking, they used Hawks and Mirko as a baseline for speed. They should at least be faster than the plane Jeanist was on.

Edgeshot and Endeavor shouldn't be far behind though especially when Endeavor uses Flashfire steps though he rarely uses this technique. He's only used it twice: in the training arc and to save Mirko during the hospital raid.

As for other Hawks speed feats:
  • being comparable to Hood & we now know Hood was comparable to Rappa, Mirko and O'clock in CQC from Vigilantes.
  • then there's the TUM issue where Hawks is FTE to a speedster that's FTE to Deku. The canonicity of TUM is dubious but if I could place it somewhere in the timeline, it would be during the 4 month timeskip so this would be Deku at anywhere between: 10%, 15%, 20% to the current 30%.

This probably isn't the CRT for it but Hawks profile bothers me. Pushing through Dabi's flames means nothing as Dabi was confirmed to be holding back. Furthermore Hawks also took several attacks to beat two white nomu. His speed says he's stated to be one of the fastest heroes is never actually said iirc so it should be changed to comparable to Hood.
Tbf it was also agreed Dabi was holding back vs Geten as well
Also merely surviving that explosive outburst is a feat and it’s the reason Kamui woods has multi city block dura even though dabi was even more casual vs woods
Woods also barely withstood that one attack
If your gonna downgrade his Ap his dura still stays

Hawks has literally been hit so little I don’t think he has any Durability anti feats

Tbf it was also agreed Dabi was holding back vs Geten as well
Also merely surviving that explosive outburst is a feat and it’s the reason Kamui woods has multi city block dura even though dabi was even more casual vs woods
Woods also barely withstood that one attack
If your gonna downgrade his Ap his dura still stays

Hawks has literally been hit so little I don’t think he has any Durability anti feats
Wasn't his holding back against Geten because of not using flashfire or was it because of the movie? We also literally don't know how much he held back. Base Deku survived an attack from him as well so is he 8A?
Aren't temperature damage and blunt force different in MHA?

Hawks should still be one of the fastest heroes. Even when Jeanist and the pilot were speaking, they used Hawks and Mirko as a baseline for speed. They should at least be faster than the plane Jeanist was on.

Edgeshot and Endeavor shouldn't be far behind though especially when Endeavor uses Flashfire steps though he rarely uses this technique. He's only used it twice: in the training arc and to save Mirko during the hospital raid.

As for other Hawks speed feats:
  • being comparable to Hood & we now know Hood was comparable to Rappa, Mirko and O'clock in CQC from Vigilantes.
  • then there's the TUM issue where Hawks is FTE to a speedster that's FTE to Deku. The canonicity of TUM is dubious but if I could place it somewhere in the timeline, it would be during the 4 month timeskip so this would be Deku at anywhere between: 10%, 15%, 20% to the current 30%.
I'm not disputing his speed but that statement on his profile is literally from nothing.
I just want better justifications for his speed honestly.

Wasn't his holding back against Geten because of not using flashfire or was it because of the movie? We also literally don't know how much he held back. Base Deku survived an attack from him as well so is he 8A?
Aren't temperature damage and blunt force different in MHA?
It was because he didn’t use Flashfire vs Geten

With Deku he mostly but not really dodged it and we know it’s inconsistent with his scaling since he takes notable damage from High 8-Cs consistently.
Against Hawks he was Surprise attacking him, blasting him with flame thrower esque attacks and relentlessly roasting him.Then ends up using heat damage primarily to fry Hawks back when he coated his leg in fire.
I also doubt vs the number 2 Hero he wouldn’t just use 8-A force when he surprise attacked him the first time, it’d still not close to his full power and against most of the verse it would oneshot.
Just seems logical.Especially since Dabi likely knew Hawks speed would be a problem if he escaped the room.

Yeah temp and blunt force are separated but there are a few occasions it counts.tbh if you still disagree then you should also want Kamui Woods to get downgraded as well since he overall took it far worse.
And make a crt for Dabi’s cremation to be High 8-C up to 8-A or something

Last edited:
It was because he didn’t use Flashfire vs Geten

With Deku he mostly but not really dodged it and we know it’s inconsistent with his scaling since he takes notable damage from High 8-Cs consistently.
Against Hawks he was Surprise attacking him blasting him with flame thrower esque attacks and relentlessly roasting him.Then ends up using heat damage primarily to fry Hawks back when he coated his leg in fire.
I also doubt vs the number 2 Hero he wouldn’t just use 8-A force when he surprise attacked him it’d still not close to his full power and against most of the verse it would oneshot.

Yeah temp and blunt force are separated but there are a few occasions it counts.tbh if you still disagree then you should also want Kamui Woods to get downgraded as well since he overall took it far worse.
And make a crt for Dabi’s cremation to be High 8-C up to 8-A or something
Alright I'll make a CRT about all this.

K although as a final note about Hawks
It would be kinda weird for him to have a possibly 8-A in Dura only vs fire attacks despite it being his biggest weakness
Although this isn’t a Hawks CRT we can save it for later

For now I guess were focused on 7-B shiggy
Well Hawks' feathers are shown to be way more flammable than him so it's not really weird by the series' logic anyway.

So @Damage3245 would this work

Deku: 30% 8-B+(Should be much stronger than 20%), 45% 7-C(Could endure an Air cannon point-blank, durability should scale to AP given nature of OFA),100% 7-B varies with rage up to 7-B with BW

The air cannon was when he was next to ryukyu, his durability shouldn't have increased there as he was only using 100% in his individual arm at that point.

Man, Dabi with Flashfire and without are like 2 completely different characters. Very few characters in the verse can even put up a fight against Flashfire Dabi. I just saw the Korean scans and Jeanist tried to capture Dabi with the Carbon fibre cables again but Dabi burnt through them in an instant.

30% Deku can momentarily yank Shigaraki in the middle of a charge, his 8-A tier is fine.

Also why are we scaling Bakugo from NHE anyway? He can't hurt them and Iida stated Bakugo is no match even after his awakening or whatever, not to mention that Mirio thinks NHEs are probably as strong as Hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back