• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei Hyoudou vs Tatsumaki: Actually in the Same Tier for Once Addition

Well he was able to Boost 47 times in like a second so that would be; x2, x4, x8, x16, x32, x64, x128, x256, x512, x1024, x2048, x4096, x8192... Wow this gets ridiculous real fast, I'm not even up to half way

Everything12 said:
Well he was able to Boost 47 times in like a second so that would be; x2, x4, x8, x16, x32, x64, x128, x256, x512, x1024, x2048, x4096, x8192... Wow this gets ridiculous real fast, I'm not even up to half way
I'm not sure we're allowed to use the 2x end since Issei and co. would be Tier 5 if we did. I think we just assume it boosts his power a lot.

Everything12 said:
1.4x10^14 by the end

About the amps as Everything said, he can amp real quick so it's not that much of a problem.

Firephoenixearl said:
About the amps as Everything said, he can amp real quick so it's not that much of a problem.
Tatsumaki's crush is thought-based which is why I'm not sure if he'll breach an at least 40x LS difference to break out in time.

Planck69 said:
I'm not sure we're allowed to use the 2x end since Issei and co. would be Tier 5 if we did. I think we just assume it boosts his power a lot.
Its not just assuming, its repeatedly say to double his power from not just knowledgeable people in verse but even the narration. Their is no other way to take his power other then that it doubles his strength, to say otherwise but be to deny one the biggest parts of the series itself. Assuming that he has a limit that prevents him from reaching Tier 5 and the like is understandably but assuming it doesn't double his power is just wrong.

Planck69 said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Tatsumaki's crush is thought-based which is why I'm not sure if he'll breach an at least 40x LS difference to break out in time.
It's thought based though she does use hand movement and to my knowledge she has never insta crushed someone despite being far superior.

And 40x difference is like...less than 6 boosts.

Everything12 said:
Its not just assuming, its repeatedly say to double his power from not just knowledgeable people in verse but even the narration. Their is no other way to take his power other then that it doubles his strength, to say otherwise but be to deny one the biggest parts of the series itself. Assuming that he has a limit that prevents him from reaching Tier 5 and the like is understandably but assuming it doesn't double his power is just wrong.
Yeah, but at what point do we consider it to stop? 10 boosts would take Issei to 3.072 Petatons or Continent level+ with his LS being Class P. Yes, the narration makes this clear but it directly contradicts what we are shown on-screen. Unless he splatters everyone he spams boost against or something.

Firephoenixearl said:
It's thought based though she does use hand movement and to my knowledge she has never insta crushed someone despite being far superior.

And 40x difference is like...less than 6 boosts.
So do we assume it puts him at High 6-B or....? I really don't know what to do here beyond maybe arbitrarily assuming that it puts him above Tatsumaki (which it does but to what extent is important here).

I haven't read much of this thread.

That being said wouldn't Tatsumaki just instantly crush him? (Thought her LS was supposed to be upgraded to Class P?)

One thing and this does count... Issei can summon Ddraig to help him fight. Ddraig is technically a familiar and by fact is still part of the Boosted Gear making his summon a "summoning skill" Issei has and does not count as a separate character technically. Yeah if Issei is on losing end, he can just summon Ddraig. No Ddraig ban was made so can't tell me I'm wrong.

Jem La Dore said:
One thing and this does count... Issei can summon Ddraig to help him fight. Ddraig is technically a familiar and by fact is still part of the Boosted Gear making his summon a "summoning skill" Issei has and does not count as a separate character technically. Yeah if Issei is on losing end, he can just summon Ddraig. No Ddraig ban was made so can't tell me I'm wrong.
Well, yeah. That's assuming of course that he isn't crushed to death already.

I won't argue that Tats can't crush him, the lifting strength difference is far too much

However in character is an issue given I'm not sure how often she does that

Yeah but the bigger it is, the easier it is to dodge. Tats cannot so easily trap Issei and then drop a large amount of force upon him like what's been said. Insta death is also a big fat wank.

Jem La Dore said:
Yeah but the bigger it is, the easier it is to dodge. Tats cannot so easily trap Issei and then drop a large amount of force upon him like what's been said. Insta death is also a big fat wank.
Her TK doesn't have travel time so yes, she can just easily trap him as long as she can see him.

How is it wank when she has 40 times the LS of Issei?

Yes she can and she has done this before.

In character Tatsumaki starts with crushing quite a bit. Shown against you gyoro gyoro and that octopus monster thing.

Planck69 said:
Jem La Dore said:
Her TK doesn't have travel time so yes, she can just easily trap him as long as she can see him.
How is it wank when she actually has 40 times the LS of the other?
No she doesn't have 40x his Lifting Strength. Her LS and Issei's LS are both Class T so where is this 40x more LS of Issei from exactly?

Jem La Dore said:
No she doesn't have 40x his Lifting Strength. Her LS and Issei's LS are both Class T so where is this 40x more LS of Issei from exactly?
Class T ranges from 10^12 to 10^15 kg, you can both have Class T and still be vastly different in scale. In this case;

Issei>>>BxB Sairaorg>Shooting Star Rook=Baseline Class T.

Tatsumaki= ???%>>> Mogami's ghosts> 100% Courage> 100% Resignation>= 80% Toichiro>>> 20% Toichiro= 100% Anger>>> 10,078,144,000,000 kg or roughly 10 times baseline

Jem La Dore said:
K, but even then she's not insta killing him or even wounding him greatly. Issei has country-planet class durability.
We're using the Low 6-B versions of both characters.

Because Issei can't boost fast enough to prevent such an event. Basically what Planck just said.

Jem La Dore said:
You going to tell me that 40x crush is Low 6-B? Sounds like higher than low 6-B
The feat in question ranges from High 7-A to 6-C at the most.

Then it cannot be used. Therefore one cannot say she instantly crushes him to death. Because really, I'm not seeing anything other than that 40x as a sure guarantee she insta wins. Anything else below is just pure unknown.

Jem La Dore said:
Then it cannot be used. Therefore one cannot say she instantly crushes him to death. Because really, I'm not seeing anything other than that 40x as a sure guarantee she insta wins.
You seem to misunderstand. The feat for her LS being Class T was part of a calc that yielded High 7-A/6-C results but is still a valid way to find her LS. Her Low 6-B rating is from another one entirely. She has the LS to restrain Issei and the AP which, when used in conjustion with her restraint, can crush him.

Jem La Dore said:
So her AP surpasses 6 teratons?
It doesn't need to. Both are in a close enough range of power that Tatsumaki can still hurt him.

Back